Coroner: Off-duty officer killed in Diamond Bar crash was drunk

Jacqueline Montalvo, 37, a Rowland Heights resident and 11 year veteran of LAPD's Hollywood division sustained fatal injuries when the vehicle she was driving swerved across a median and collided head-on with a truck on Grand Avenue in Diamond Bar on Thursday evening, February 26, 2010. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Patrick

Whittier, CA

#1 May 5, 2010
This ought to be interesting .....
My Opinion is the Truth

Las Vegas, NV

#2 May 5, 2010
I agree Patrick!
LEO

La Habra, CA

#4 May 5, 2010
Statistics have shown time and again that members of law enforcement are 3 times as likely to have a drinking or drug problem and 4 times as likely to be involved in domestic violence, compared to non-law enforcement citizens.
Whittier Dude

Wilmington, CA

#5 May 5, 2010
Relatives said Montalvo ate lunch with friends and likely went shopping in the hours before the crash. She was probably heading home, said her fiance, Jerry Rodelo.

Sounds more like she came from the local pub...unless outlet stores have turned into bars lately?

Anyways, its sad she lost her life and injured 3 individuals. I wish a speedy recovery to the victims of this accident along with her fiancee.
Where is this information

Saint Louis, MO

#6 May 5, 2010
LEO wrote:
Statistics have shown time and again that members of law enforcement are 3 times as likely to have a drinking or drug problem and 4 times as likely to be involved in domestic violence, compared to non-law enforcement citizens.
Can you provide the source for your "statistics"? How many law enforcement citizens were involved in this study you speak of? How long were they followed? What was the ethnicity composition? Gender composition? Were they all police officers? Or are you just a cop hater that speaks out of both bottoms??
steve

Hacienda Heights, CA

#8 May 5, 2010
shouldnt be driving drunk
Fed Up

El Monte, CA

#9 May 5, 2010
Where is this information wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide the source for your "statistics"? How many law enforcement citizens were involved in this study you speak of? How long were they followed? What was the ethnicity composition? Gender composition? Were they all police officers? Or are you just a cop hater that speaks out of both bottoms??
I would like more info on those stats too...but early last year (Apr 2009), the Tribune ran the following article...no longer visible unless you go through their archive search engine.

Number of drunk deputies doubles
Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

In what officials describe as an increasingly intractable problem, the number of alcohol-related arrests of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department employees doubled from 2007 to 2008, according to an annual department review released Wednesday.
The Truth

Dayton, OH

#10 May 5, 2010
Where is this information wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide the source for your "statistics"? How many law enforcement citizens were involved in this study you speak of? How long were they followed? What was the ethnicity composition? Gender composition? Were they all police officers? Or are you just a cop hater that speaks out of both bottoms??
I think most cops are dirty they just are able to cover it up more
Chocoholic

Fresno, CA

#11 May 5, 2010
Irresponsible plain and simple.Police officers think that they are above the law.Raise your hand if you can afford to live in Rowland Heights and drive an Infiniti on private sector pay?
Ricky Ricardo

United States

#12 May 5, 2010
She drove a infiniti G37, those car are fast. She can easily afford it cause cops makes over 100,000K a year with overtime. While protecting people are nice, no cop would risk their life for anything less than 40,000K a year.
hey

Whittier, CA

#14 May 5, 2010
hey people shes a human being wether shes a cop or not, she was OFF DUTY, which means she was a civilian at the time, according to this she died from a DUI. she wasnt on the job so stop bagging on her.
glendorarunner

Atlanta, GA

#15 May 5, 2010
hey wrote:
hey people shes a human being wether shes a cop or not, she was OFF DUTY, which means she was a civilian at the time, according to this she died from a DUI. she wasnt on the job so stop bagging on her.
LEO'S, unless they retire or are fired are never civilians. The woman was human but because of her training, experience and the fact that she took an oath to "serve and protect" and uphold the law, she was not innocent by any means. I am not a LEO hater, far from it but more was expected from her. It's a miracle she did not kill anyone but herself.
Law Abiding Citizen

Glendale, CA

#16 May 5, 2010
They are scum. In the past few weeks alone...

1) ex-Whittier PD-several counts of child molestation
2) TWO off-duty LAPD assault a guy in Uptown Whittier
3) LAPD Reservist shoots & kills his unarmed 17 year old son in Monrovia
4) Two cops kidnap & rape a woman at the Ontario Mills mall
5) Huntington Beach police officer is facing charges of rape, forcible sodomy and 17 other charges of physical abuse

That was here, in our immediate area alone and not even all of them. I didn't bother to look all of them up. Those are merely the ones I remember from memory.

Didn't even include the female LHPD cop who was not even charged with killing a couple, when she blew through an intersection at 80 mph!
covina

Panorama City, CA

#17 May 5, 2010
drink and drive pay the price idiot
Pancho Valle

Garden Grove, CA

#18 May 5, 2010
Law Abiding Citizen wrote:
They are scum. In the past few weeks alone...
1) ex-Whittier PD-several counts of child molestation
2) TWO off-duty LAPD assault a guy in Uptown Whittier
3) LAPD Reservist shoots & kills his unarmed 17 year old son in Monrovia
4) Two cops kidnap & rape a woman at the Ontario Mills mall
5) Huntington Beach police officer is facing charges of rape, forcible sodomy and 17 other charges of physical abuse
That was here, in our immediate area alone and not even all of them. I didn't bother to look all of them up. Those are merely the ones I remember from memory.
Didn't even include the female LHPD cop who was not even charged with killing a couple, when she blew through an intersection at 80 mph!
You forgot the female LAPD detective who was arrested a few weeks ago for killing her ex-boyfriend's wife about 20 yrs ago. She finally got caught based on DNA
Pancho Valle

Walnut, CA

#19 May 5, 2010
hey wrote:
hey people shes a human being wether shes a cop or not, she was OFF DUTY, which means she was a civilian at the time, according to this she died from a DUI. she wasnt on the job so stop bagging on her.
Because she was off duty that gives her the right to break the law? Unbelievable!!
Law Abiding Citizen

Glendale, CA

#20 May 5, 2010
Pancho Valle wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot the female LAPD detective who was arrested a few weeks ago for killing her ex-boyfriend's wife about 20 yrs ago. She finally got caught based on DNA
Well, yeah, but I think she was arrested in '09. I may be mistaken.

But if we pull in '09, don't forget the CHP officer who shot & killed her husband without being charged!(Tyeisha Johnson, or something like that.)

But idiots think there are only a "few bad apples". LOL!!
Law Abiding Citizen

Glendale, CA

#21 May 5, 2010
Read the thread on this same story from the SGVN. Some bonehead is using the moniker, "Nobody's Perfect" and defending cops.
Former PD

Pico Rivera, CA

#22 May 5, 2010
God Bless her family and fellow officers. She sounded like a good cop.
Pico Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#23 May 5, 2010
You see this is what happens when they thick because they wear a sheild they themselves are above the law, when in fact the should be the examples for the law to be upheld

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Western Massachusetts Labor Action continues it... (Jun '08) Thu Aderas 45
Former local being looked for in East Mass (Apr '14) Wed too husky for san... 12
Berkshire employment picture bright despite upt... Wed DCF and other Mon... 4
No trace of third Lewis Lent victim in Greenwat... (Jul '13) Dec 21 whistleblower 10
North Adams museum plan hits snag over titles Dec 19 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 6
Storm drops more than four inches of snow in Be... Dec 18 more taxes 17
North Adams top ten worst cities in Ma. Dec 12 ron webb 7
Heath Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Heath People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Heath News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Heath

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:38 am PST