chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Started down here about 8AM steady but light-- about an inch or so---side roads slick- main roads OK- so far---what's the haps from God's Country
Blackbird

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

less than an inch thus far but picking up (3pm)
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Blackbird wrote:
less than an inch thus far but picking up (3pm)
I think we may clone each other

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

chbpod wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we may clone each other
There is a travel ban from 4pm today to 8pm tomorrow.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Lisbeth_NA wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty much the same deal down here

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Lisbeth_NA wrote:
<quoted text>
Lisbeth I thought the city state of emergency was in effect until 8pm tomorrow night. I didn't know the travel ban is on until that time to. Where did you find out that it is until 8pm?
Bitinski

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

DPW Proud Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Lisbeth I thought the city state of emergency was in effect until 8pm tomorrow night. I didn't know the travel ban is on until that time to. Where did you find out that it is until 8pm?
Call the DPW GARAGE?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitinski wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the DPW GARAGE?
a question answered by a question? Thats no kind of an answer. Thank you anyways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitinski wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the DPW GARAGE?
well I just looked on the North Adams PD page on facebook and read the letter from the Governor and it says travel ban from 4pm today until further notice......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

ecnemergency@northadams-ma.gov
To vs171@yahoo.com

2/8/2013 3:55:07 PM EST - This is a message from the NA Dept. of Public Safety. Gov. Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency and is banning all vehicles from driving on the roads beginning at 4pm today until further notice. Based on this exec. order, we urge everyone to comply and be off the streets as soon as possible.
Please remember that the snow emergency for the city of N.A. will remain in effect until 8pm Saturday

Received this in my e-mail too
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Pretty lame in NA-- nothing on the city web site--did you get a red alert robo call- explaining the parking or travel ban----so much for staying on top of things --pretty pathetic when you have the technology

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

DPW Proud Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I received messages on my phone, and saw news stories. The travel ban was all over facebook... people were pissed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

DPW Proud Wife wrote:
ecnemergency@northadams-ma.gov
To vs171@yahoo.com
2/8/2013 3:55:07 PM EST - This is a message from the NA Dept. of Public Safety. Gov. Deval Patrick has declared a state of emergency and is banning all vehicles from driving on the roads beginning at 4pm today until further notice. Based on this exec. order, we urge everyone to comply and be off the streets as soon as possible.
Please remember that the snow emergency for the city of N.A. will remain in effect until 8pm Saturday
Received this in my e-mail too
Lol... You are DPW proud wife... why were you asking about roads? You did not see/receive the alerts before me?
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lisbeth_NA wrote:
<quoted text>
I received messages on my phone, and saw news stories. The travel ban was all over facebook... people were pissed.
Why should they be pissed---their combined IQ is probably 47--plan ahead--I have booze and butts-enough until Monday--what else is there?? Oh that's right the chicks from the massage parlor---bummer - my wife is home anyway---I was tempted to send her to the store at 10;30 to get some dog food--but she couldn't get her walker through the drifts

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

chbpod wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they be pissed---their combined IQ is probably 47--plan ahead--I have booze and butts-enough until Monday--what else is there?? Oh that's right the chicks from the massage parlor---bummer - my wife is home anyway---I was tempted to send her to the store at 10;30 to get some dog food--but she couldn't get her walker through the drifts
It was people bitchin' about having to leave ahead
of time for work to beat the ban and people stuck at work
after the ban. Most just drove... as the live news showed in Pittsfield. Hey Clark... Why the IQ mentions? You do not even live here any longer. What's your damage? Get your own f-n walker out and get your dog's food.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Lisbeth_NA wrote:
<quoted text>
It was people bitchin' about having to leave ahead
of time for work to beat the ban and people stuck at work
after the ban. Most just drove... as the live news showed in Pittsfield. Hey Clark... Why the IQ mentions? You do not even live here any longer. What's your damage? Get your own f-n walker out and get your dog's food.
I know I don't live there- but when I left the aggregate IQ dropped 10 points---probably 18-24 inches--nothing figures in the morning paper-and with the drifting it's hard to say --half of EG lost power- but we're still good--75% of North Kingstoen to our south lost power--187,000 total in RI out of power
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot---where is JBIII when I really need him----I have two feet of snow--IN THE FREAKING STREET--my driveway is clear-- I hired the kid from across the street--freshman at East Greenwich high--good kid and did a good job--but if I wanted to go somewhere- couldn't---Corinth Street was always plowed--except when JBIII was out of town on a golfing vacation---how are your streets

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

chbpod wrote:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot---where is JBIII when I really need him----I have two feet of snow--IN THE FREAKING STREET--my driveway is clear-- I hired the kid from across the street--freshman at East Greenwich high--good kid and did a good job--but if I wanted to go somewhere- couldn't---Corinth Street was always plowed--except when JBIII was out of town on a golfing vacation---how are your streets
I havent been out of my driveway, but the streets are all open. My husband just got home from yesterday morning! I'm sure they'll probably have to go out tonight or something because the wind is whipping everwhere creating snow drifts.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

DPW Proud Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I havent been out of my driveway, but the streets are all open. My husband just got home from yesterday morning! I'm sure they'll probably have to go out tonight or something because the wind is whipping everwhere creating snow drifts.
That's why the DPW gets paid all the big bucks so that you can sit at home and post on Topix all day long--LOL--og and my street is finally plowed--but not to North Adams standards
Praxis33

Great Barrington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

During the travel ban I stayed home with Mom wink wink wink

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Heath Discussions

Search the Heath Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Drugs (Jul '13) 1 hr Tiredofit 12
Concerned parents unite to rejuvenate playground (May '09) 6 hr Some Guy From Adams 33
kirby nicols cyr arrested again for drugs 3rd o... (Apr '11) 12 hr Town Jokers 65
Site of North Adams emergency center unclear 20 hr Some Guy From Adams 5
landlords (Apr '11) Tue Stupid Landlords 74
mayor Tue Lifelong resident 2
Was the deceased female on Beaver st. a murder ... Tue Some Guy From Adams 16
•••

Flood Warning for Franklin County was issued at April 16 at 10:32PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Heath Dating

more search filters

less search filters