Parents arraigned after son, 6, tries...

Parents arraigned after son, 6, tries to drive self to school

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 9, 2009, titled Parents arraigned after son, 6, tries to drive self to school. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

An eastern Virginia couple arrested after their 6-year-old son crashed the family car while trying to drive himself to school appeared in court today on child-endangerment charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

hmmmm

United States

#1 Jan 9, 2009
Were the parents at home asleep at the time of the incident? I thought a previous article indicated that the mom was still sleeping.
Thank God Dodson will take away the son's set of car key's to insure this doesn't happen again!
Ms V

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 9, 2009
I am impressed with the fact that the boy did not want to miss school. Granted, he didn't make the right decision, but at 6 c'mon! What I think is amazing is that he got as far as he did before crashing and no one was injured. Sounds like he drives better than the average Minnesotan.
Not absolving the parents, but if dad was at work and mom was sleeping - the kid might have been told not to wake mom up - maybe she works nights, who knows?
Dan

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jan 9, 2009
Plus, they let the kid play GTA. While the game certainly doesn't deserve it's "Murder Simulator" reputation, it's still not for kids.
vle

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 9, 2009
Some people should not be parents...EVER!!
reporon

Bigfork, MN

#5 Jan 10, 2009
i would like to hear more details on this story.

“Ratings are overrated.”

Since: Jan 09

St. Paul

#6 Jan 10, 2009
Ms V wrote:
Sounds like he drives better than the average Minnesotan.
I wonder how his merging skills are. We really suck at that.

“Ratings are overrated.”

Since: Jan 09

St. Paul

#7 Jan 10, 2009
Wow, welcome to Minnesota! We're pretty sensitive here. Okay, I'll clean that comment up: I wonder how his merging skills are. We really, um, don't do that very proficiently. Actually, our skills kinda blow.
Been there Done that

Lakeland, FL

#8 Jan 10, 2009
Unless you've been a parent to a 6-year old, or any young child at all, don't judge. Children's abilities can never be second-guessed. We read about it every day. Children who walk out of homes in the middle of the night, burn houses down, play with guns, etc. You must almost make a fortress of your home. I, too, would like to know more details. Then the subject of child neglect can come up for debate.
Say what

Stillwater, MN

#9 Jan 12, 2009
So been there before.... is your child in a plastic bubble? How many kids do you know that have actually done stupid **** like burn down a house? Or perhaps you know too many freaks! I can't believe this kid got as far as it did. I have to say just by what I read it seems you can't swing a dead cat in that house without hittin' a moron. Shucks darnnabbit!
Delaina Cooper

Tappahannock, VA

#10 Jan 13, 2009
Poor little guy, he was hungry and wanted to play in gym class. Sad, just so sad.

Since: Feb 08

Big Lake, MN

#11 Jan 13, 2009
I'm surprised my six-year-old hasn't tried this yet.
RAO

Jackson, MS

#12 Feb 20, 2009
The boy had a choice, let his 90 year old grandmother drive him or drive himself. Either way the kid was doomed. Besides look at the bright side, a six year braving the dangers of the road, adjusting his lunch box under him to see above the dash. Sounds like a future Marine Corps fighter pilot to me. Hats of kid!

Tuff_Guy

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 31, 2010
Youse got dat right!
Fishin

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2010
slimmy

United States

#16 Dec 24, 2010
what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heathsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
spincter Clinton, suckling on the teat Apr '16 Gene Pool 1
Review: Clark's Lawn & Excavating Service (Sep '15) Sep '15 Suckabigoneclark 1
Massage service, hot stone, Anticellulite, Bamb... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Leo 1
Max nance (Jul '15) Jul '15 christymackisback 6
News Enjoy these winter scenes submitted by Rappahan... (Feb '15) Jun '15 Lord Haw Haw 2
Kingston trio at Middle school (Oct '14) Oct '14 Johnny Gibbs 1
James Adams Floating Theatre (Oct '13) Oct '13 KP in CB 1

Heathsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heathsville Mortgages