Okla. lawmakers mull raising driver's...

Okla. lawmakers mull raising driver's license fee

There are 5 comments on the us.lrd.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2010, titled Okla. lawmakers mull raising driver's license fee. In it, us.lrd.yahoo.com reports that:

Oklahoma lawmakers said Monday they are considering raising the cost of renewing a driver's license by $8.50, as well as several other fee increases, as they grapple with an estimated $1.2 billion budget shortfall.

License to go from $21.50 to %32.50 - At a time when jobs are almost none to money being tight lawmakers think it's ok to get more money from the little guy trying to make it! More fee's to go up as state runs dry of fresh money:

Join the discussion below, or Read more at us.lrd.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 27, 2010
I have said this many times and wrote to our state government about getting money $$$ to help cover the short fall of money!

The state can bring in millions just by charging for license plates for TRAILERS = 22.5 Million dollars and more each year:

It's time to charge for ALL trailers who now do not need to have a license - charging more for a drivers license at this time with so many out of work is wrong!

I see it as a lot wont get a drivers license renewed if they go up on the fees for a four year license!

I pay tags on my car and truck so why can't the people pay for license who own trailers?

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2010

What kind of trailers are you talking about tagging? RV's have to be tagged and commercial trailers have to be tagged now. Are you talking about stock trailers or hay hauling flatbeds that ranchers use and those small utility trailers people haul lawn-mowers or ATV's around on? Boat trailers? Not sure what kind of trailers you're talking about.

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Apr 27, 2010
My house trailer fee best not go up.

Hodgen, OK

#4 Apr 27, 2010
trailers used to haul lawnmowers, ATV,hay etc at this time do not have to be tagged, only trailers that are used as such that are used commercially have to be tagged. I think those are the trailers that are in discussion. If ranchers are using them to haul hay that they have sold then that would be commercial usage. If it (the trailer) is being used to haul a lawnmower that is used as part of a lawnmowing/landscaping business then it would be commercial and needs to be tagged.

So basically, unless I am using the trailer to make money(or claiming it on my taxes), it does not have to be tagged.

I was confused when I bought my small trailer and was told it need not be tagged, but it does have a title. one would assume that any vehicle used on a highway would need to have a tag. not in oklahoma.

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2010
I guess taxing those kinds of trailers would make some money for the state but I think people are taxed to death already. Between federal and state taxes I don't know how any working man or woman can even begin to provide for their family anymore.

Instead of more taxes, I'd like to see some cuts in the "fat" in this state and in the federal government that our money is being taken out of our pockets to pay for by way of taxes. I'm talking more than just the "bail-out" crap that has been going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heavener Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Talihina superintendent's spending examined 1 hr Tiger 73
Lahoma Sat Talihina Lahoma 11
Leflore County DA seeking Probable Cause from SAI Sat Scuba Steve 8
Brent oatman (Jan '17) Fri Hell is real 16
Town Board Member Eligibility to Serve in Talihina Fri lahoma 27
Sign the Petition to have the State Audit the T... Fri UPS 11
Town Budget - Here we go again Mar 15 Good grief 10

Heavener Jobs

Personal Finance

Heavener Mortgages