Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 17, 2013
Seriously...Long horns

Euless, TX

#1 Oct 15, 2012
Start a petition in Hebbronville, make history and recall this so called Coach..... Awesome Job Mr Lopez .... You sure know how to pick 'me
Former Longhorn 1969-1973

Alice, TX

#2 Dec 14, 2012
[QUOTE who="Seriously...Longhorn s"]Start a petition in Hebbronville, make history and recall this so called Coach..... Awesome Job Mr Lopez .... You sure know how to pick 'me [/QUOTE]

Is Coach Davis all of the problem or is he part of the problem? Do you honestly think that he coaches to lose? I think the situation calls for a town hall meeting,,where you can hear everybody's opinion including former players and coaches. This problem started during Coach Gomez's final three years,,,the teams that he had at the end were struggling especially on defense,,,we always had an offense but we could not stop any team. But was Coach Gomez allowed to hire the personnel that he needed or hired what budget dictated? IF Coach Davis had to hire coaches that had already retired,,was this his decision or Mr. Lopez's(real athletic director). Maybe Coach Davis is not the answer to this problem, but there has to be real dialogue between all concerned parties without people getting angry and negative. Good luck to the Longhorn Nation,,,pride has to be brought back into the picture and this includes the football players,,,just because you put on a football uniform does not make you superman,,,,you have to train all year round),,like the kids do in Refugio and other teams that have beat up on us. I understand that we have football players joining the team as juniors/seniors,,,they did not train since the 7th grade year,,,,how can they contribute,,or compete against teams that have more experience.
Allow the coach do set up his program and give him quality assistants to work with or if that is not the problem,,,give them what they need to be successful.....Again, Good luck to the Longhorn Nation,,,,
Local Sports

Pharr, TX

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Former Longhorn 1969-1973 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Coach Davis all of the problem or is he part of the problem? Do you honestly think that he coaches to lose? I think the situation calls for a town hall meeting,,where you can hear everybody's opinion including former players and coaches. This problem started during Coach Gomez's final three years,,,the teams that he had at the end were struggling especially on defense,,,we always had an offense but we could not stop any team. But was Coach Gomez allowed to hire the personnel that he needed or hired what budget dictated? IF Coach Davis had to hire coaches that had already retired,,was this his decision or Mr. Lopez's(real athletic director). Maybe Coach Davis is not the answer to this problem, but there has to be real dialogue between all concerned parties without people getting angry and negative. Good luck to the Longhorn Nation,,,pride has to be brought back into the picture and this includes the football players,,,just because you put on a football uniform does not make you superman,,,,you have to train all year round),,like the kids do in Refugio and other teams that have beat up on us. I understand that we have football players joining the team as juniors/seniors,,,they did not train since the 7th grade year,,,,how can they contribute,,or compete against teams that have more experience.
Allow the coach do set up his program and give him quality assistants to work with or if that is not the problem,,,give them what they need to be successful.....Again, Good luck to the Longhorn Nation,,,,
YES SIR!!!!! Very well said. Ahhhh, you're probably thirsty. Do you need a drink of water or something? Dude, you hit it right on the nails head. You mentioned Refugio, that always has a winning season. Not to mention however many State Championships. And do you know why? Sure you do. You said it in your own statement.

"I understand that we have football players joining the team as juniors/seniors,,,they did not train since the 7th grade year,,,,how can they contribute,,or compete against teams that have more experience".

That's right!! NO EXPERIENCE!! Hopeingly, the younger generation can step up to the plate and win some games for the town and turn this ugly losing trend to a winning trend. And to make matters even better, I would like to see the Horns beat the ever living sh!t out of,(you guessed it) REFUGIO!!!! What goes around, comes around.
real talk

Hebbronville, TX

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Lopez is the root of the problem. He needs to go. I hear that he thinks what Mimi Flores did, is "Not a big deal".
Urculo

Victoria, TX

#5 Feb 9, 2013
The petition should be to get Lopez out. He's Been the problem for a very long time.
Angel

Victoria, TX

#6 Feb 9, 2013
He's staying 2 more years. JHCISD is gonna go down like Premont did. First of all my opinion is super Lopez needs to get replaced. Next are the coaches for some sports. Last are the teachers that don't teach. They need to do housekeeping pretty bad and fast. If not the STAARS test is gonna kicked their a*+.
Posse

Victoria, TX

#7 Feb 10, 2013
That's what happens when four members of the school board are scratching backs and not representing the voice of the community.
Amen

United States

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Yea That shit happens everywhere they dont Think about The children.
Next

Victoria, TX

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Pabetoveralaniz. One word for four people who choose favors over student progression.
Honey Bun

Bellevue, WA

#10 Feb 17, 2013
Ok play Bruni they play teams that r not in our district ,I saw that u all have bigger players then we do n couldnt win a game ,u need to do something about it b4 da next season begins cant u play scrimmage with us I want to c this happen i dont play.,female nor have kids playing did a couple of yrs back , r dont b surprise your kids will end up in Bruni playing in a BADGER uniform , YEAH!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebbronville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 13 min why 531
Botc 8 hr Bourban Man 11
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 11 hr That Fart Guy 22,339
Valerie 15 hr Bruno 10
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 hr That Fart Guy 17,911
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 20 hr That Fart Guy 337
Superintendent Sun Person 15
•••
•••
•••

Hebbronville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hebbronville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••