Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated May 23, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DAE

Pharr, TX

#1 Sep 24, 2012
Do you think it's fair to Drug Test Welfare Recipients? What do you all think?
damn right

El Monte, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2012
I think it's more than fair to drug test people wanting to get on welfare. And for the people complaining about it, you're just one of the many taking advantage of the system. If you can afford drugs, you can afford to fed your own damn kids and not depend on hard working people for that. Also, lose the F@ckin i phone and coach bags! You're not fooling anyone!
Gimme paw

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Sep 24, 2012
A message from my pay stub:

Drug tests are a good idea. But I have a better one. How about spaying and neutering welfare recipients instead? Make it a law and requirement for welfare moms to tie their tubes and welfare, deadbeat, sperm donor dads to get a vasectomy!

I've got two words for people that wat to make a shit load of babies, party, and not do shit with their lives: "Woof, Woof"

I say that because I believe my dog has more liberties than people like "you now who."
Gimme paw

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Sep 24, 2012
And don't forget the IQ test!

How is it that someone too stupid to spell and count isn't too stupid to f#&k??
upndwn

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2012
I'm a recipient but don't plan to live off of it forever! I myself wouldn't turn dwn a drug test because I'm not a dead beat mother but I do need the TEMPORARY help. I do believe a lot of birth mothers in this twn wouldnt like the idea but again the ones who suffer will be the innocent child/children ... they dnt choose who brings them into this world!!!
Agree

Victoria, TX

#6 Sep 24, 2012
I totally agree with the drug testing. Don't get me wrong tho but some people actually do need the assistance. All im saying is if you can go buy drugs then you can get your a$$ to work. Stop being lazy and taking advantage of the people who actually bust there butts to make a living.
DAE

Pharr, TX

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Good one "Gimme Paw". But that's a little too cruel for me. Spaying and/or neutering welfare recipients. LMAO!! It is not uncommon for individuals employed in the private sector to be tested for drug use when applying for a job. For business owners, this practice holds employees accountable for their actions, and if they do not pass the drug test, there is a very simple consequence: no job.

Similarly, drug test those who are on welfare and if drug use is found, the consequence should be the same: no further taxpayer assistance.

Taxpayers deserve to know that their hard-earned dollars are wisely used and not funding a drug user's next hit.
OK, this is just one side of the story. How about if we drug test people who receive our tax dollars for their "paycheck", shouldn't that include ALL of the people that are paid with our tax dollars? Including our city, county, state and even our federal officials? Let's not just single out one group and leave out the rest. Every one of my tax dollars are important. They are all earned with the same sweat and loss of time with my children, among other things. Think about it people.
123456789ten

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Sep 25, 2012
If they come out positive, they should have to pay back.
DAE

Pharr, TX

#9 Sep 26, 2012
upndwn wrote:
I'm a recipient but don't plan to live off of it forever! I myself wouldn't turn dwn a drug test because I'm not a dead beat mother but I do need the TEMPORARY help. I do believe a lot of birth mothers in this twn wouldnt like the idea but again the ones who suffer will be the innocent child/children ... they dnt choose who brings them into this world!!!
Good for you and I agree with you 100%. But why do you suppose alot of mothers wouldn't like the idea of drug testing? And i'm not saying that they're drug addicts or alcoholics. I just want to make that clear. But who knows, maybe some of them don't want their rights violated. YEA RIGHT! As far as the kids suffering, damn right they suffer. I've known of mothers who sold their food stamps for drug money. Que bonito.
dean hicken

Charlottetown, Canada

#10 Dec 2, 2012
few drugs ftb whaaaaa
Parent

Victoria, TX

#11 Dec 6, 2012
I think it is fair. Their living off of taxes we pay!
us citizen

Hebbronville, TX

#12 Dec 23, 2012
They really should consider drug testing
snnsshsj

United States

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Nx xn
home providers

Corpus Christi, TX

#14 Dec 23, 2012
Should be drug tested too and teacher, everyone for that matter.
citizen

Hebbronville, TX

#15 Dec 23, 2012
Yes please test the teachers!
if u see kay

Corpus Christi, TX

#16 Dec 23, 2012
Anyone that is employed, even if its a government job should be tested. Anyone that recieves any kind of government check, food stamps, medicaid, medicare, disabilaty etc.. should be tested.
Why

Pharr, TX

#17 Jan 9, 2013
citizen wrote:
Yes please test the teachers!
..........is it that teachers don't get drug tested? What if a teacher that does drugs, shows up to school in the morning and goes on a rampage with our kids? It can happen.
Hard working

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Teachers work hard while lazy welfare mothers go home to go back to sleep after leaving kids at school. They should get jobs and quit living off hard working people's money.
Angel

Rockport, TX

#19 Jan 10, 2013
if u see kay wrote:
Anyone that is employed, even if its a government job should be tested. Anyone that recieves any kind of government check, food stamps, medicaid, medicare, disabilaty etc.. should be tested.
disability is already your earnings that you have put into from years of work, dummy. The rest I do agree with you. Some people are so freaking lazy they would rather live off the government. Those are the ones that have a brand new car and house.
ADD

Corpus Christi, TX

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Hey dummy some people get disability just for kids on medicines to behave. They did'nt work!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebbronville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 10 min Bob Bakian 544
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 17,915
Is it true!! 1 hr Ubertino 8
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 3 hr Gasman 338
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 771
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 723
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 4 hr Gasman 22,342
•••
•••
•••

Hebbronville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••