Grand jury indicts area residents

Grand jury indicts area residents

There are 53 comments on the Muskogee Phoenix story from Jun 18, 2009, titled Grand jury indicts area residents. In it, Muskogee Phoenix reports that:

Two Muskogee residents, a Tahlequah man and a Stilwell woman were among those indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury meeting in Muskogee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Muskogee Phoenix.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
get a life

Haskell, OK

#1 Jun 28, 2009
Stealing is wrong no matter what the reason is. I think they should throw the book at her and make an example of her. But from what I have read she will get off.
Hmmmm

Coweta, OK

#2 Jun 28, 2009
Who is this woman from Stilwell?
I dont guess I know her.
Land of Oz

Haskell, OK

#3 Jun 28, 2009
i know her..... everyone tried to cover this up for her saying she just got tired of her job and quit.. I am glad this finally came out..
Hmmmmm

Douglas, GA

#4 Jun 28, 2009
So she did it?
Land of Oz

Haskell, OK

#5 Jun 28, 2009
well when she broke her ankle, the woman that was suppose to come in and do her job started going through the books and found all the discrepancies which led to the investigation. There has to be some truth some where to this Jones case..
as it works

Douglas, GA

#6 Jun 28, 2009
I don't KNOW her but i know who she is. I'm pretty sure that she will be left alone and nothing will ever come of this.

Cherokee nation is really good about announcing criminal acts within their organizations for publicity sake, but they always fall short of pushing for any sort of jail time. Its almost like they want to advertise wrong doings but dont want any outside entities going through their books and financial records.

lots of people steal from the cherokee nation, they always get away with it or they do a very minimal prison time. Maybe this time will be different and she will get the book thrown at her. From the way I read in the news articles she had been doing this for a few years. I think that shows a continual path of deception and theft and it ended only because someone caught on. Im sure she would still be doing this if she could.

Ive heard alot of people say that she stole alot more than what was reported and that they are going to get her for multiple counts of both theft and embezzlement.
I hope they throw the book at her, any thief deserves it.
cold case

Haskell, OK

#7 Jun 29, 2009
Someone should check into the death of her late husband. They say it was suicide but in the minds of several people that knew him it is still in question if she had something to do with it or not.
as it works

Douglas, GA

#8 Jun 29, 2009
married before? see, i didnt know that. As i said though, i know her but dont know her personally.
I dont put anything past anyone in this town anymore though.
none of your business

United States

#9 Jun 29, 2009
you say that cherokee nation is good about annoucing criminal acts?? that not the truth I know of several people that have gotten off on the same charge.. and her late husband did committ suicide.. i know this for a fact.. and she has never done this for years "as it works" you must not be able to read and need you hearing checked..
none of your business

United States

#10 Jun 29, 2009
cold case wrote:
Someone should check into the death of her late husband. They say it was suicide but in the minds of several people that knew him it is still in question if she had something to do with it or not.
you know that was my dad and if you have something to say about my dad f*** you.. my dad did committ suicide i was there when it happened i seen my dad body when my mom was trying to get us to my grandma's..do not bring up my father in this case you have no f***ing idea..
kaboom

United States

#11 Jun 29, 2009
If your dad did commit suicide he is most likely burning in the firey pits of hell
none of your business

United States

#12 Jun 29, 2009
that dosent matter dont accuse my mom of killing my dad.. just like you will be burning in the firey pit of hell for judging.. in the 10 commandment buddy read it sometime..
left an impression

United States

#13 Jun 29, 2009
none of your business wrote:
that dosent matter dont accuse my mom of killing my dad.. just like you will be burning in the firey pit of hell for judging.. in the 10 commandment buddy read it sometime..
does the judge in the case go to hell too?

That means ALL judges will go to hell, hmmm. HOT DAMN!, there is a GOD after all.
impressions

United States

#14 Jun 29, 2009
cold case wrote:
I see no one saying your mom did anything, i see someone expressing their collective opinions, just as you are there "none of your business"
impressions

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2009
none of your business wrote:
you say that cherokee nation is good about annoucing criminal acts?? that not the truth I know of several people that have gotten off on the same charge.. and her late husband did committ suicide.. i know this for a fact.. and she has never done this for years "as it works" you must not be able to read and need you hearing checked..
The news article listed dates, from and to. There was a 2 year window so guess what that means.
I can read very well, and can even spell pretty good.

So, you say she didnt do this for years, how long did she do it for?
Hmmmm

Haskell, OK

#16 Jun 30, 2009
I think everyone on this forum, is going to Hell, thats all anyone does is Judge.
We all have sinned, and have fallen short of the Glory of God. Give it a rest.
local

Haskell, OK

#17 Jul 1, 2009
Well I know Donna, I don't believe she did this. She worked at the nation for many years. She has always helped people in need when she could and never thought twice about it. If she did do it and I stress IF, she sure didn't do alone.
Another Local

Douglas, GA

#18 Jul 1, 2009
I have to agree with "Hmmmm" everyone on this forum is going to HELL, if they dont stop judging. Its not anyones place to Judge, donna, or anyone else for that matter.
What is this forum about anyway? To put people down,and talk about things, that everyone has done? Or probably done?

If your a good person and your living for God, then you should realize that in our God's eyes, a Sin is a Sin. We all have sinned.

Whether she did it or not, Its no ones place to judge her, she is a good woman, and she lives for God.

I really wish everyone would just leave her alone, and get on with your own lives.
impressions

United States

#19 Jul 2, 2009
was she living for GOD when she embezzled? Did she donate the money to the GOD cause? It does'nt work that way. You don't steal from your job for years then after you've gotten caught, profess to have found GOD. Why is it that everyone thinks they can do as they please and then claim a new awareness to GOD and think that this gets them out of trouble. You steal and thieve then you pay. This is not judging whether you can go to heaven or not, this is judging whether you spend a few years in prison or not, Completely different. This is a judgement based on the countries laws, not GOD's. In the eyes of the country, she took something which did not belong to her. No matter what she did with it, it wasnt hers to do with.
NEW TO TOWN

Danville, GA

#20 Jul 3, 2009
impressions wrote:
was she living for GOD when she embezzled? Did she donate the money to the GOD cause? It does'nt work that way. You don't steal from your job for years then after you've gotten caught, profess to have found GOD. Why is it that everyone thinks they can do as they please and then claim a new awareness to GOD and think that this gets them out of trouble. You steal and thieve then you pay. This is not judging whether you can go to heaven or not, this is judging whether you spend a few years in prison or not, Completely different. This is a judgement based on the countries laws, not GOD's. In the eyes of the country, she took something which did not belong to her. No matter what she did with it, it wasnt hers to do with.
The TEN COMMANDMENTS said not to steal that is breaking one of gods laws and if she did it then she will be judged and not by man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heavener Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brent oatman Thu Aza 4
Local pastor arrest for incest- child sexual abuse (Jun '16) Feb 22 Yeaho 32
Keep Mrs.Buchanan Feb 22 StayStrong 8
Body found (Jan '14) Feb 22 LMAO 48
I've only lived in the area a few years so I ne... Feb 21 Sondra ellis 7
Tori Casy and Stefanie Tidwell back on the drugs Feb 21 Sondra ellis 5
Child Care Home by Cindy Feb 21 X 1

Heavener Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance