Drug Testing Welfare Recipients
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I work hard for my money

Mission, TX

#21 Jan 11, 2013
Hard working wrote:
Teachers work hard while lazy welfare mothers go home to go back to sleep after leaving kids at school. They should get jobs and quit living off hard working people's money.
Exactly!! We pay for them to live off of OUR hard earned money. In the meanwhile we have to scrimp and scrounge for our generic food while they have all namebrand carts full. Pisses me off lookin at their walmart reciepts with $1000 in stamps and sometimes up to $700 in cash! what the hell! must be nice!
lisa

Corpus Christi, TX

#22 Jan 11, 2013
Maybe we should home school then so you don't work so hard.
WHAT

Mission, TX

#23 Jan 11, 2013
lisa wrote:
Maybe we should home school then so you don't work so hard.
Oh really? What do you do at home right now?
answer

Lockhart, TX

#25 Jan 14, 2013
Get Obama out of office and things will change for the better.
Democrat voter

Mission, TX

#26 Jan 14, 2013
answer wrote:
Get Obama out of office and things will change for the better.
BS!!!! Explain why.
answer

Lockhart, TX

#27 Jan 14, 2013
Because he raises the taxes for the people who work to support the lazy a$$ people who don't. Hebbronville is a prime example. Look at the unmarried people popping babies out and not working. Just look at Facebook where they brag about it. But they buy beer, cigarettes and drive fancy cars. They get manis and carry designer purses. I'm all for a hand up for those in need, but tired of supporting lazy people.
Tired also

Mission, TX

#29 Jan 15, 2013
answer wrote:
Because he raises the taxes for the people who work to support the lazy a$$ people who don't. Hebbronville is a prime example. Look at the unmarried people popping babies out and not working. Just look at Facebook where they brag about it. But they buy beer, cigarettes and drive fancy cars. They get manis and carry designer purses. I'm all for a hand up for those in need, but tired of supporting lazy people.
OKaaay, sounds fair enough. I believe in helping people also. Now the government has a good idea with welfare, but I believe some people are misusing the idea of it so they don't have to work. If somebody is applying for benefits they don't deserve, then we have a responsibility, from a governmental perspective and a societal perspective, to take those benefits away and use the dollars in a better form to help other folks in need.
Mr X

Mission, TX

#31 May 21, 2013
OK people, time to clean up your act. Saw the news this morning and The Texas Senate unanimously passes a bill that would require welfare recipients to be drug tested, but the bill also gives those who test positive, access to drug treatment. I'M ALL FOR IT!! But hey! I think it's only fair. If my employer can issue me a drug test at any time without probable cause, so should the welfare recipients. And if the "rich and haughty sniff their cocaine behind mansion doors", they are doing it on their own time, & not mine, which means it's none of my business. But if I'm having to pay for your illegal habit with my tax dollars that you haven't earned, that makes YOUR drug problem my business. I say test them all.
Amen

United States

#34 May 21, 2013
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>disability is already your earnings that you have put into from years of work, dummy. The rest I do agree with you. Some people are so freaking lazy they would rather live off the government. Those are the ones that have a brand new car and house.
no, its not.
Me too

United States

#35 May 21, 2013
I agree on the drug testing as well, but there's people that are hard workers, and have kept a job for years, and receive benefits as well. Would you consider them a bad example of taking your hard earned money as well?
Some jobs around here only pay minimum wage and with inflation and the cost of living going up, they are not able to make ends meet. Maybe it's time for a minimum pay increase as well to help use less government assistance. JS
lol

United States

#36 May 22, 2013
.LOL
Mr X

Mission, TX

#37 May 22, 2013
Me too wrote:
I agree on the drug testing as well, but there's people that are hard workers, and have kept a job for years, and receive benefits as well. Would you consider them a bad example of taking your hard earned money as well?
Some jobs around here only pay minimum wage and with inflation and the cost of living going up, they are not able to make ends meet. Maybe it's time for a minimum pay increase as well to help use less government assistance. JS
Of course not! People that are hard workers are contributors to society. People who DON'T contribute to society are the same people that you and I and the rest of Hebbronville are supporting. To me , that's BS!! I don't mind people getting aid from the government, so as long as the money they receive gets used properly. What's the minimum wage nowadays?
Me too

Hebbronville, TX

#39 May 22, 2013
Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not! People that are hard workers are contributors to society. People who DON'T contribute to society are the same people that you and I and the rest of Hebbronville are supporting. To me , that's BS!! I don't mind people getting aid from the government, so as long as the money they receive gets used properly. What's the minimum wage nowadays?
I believe it's 7.25 @ the present time, but as per Obama, "In his 2013 State of the Union address, President Barack Obama called on Congress to raise the Federal Minimum Wage to $9.00 per hour. If this new law is passed, all Texas employees will be entitled to earn the new national Minimum Wage of $9.00 per hour". No telling when this will happen, or if it ever will, but it would definitely help.
Me too

Hebbronville, TX

#40 May 22, 2013
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>disability is already your earnings that you have put into from years of work, dummy. The rest I do agree with you. Some people are so freaking lazy they would rather live off the government. Those are the ones that have a brand new car and house.
Not really! Some people are born with disabilities and receive a disability check on a monthly basis ever since, or from the time they were diagnosed with a disability. Do you think they've earned it while working? I didn't think so!
I'm sorry, but I just didn't think it was proper for you to call someone "dummy", when you didn't have your facts either.
Next time think before you speak, or better yet, get the facts before you speak.
Mr X

Mission, TX

#41 May 22, 2013
Me too wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's 7.25 @ the present time, but as per Obama, "In his 2013 State of the Union address, President Barack Obama called on Congress to raise the Federal Minimum Wage to $9.00 per hour. If this new law is passed, all Texas employees will be entitled to earn the new national Minimum Wage of $9.00 per hour". No telling when this will happen, or if it ever will, but it would definitely help.
Have faith. Something good will turn up for you and your family. You'll see.
Me too

Hebbronville, TX

#42 May 22, 2013
Mr X wrote:
<quoted text>
Have faith. Something good will turn up for you and your family. You'll see.
Not necessarily for me, but for the ones in need.
Thank you for being considerate. I greatly appreciate it.
I'll keep the faith and hope and pray for the best outcome for everyone in need.
As for the ones that just don't want to work, I hope someday you'll open your eyes and realize that you might not have SS/retirement benefits when you get to that age. Just something to think about.
Mr X

Mission, TX

#43 May 23, 2013
Me too wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily for me, but for the ones in need.
Thank you for being considerate. I greatly appreciate it.
I'll keep the faith and hope and pray for the best outcome for everyone in need.
I hope someday you'll open your eyes and realize that you might not have SS/retirement benefits when you get to that age. Just something to think about.
Ooooops! I'm sorry I thought you were talking about yourself. As for the ones that just don't want to work, well, if they never, ever worked in their life, that means no social security. Not unless they're disabled, then, they may get disability checks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebbronville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Board 2 hr wow 24
AnaLoca 10 hr creepers 12
amanda carp Wed El Perro 10
Where is that jenelle a. From housing Tue Partying 1
Black lives matter Mon Cowboy 13
J.Gon Jul 24 Lol 8
Is geico good (Apr '14) Jul 21 until they cancel... 10

Hebbronville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance