First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert Puig

Yuma, AZ

#1 Oct 14, 2008
Good Photo of James Richard Hebbron. His son, William Lewis, married my first cousin twice removed, Amanda Teresa Puig.

James Hebbron purchased land in Texas. How many acres of land did his ranch in Hebbronville have?

Robert
Chris Hebbron

London, UK

#2 Feb 16, 2009
Robert Puig wrote:
Good Photo of James Richard Hebbron. His son, William Lewis, married my first cousin twice removed, Amanda Teresa Puig.
James Hebbron purchased land in Texas. How many acres of land did his ranch in Hebbronville have?
Robert
Here is some information I've been able to glean about the holdings.

"Around 1880, the heirs of Ignacio Benevidez sold their share of Las Noriacitas Ranch to J R Hebbron.
With two others, he bought 18,000 acres of land in Duval County, just above Pena. One of his sons, Arthur Hebbron came down and took charge of running his ranch."
hbic

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Jul 7, 2009
over here in old hebbronville on one of the signs it says ( hebronville) with one B????? maybe thats how it spell?? i dont know check it out
hbic

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Jul 7, 2009
so where is nuea neva?? it think thats how u spell it? new water?
armywife

Waco, TX

#5 Jul 13, 2009
its spelled agua nueva and i am not sure where that is at anymore have not been there since i was a little girl. out of curiosity what does first cousin twice removed mean? i have never understood that. i mean is it like your second cousin's spouse?
Chris Hebbron

Dalton, UK

#6 Jul 31, 2009
hbic wrote:
over here in old hebbronville on one of the signs it says ( hebronville) with one B????? maybe thats how it spell?? i dont know check it out
No, it's definitely spelt Hebbronville - can't check as I live in the UK, but will report it to the mayor's office if you tell me exactly where this sign is situated.
Chris Hebbron

Dalton, UK

#7 Jul 31, 2009
armywife wrote:
its spelled agua nueva and i am not sure where that is at anymore have not been there since i was a little girl. out of curiosity what does first cousin twice removed mean? i have never understood that. i mean is it like your second cousin's spouse?
"Twice Removed" means separated by two generations. This would happen if one family married later and also had children later in life as well, compared with another, related, family.
mdadams86

Sacramento, CA

#8 Oct 6, 2009
James R. Hebbron is my great, great, great grandfather. I am collecting information at this time on the Hebbron family to build the my family tree. My great grandmother is Eleanor Hebbron. Can you provide more information the Hebbron family? Thanks!
Chris Hebbron wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some information I've been able to glean about the holdings.
"Around 1880, the heirs of Ignacio Benevidez sold their share of Las Noriacitas Ranch to J R Hebbron.
With two others, he bought 18,000 acres of land in Duval County, just above Pena. One of his sons, Arthur Hebbron came down and took charge of running his ranch."
mdadams86

Sacramento, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2009
He is my great, great, great grandfather. I am collecting information on the Hebbron family. If you have more information, please let me know. Thanks! Michelle
Chris Hebbron

London, UK

#10 Oct 6, 2009
mdadams86 wrote:
He is my great, great, great grandfather. I am collecting information on the Hebbron family. If you have more information, please let me know. Thanks! Michelle
I can help, Michelle - suggest you email me on chrishebbron@yahoo.co.uk and we'll take it from there.
Abcd

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jan 13, 2010
Isn't agua nueva on 1017?
Juan Venada

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Apr 16, 2010
Hebbronville was first known as Pena's Station.
Tx DOT

Brownsville, TX

#14 Apr 17, 2010
Abcd wrote:
Isn't agua nueva on 1017?
Yes it is. It's approximately 35-40 miles south of Hebbronville on 1017. It's a very old community.
Historian

Brownsville, TX

#15 Apr 17, 2010
Ah!, the wonderful stories shared by many. History in a Pecan Shell.

The county was named after James Stephen Hogg, the Governor of Texas. Like Jim Wells County, the familiar Jim in lieu of James reflects the less formal attitude of Texas south of San Antonio. Be thankful it's not Jimmy Hogg.

The town dates from 1883 when the Texas Mexican Railroad built through the area. Francisco Pena was the stationmaster at the railroad stop he modestly named Pena. He refused to sell a right-of-way to the railroad, so they loaded the station onto a flatcar and moved it to land owned by rancher James Hebbron. Hebbronville became the county seat with a unanimous vote of 176. Mr. Pena's reaction was not mentioned in our source.

A hotel built by Viggo Kohler opened in 1915 when the town's population was 400. The hotel stands today but is now in use for county offices and the EMS. During the 20s and 30s - the anti-Catholic Mexican government caused a Franciscan Seminary to relocate to Hebbronville. It remains the most impressive edifice in Hebbronville, including the courthouse. It is still owned by the Archdiocese of Guadalajara, Mexico.
A Decendant

United States

#16 Jun 9, 2010
Agua Nueva is 30 miles south of Hebbronville on FM1017. The old community still has a few houses.
Some of the land is still owned by the great, great, great (?) grandson of the original Spanish land grantee.
WTF

Dilley, TX

#17 Dec 29, 2010
Good info to read on topix, not trash like other posts
sombras

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 Aug 27, 2011
Agua Nueva is about 39 miles south of Hebbronville on 1017
HUH

Corpus Christi, TX

#20 Aug 27, 2011
Chris Hebbron wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's definitely spelt Hebbronville - can't check as I live in the UK, but will report it to the mayor's office if you tell me exactly where this sign is situated.
Now a days it called incest, just look around town of what twice removed really is.
Ginger51

Tucson, AZ

#21 Jul 11, 2013
Robert Puig wrote:
Robert
Your cousin Amanda Teresa Puig was my great grandmother.
Ginger51

Tucson, AZ

#22 Jul 11, 2013
Chris Hebbron wrote:
<quoted text>
I can help, Michelle - suggest you email me on chrishebbron@yahoo.co.uk and we'll take it from there.
first time getting on this forum, nice to know you Chris. Seems like we are one big family. As, James Richard Hebbron was my great, great grandfather. And Eleanor A. Hebbron was my grandmother. And a big hello to you Michelle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hebbronville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Fossilfarts 708
Homecoming queen Wed commontoes 4
1 Blessing From God Wed commontoes 47
Superintendent Wed Safe Deposit Box 177
joanna marie cantu Wed FNB 8
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Gasman 543
Fun in Hebron $ Oct 27 Fun 11111 1
Hebbronville Dating
Find my Match

Hebbronville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hebbronville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hebbronville