First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TFALLEN

Quitman, AR

#1 Apr 9, 2009
Discuss...:)
Retired Lawdawg

Poteau, OK

#2 Apr 10, 2009
YES
TFALLEN

Quitman, AR

#3 Apr 10, 2009
Retired Lawdawg wrote:
YES
How do you know?
Retired Lawdawg

Poteau, OK

#4 Apr 11, 2009
There are many reasons. The complexity of our planet, the universe and every living creature, points to a deliberate design. But anyone wanting to deny that God exists will continue to make excuses why God doesn't exist.
TFALLEN

United States

#5 Apr 11, 2009
Retired Lawdawg wrote:
There are many reasons. The complexity of our planet, the universe and every living creature, points to a deliberate design. But anyone wanting to deny that God exists will continue to make excuses why God doesn't exist.
Anyone wanting to prove God exists will continue to make excuses why he does exist.

I understand that according to science, something had to create the Universe. Something can't come from nothing. The Universe is something. Why do people assume that the something that created us is a loving God. He, she, or even it could be an asshole.

Saying Praise Jesus is no different than saying praise Anya Queen of the Faires. One fairy tale is as good as another.

Christianity is just a rehashing of different pagan beliefs anyway. Some Christians won't celebrate Halloween because it's roots are based in pagan beliefs, yet they will celebrate Christmas and Easter (which are flooded with paganism.

The day Easter falls on is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. It is a day to honor the fertility gods. They are honored with the symbolism of eggs and rabbits (very fertile reproducers).

Christmas falls 3 days after the winter equinox when we can plainly see the days are not getting shorter, but getting longer. Santa is based on many pagan ideas, Thor being one of them. Other pagan traditions include putting up a Christmas tree, singing Yule tide carols (Yule is a holiday currently celebrated by Wicca, which is often condemned and judged by supposed Christians), kissing under the mistletoe, tying Christmas packages with ribbon, wreaths on the door, etc.

Jesus is even a pagan idea. 1000 years before Jesus was a son of a sun god named Horus was born 3 days after the winter equinox in Egypt. He was born of a virgin, he performed miracles, healed the sick, exorcised demons, was baptized by a man known as the Baptist who was later beheaded, he had 12 deciples, he was known as the Lamb, the Way, and the Light of the World.

I suppose that's enough to get the ball rolling.:)
Retired Lawdawg

Poteau, OK

#6 Apr 12, 2009
TF Allen I rest my case. What I said earlier!!
TFALLEN

Perryville, AR

#7 Apr 12, 2009
What case?
TFALLEN

Perryville, AR

#8 Apr 12, 2009
Just to make things clear, a case is a statement of facts to support an argument.

Your argument was that there is a God. You stated no facts so you gave no case.
Salt n light

United States

#9 Jan 13, 2013
God sent Jesus as a blood sacrifice to save the Lost Jews (not the ask amaze Jews that begat the pagan mysteries you refer to) as well as the Gentiles who call on his name(including you TF! The same God who created you! The same God who would sanctify you if you called on his name! The same God that parted the Red Sea for Moses! The same God who caused a flood in order to eliminAte the corrupt people which were the result of the cross of the sons of gods who mated with the daughters off men and became corrupt to the point that God regretted creating them! Yes I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
And I know your rebuttal TF! You will disregard the bible and say people who believe it are ignorant! Well....you are lost!
Salt n light

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Askanazie Jews not ask amaze...if you aren't familiar with them read the timeline of the Rothschild family...and the bible..
bubba

Talihina, OK

#11 Apr 5, 2013
Disciple

Tulsa, OK

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Is the Tooth Fairy real? Discuss...

Hundreds of kids say "no! their parent left a coin under their pillow and took their tooth." but I know the tooth fairy is real because I asked my parents and they said they didn't take my tooth and leave a coin, the Tooth Fairy did it! You will never convince me there is no tooth fairy! My parents would never lie to me. I believe everything they tell me, so it is true! If you don't believe the Tooth Fairy is real then you are calling my parents liars and they can't be liars because the tooth Fairy is real. They better start believing the Tooth Fairy is real or something really, really bad will happen to them!
athiest

Tulsa, OK

#13 Apr 19, 2013
Really

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Apr 19, 2013
Retired Lawdawg wrote:
TF Allen I rest my case. What I said earlier!!
Don't bother discussing with tf, he will go on forever.. One of them that has to be right no matter what it takes....
guest

Tulsa, OK

#15 Apr 20, 2013
god is santa clause for adults

and while parents allow the santa myth out of fun, churches force the god myth for profit and control
Ambassador of Truth

Poteau, OK

#16 May 3, 2013
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. -Genesis 1:1
Josh

Sand Springs, OK

#17 May 3, 2013
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

"The Hobbit", Chapter one.

See how that works?
Ambassador of Truth

Poteau, OK

#18 May 5, 2013
Josh wrote:
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

"The Hobbit", Chapter one.

See how that works?
The hobbit is not real my chapter 1:1
Josh

Sand Springs, OK

#19 May 6, 2013
Neither is god, humans created the idea to explain things. Man wrote the bible. The version christians pound on today was written in england and rewrote man times until King James approved it.
Ambassador of Truth

Poteau, OK

#20 May 6, 2013
Josh wrote:
Neither is god, humans created the idea to explain things. Man wrote the bible. The version christians pound on today was written in england and rewrote man times until King James approved it.
I'm sorry for your disinformation in fact God is real and science is mans way to try to explain the things they cannot understand. I say this in love one day when your theory is disproven I hope you have decided to be on the right side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heavener Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what do yall know about Kevin Terry? 8 hr localwoman83 3
Tornado Siren Code 19 hr taltopx 3
News Bonds lady hauls in murder suspect (Jan '08) 21 hr sulli 2
flooding 21 hr Ellen 3
What do you think of Jade Helm? Fri PKSalad 24
Bald headed pharmacy worker May 22 grateful to have ... 8
Special Talihina Town Budget Meeting May 20 bitter and jealous 1
More from around the web

Heavener People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]