Mr H

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

I just read that the US will be out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014... it sounds great, but the instead of the US taking a lesson from the Russians back in '79 when they invaded. Our gov decided to blame the Afghans for the "failed efforts", because of "large-scale corruption" -based on the 181 page report from US Defense and State Department. Now, the failed Democratic gov of Afghanistan wants to charge the US $70 million to move military equipment out of the country. I'm not sure if anyone heard of the drawback, but I knew history repeated itself. Just like the Vietnam war, we wasted lives for what? I know it wasn't for our country's freedom, more or less to uphold the American way of life. The plans for our Gov is world domination... simply through democracy and the New World Order!
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Mr H wrote:
I just read that the US will be out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014... it sounds great, but the instead of the US taking a lesson from the Russians back in '79 when they invaded. Our gov decided to blame the Afghans for the "failed efforts", because of "large-scale corruption" -based on the 181 page report from US Defense and State Department. Now, the failed Democratic gov of Afghanistan wants to charge the US $70 million to move military equipment out of the country. I'm not sure if anyone heard of the drawback, but I knew history repeated itself. Just like the Vietnam war, we wasted lives for what? I know it wasn't for our country's freedom, more or less to uphold the American way of life. The plans for our Gov is world domination... simply through democracy and the New World Order!
Both wars were senseless. The Vietnam War was the prolonged struggle between nationalist forces attempting to unify the country of Vietnam under a communist government and the United States (with the aid of the South Vietnamese) attempting to prevent the spread of communism. Engaged in a war that many viewed as having no way to win, U.S. leaders lost the American public's support for the war. Since the end of the war, the Vietnam War has become a benchmark for what not to do in all future U.S. foreign conflicts. The Afghan war was simply to hunt down Osama Bin Laden and his followers.
Mr H

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>Both wars were senseless. The Vietnam War was the prolonged struggle between nationalist forces attempting to unify the country of Vietnam under a communist government and the United States (with the aid of the South Vietnamese) attempting to prevent the spread of communism. Engaged in a war that many viewed as having no way to win, U.S. leaders lost the American public's support for the war. Since the end of the war, the Vietnam War has become a benchmark for what not to do in all future U.S. foreign conflicts. The Afghan war was simply to hunt down Osama Bin Laden and his followers.
That's what they want you to think. If that was the case, why are we still in Afghanistan? OBL was just to get the publics approval to invade. Now the majority is against it. Just like all these school shootings, gov controlled to get the US to ban firearms.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they want you to think. If that was the case, why are we still in Afghanistan? OBL was just to get the publics approval to invade. Now the majority is against it. Just like all these school shootings, gov controlled to get the US to ban firearms.
The logic goes like this: If U.S. and allied forces were to leave before the Afghans can defend themselves, the Taliban would regain power. And if they were in charge, then al-Qaida would not be far behind.

The US is fighting to prevent the Taliban militant Islamic terror group from retaking power in that country. When the Taliban ruled in Kabul, it funded and supported terror around the world. Now it doesn't so the US has achieved it's main objective but the problem now is how to keep it that way.
Mr H

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>The logic goes like this: If U.S. and allied forces were to leave before the Afghans can defend themselves, the Taliban would regain power. And if they were in charge, then al-Qaida would not be far behind.

The US is fighting to prevent the Taliban militant Islamic terror group from retaking power in that country. When the Taliban ruled in Kabul, it funded and supported terror around the world. Now it doesn't so the US has achieved it's main objective but the problem now is how to keep it that way.
Sorry guy, but the Taliban will always run that shit-hole. That is why the US called it a "failed effort". Both parties dropped the ball. Al-Qaida and Islamic extremist all over the world will always be around no matter what we do. Basically, it was a waste of good troops and money going overseas. The US sent Bin Laden home first class while funding the Taliban and the US failed to take care of Saddam 20yrs ago.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry guy, but the Taliban will always run that shit-hole. That is why the US called it a "failed effort". Both parties dropped the ball. Al-Qaida and Islamic extremist all over the world will always be around no matter what we do. Basically, it was a waste of good troops and money going overseas. The US sent Bin Laden home first class while funding the Taliban and the US failed to take care of Saddam 20yrs ago.
Oh don't get me wrong. I agree with you 110%! It's like the war on drugs. We'll never win that war either. But the US will insist no matter what.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

The question is "Did we lose the war in Afghanistan"?
My answer is YES!! Just like I mentioned before, it's like the war in Vietnam.
Only one thing is certain in 2014: it will be a year of American military defeat. For more than a decade, U.S. forces have fought many types of wars in Afghanistan, from a low-footprint invasion, to multiple surges, to a flirtation with Vietnam-style counterinsurgency, to a ramped-up, gloves-off air war. And yet, despite all the experiments in styles of war-making, the American military and its coalition partners have ended up in the same place: stalemate, which in a battle with guerrillas means defeat. For years, a modest-sized, generally unpopular, ragtag set of insurgents has fought the planetís most heavily armed, technologically advanced military to a standstill, leaving the country shaken and its citizens anxiously imagining the outcome of unpalatable scenarios.
ex military

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

It's like Vietnam but worse
Mr H

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Mr X wrote:
The question is "Did we lose the war in Afghanistan"?
My answer is YES!! Just like I mentioned before, it's like the war in Vietnam.
Only one thing is certain in 2014: it will be a year of American military defeat. For more than a decade, U.S. forces have fought many types of wars in Afghanistan, from a low-footprint invasion, to multiple surges, to a flirtation with Vietnam-style counterinsurgency, to a ramped-up, gloves-off air war. And yet, despite all the experiments in styles of war-making, the American military and its coalition partners have ended up in the same place: stalemate, which in a battle with guerrillas means defeat. For years, a modest-sized, generally unpopular, ragtag set of insurgents has fought the planet’s most heavily armed, technologically advanced military to a standstill, leaving the country shaken and its citizens anxiously imagining the outcome of unpalatable scenarios.
Well said.... The Russians stayed almost as long as we did. Back then, they were considered the world super power.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.... The Russians stayed almost as long as we did. Back then, they were considered the world super power.
Thanks H. Now I have a question for you.
Were you a sniper?
Mr H

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks H. Now I have a question for you.
Were you a sniper?
Lol... Would've been nice. Why do you ask?
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Would've been nice. Why do you ask?
Funny you should ask. I was watching the History channel yesterday and it just so happen that it was about snipers. For some reason your name came to mind. Well, like I said, I was watching TV in the living room and my girlfriend was in the dining room reading a book. This ex-marine was about to shoot a Viet cong sniper when all of a sudden I yelled out," orale H kill that mofo"!! Lmao dude. My girlfriend asked what Did you say?
Mr H

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should ask. I was watching the History channel yesterday and it just so happen that it was about snipers. For some reason your name came to mind. Well, like I said, I was watching TV in the living room and my girlfriend was in the dining room reading a book. This ex-marine was about to shoot a Viet cong sniper when all of a sudden I yelled out," orale H kill that mofo"!! Lmao dude. My girlfriend asked what Did you say?
Funny story.... I do my shooting on the PS3 now.
Mr X

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny story.... I do my shooting on the PS3 now.
Lol! My game consists of a small paddle with a small rubber ball attached to it.
Mr H

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>Lol! My game consists of a small paddle with a small rubber ball attached to it.
Sounds fun and entertaining for about..........ok I had enough. Now lets take it apart to see how it's made....lol.
Mr H

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you should ask. I was watching the History channel yesterday and it just so happen that it was about snipers. For some reason your name came to mind. Well, like I said, I was watching TV in the living room and my girlfriend was in the dining room reading a book. This ex-marine was about to shoot a Viet cong sniper when all of a sudden I yelled out," orale H kill that mofo"!! Lmao dude. My girlfriend asked what Did you say?
I had the opportunity to go to sniper school, instead I went to Sapper school, cold and hot weather leadership course, and professional leadership development course (PLDC), which is now called, warrior leadership course (WLC). Of course there was small classes like CLS-Combat Lifesaver course, HAZMAT, combatives instructor training, which is known as MMA or BJJ, and much much more.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the opportunity to go to sniper school, instead I went to Sapper school, cold and hot weather leadership course, and professional leadership development course (PLDC), which is now called, warrior leadership course (WLC). Of course there was small classes like CLS-Combat Lifesaver course, HAZMAT, combatives instructor training, which is known as MMA or BJJ, and much much more.
The reason I asked if you were a sniper was because I read one of your posts where you mentioned you were good with your rifle. Or something like that. Someone also mentioned you suffer from PTSD? I'd say that's pretty serious. What kind of HAZMAT did you handle?
Mr H

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I asked if you were a sniper was because I read one of your posts where you mentioned you were good with your rifle. Or something like that. Someone also mentioned you suffer from PTSD? I'd say that's pretty serious. What kind of HAZMAT did you handle?
Everything except nuclear and biological. I would inspect tricons and connex's before they were shipped into theater.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything except nuclear and biological. I would inspect tricons and connex's before they were shipped into theater.
Not sure if it was good for you not to handle nuclear or biological warfare. What are tricons and connexs? They sound like condom names. LOL! Nah, just kidding. Really, what are they? And what do you mean by "before they were shipped into theater"? Talk to me "H". This sounds interesting.
Mr X

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Mr H wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds fun and entertaining for about..........ok I had enough. Now lets take it apart to see how it's made....lol.
OH COME ON "H"! Don't tell me you've never seen one of these gadgets, or toy. lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Hebbronville Forum right now

Search the Hebbronville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 21 min What I say xoxo 17,051
Denise Alaniz 2 hr Mr H 17
New superintendent 2 hr Mr H 74
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 3 hr nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 3 hr nina roth 597
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 hr nina roth 21,438
Gringo neighbor looks like Phil Jackson 6 hr Don 54
•••
•••
•••
Hebbronville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hebbronville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••