hebbron was the sh!t in the 90s

Posted in the Hebbronville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
90sss

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2010
the 90s was the sh!t even school was better you could wear what ever you wanted and be yourself now it sucks
str8 uP gangsta

San Antonio, TX

#2 Sep 12, 2010
Agreed.

This town has quickly gone to hell in a hand cart.

Everyone doing drugs, every little girl getting pregnant, corruption up the @ss...it's just gotten sad.

I loved Hebbronville in the early 90's too...what happened?
Don Alberto Einstein

Brownsville, TX

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Do you guys actually believe that the 90's were the ONLY bad years in Hebbron? Hell no! Hebbron has been a hell hole for years. As far as i can remember, drugs, pregnancy, and corruption have ALL been a popular combination for quite sometime. About the only thing i agree on is, we could wear whatever we wanted to, to school. Oh, wait a minute not true. Not unless you attended the convent school,(better known as "The Little Flower School".) Boys had to wear a blue and white plaided shirt with kahki pants and the girls with a similar shirt but with dresses and also wear black and white shoes. In case you all don't know what the convent school was, it's the old building that's about 2-3 blocks just north of the church. So, really and truly, if you stop and think about it, NOTHING'S CHANGED.
90sss

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2010
i went to school in the 90s and we wore whatever we wanted and I'm from the class of 97'. maybe after that they got a dress code. so it wasn't the same.
Don Alberto Einstein

Brownsville, TX

#5 Sep 13, 2010
90sss wrote:
i went to school in the 90s and we wore whatever we wanted and I'm from the class of 97'. maybe after that they got a dress code. so it wasn't the same.
Whoa, wait a minute here "90sss". Let me see if i follow you. Are you telling me, that you could wear whatever you wanted to wear, up until the year you graduated? Which was what?'97? I don't understand. Why are you worried about what happened or is happening AFTER '97? You're talking what, 13 years, maybe? Have you been complaining about this issue for the past 13 years or are you just now getting started? I'm sorry dude, but i just can't understand why you're complaining. Not unless you're having to pay for your kids uniforms or something. Tell me a little more.
90sss

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Sep 13, 2010
i have 4 kids and i have to buy uniforms and clothes for after school.
Don Alberto Einstein

Brownsville, TX

#7 Sep 14, 2010
90sss wrote:
i have 4 kids and i have to buy uniforms and clothes for after school.
OK, this all makes a hell of alot of sense now. What's with the dress code? Isn't it enough that we,(as the parent) have to buy regular clothes for our kids on a regular basis, let alone some uniform just to keep the school district happy? I wouldn't mind the dress code, so as long as the school district picks up the tab. Like they would anyway. Yea, i've also heard about the dress codes being enforced just to keep kids from distracting other kids from the way they dress. You know, the backwards cap, loose baggy pants, etc. But what the hell, if some of these kids that dress up with baggy pants and what not, they're still going to wear whatever they feel like wearing. So, in my opinion, LET THEM WEAR WHATEVER THEY FEEL LIKE WEARING!! My other question is, why just the kids wearing uniforms? Why not the Principal, The Teachers, The Custodians, The Librarians, The Cafetria Staff, The Bus Drivers? Hey! afterall, it's the adminstration that should set the example, not the kids.
Baba

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Oct 7, 2010
The main concern should be the childrens education, not the dress code! The principle wouldn't allow my daughter to go to class until I brought her a different pr of jeans. She could have been learning instead of sitting in the office doing nothing! This school is screwed up. Another thing that bothers me is the coaches! They need to get off their fat asses and join the kiddos! Instead they sit there and dish out orders while stuffing their faces!
Don Alberto Einstein

Brownsville, TX

#9 Oct 8, 2010
Baba wrote:
The main concern should be the childrens education, not the dress code! The principle wouldn't allow my daughter to go to class until I brought her a different pr of jeans. She could have been learning instead of sitting in the office doing nothing! This school is screwed up. Another thing that bothers me is the coaches! They need to get off their fat asses and join the kiddos! Instead they sit there and dish out orders while stuffing their faces!
I couldn't agree with you more. Very well said, young lad.
Parent

United States

#10 Oct 19, 2010
Education is my main concern and it should be everyone elses also. If it means having a dress code well we must follow it cuz once u enter the work world there is dress code. Thats just the way it is
90sss

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2010
Parent wrote:
Education is my main concern and it should be everyone elses also. If it means having a dress code well we must follow it cuz once u enter the work world there is dress code. Thats just the way it is
Parent shut ur mouth this kids are in school not at work.
Parent

Pflugerville, TX

#12 Nov 30, 2010
There will always be rules to follow for the rest of ur life, whether it be school, college, or the work place. So our children must learn to follow rules now!
90sss

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 28, 2012
Hello
Hoo-Hah

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Apr 29, 2012
Hebbronville used to be a great place but it's GHETTO now. Too many of the dumb sh!ts that never left made too many dumb children and so on and so on.. Now look at what our wonderful town has become. Now we have a Sheriff's Dept. that commits more crimes than it prevents, a school board that is more Special Ed than the students attending the school, and dumb people hooking up with ugly people, therefore, inbreeding the worst type of offspring possible. Once good ol' Hebbronville begins to flush its giant toilet a few times, maybe then, will we get some pride back in our town. Plus: Hebbronville was great in the 80s and early 90s. The mid to late 90s marked the "ghettoization" of Hebbronville. Just ask any loser that lives there now when they graduate (if they did). They'll most likely tell you it was between the classes of 96 - 2000.

Hey, if you don't like it, it's probably because it's true.
its bonkers

Mcallen, TX

#16 May 1, 2012
so true my friend
just want to know

Laredo, TX

#17 May 4, 2012
Don Alberto Einstein wrote:
<quoted text>OK, this all makes a hell of alot of sense now. What's with the dress code? Isn't it enough that we,(as the parent) have to buy regular clothes for our kids on a regular basis, let alone some uniform just to keep the school district happy? I wouldn't mind the dress code, so as long as the school district picks up the tab. Like they would anyway. Yea, i've also heard about the dress codes being enforced just to keep kids from distracting other kids from the way they dress. You know, the backwards cap, loose baggy pants, etc. But what the hell, if some of these kids that dress up with baggy pants and what not, they're still going to wear whatever they feel like wearing. So, in my opinion, LET THEM WEAR WHATEVER THEY FEEL LIKE WEARING!! My other question is, why just the kids wearing uniforms? Why not the Principal, The Teachers, The Custodians, The Librarians, The Cafetria Staff, The Bus Drivers? Hey! afterall, it's the adminstration that should set the example, not the kids.
Yes exactly why not everyone the other thing would be mandatory drug testing for EVERYONE. I am sure that we would lack personal n kids as well but It's a start to getting Hebbronville clean in some manner.
Mr H

United States

#18 May 5, 2012
I'm not from this town and it's really not that bad. Besides, we need dumb ugly people; otherwise the smart and good looking would be plain and normal. I know we have all these issues plaguing our community like drugs or kids having kids but since it's a small town it's easier to spot unlike San Antonio or Dallas. To get back on topic, even adults can't wear what ever we want. If we did then we probably be wearing Borat's green slingshot swimwear without getting harassed. Yes wearing uniforms suck, but not all jobs require them. Just the ones that require a GED, HS Diploma or dropouts, like churches or whataburger. I know I'm not raising a child that will settle for that type of job. We Chicanos need to start helping our race become stronger and more successful, not keeping each other down with hate and jealousy. That's what "The MAN" wants.
Corlos spicey weiner

Clyde, TX

#19 May 14, 2012
Well it never changes just a bunch of cry babys buck up bart and yes my weiner is spicy ask ur mom aunt and so fourth just a bunch of hoes ejeheheheheheheheheheh
concerned parent

Sinton, TX

#20 May 14, 2012
Corlos spicey weiner wrote:
Well it never changes just a bunch of cry babys buck up bart and yes my weiner is spicy ask ur mom aunt and so fourth just a bunch of hoes ejeheheheheheheheheheh
a bowling alley, theater, and/or arcade place would be great!
Ninetys

Hebbronville, TX

#21 May 15, 2012
I can imagine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebbronville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ponce Crystal 1 hr Lmso 16
Card Reader 1 hr True 15
snapfilters cleotilde 2 hr chris 2
Are there any nice single women in this town 25... 2 hr Samsung 3
Denny Destinee Salinas 5 hr Hhgggjvgcfgcgcxfgs 3
train and pickup accident 9-29-06 (Feb '07) Sat Spelling bee 4
looking? Aug 15 lmao 10

Hebbronville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance