winter parking bans
no parking on the walkway

Chicopee, MA

#1 Nov 2, 2012
is it still legal to park your car on the sidewalk so you don't get a ticket and children have the chance to get hits by cars since they have to walk in the road? or do you need to find other parking so are children are safe?
ban

Schenectady, NY

#3 Nov 5, 2012
no parking on the walkway wrote:
is it still legal to park your car on the sidewalk so you don't get a ticket and children have the chance to get hits by cars since they have to walk in the road? or do you need to find other parking so are children are safe?
my understanding is that when the parking ban is in effect, you can park on the sidewalk, but have to have your car off the sidewalk by 7 AM
rent a space

Albany, NY

#4 Nov 5, 2012
So what are the people suppose to do when they are walking on the side walk where they are suppose to be, then they have to walk in the road? People should never park their cars on the side walk at anytime even in the winter rent a space and make everyone happy!. I have seen parents walking their young children some in baby carriages in the winter time and a hole has his car or truck parked on the sidewalk and the whole family has to go out in the road to walk this is very unsafe for everyone. Rent a space in the winter time or fine better housing that has off street parking and stop blocking the sidewalks for walkers its bad enough that half the streets never get shoveled.
chbpod

North Kingstown, RI

#6 Nov 5, 2012
Parking on a sidewalk is prohibited--PERIOD--subject to towing and fine
Shazam

Lake George, NY

#7 Nov 6, 2012
chbpod wrote:
Parking on a sidewalk is prohibited--PERIOD--subject to towing and fine
very true but its not inforced. I don't know how many times I called the police station last year and they did nothing at all. I watch kids walk in the road all the time because of people parking their cars on the side walk. So calling the police dept is a dead end road. I even spoke with Dick Alcombright about this last year and he said just keep calling the police dept. That's North Adams for ya.
rent a space

Albany, NY

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Shazam wrote:
<quoted text>very true but its not inforced. I don't know how many times I called the police station last year and they did nothing at all. I watch kids walk in the road all the time because of people parking their cars on the side walk. So calling the police dept is a dead end road. I even spoke with Dick Alcombright about this last year and he said just keep calling the police dept. That's North Adams for ya.
I have seen it many times also, cars and trucks parking on the side walks and then the people have to walk in the road and then they wonder why people are getting hit. Guess Alcombright is not that bright after all for not getting in touch with the police and saying something to them about the side walks getting block. Whats wrong with the police, also they have been told about the sidewalks having cars park on them and now if someone gets hit or killed and the police did nothing to stop the cars I would say the police or the city might be liable for anyone that gets hurt or killed they have been warned about the cars and did nothing to stop it...
no parking on the walkway

Chicopee, MA

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Praxis33 wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy a house you tenament house bum or move back to Vermont then you will have parking.
I own a house in na, thats the issue, some a**** is always blocking my entrance to my house with there dam car, and the cops say it's ok for them to do it.
NA Home oner

South Hadley, MA

#10 Nov 21, 2012
I have the same problem, can't wait till the snow falls so I have to crawl over her car jsut to get to my front door.
daniels road

North Adams, MA

#11 Nov 21, 2012
this is a problem, but what I see even more these days is people who don't shovel their sidewalks forcing everyone to go out into the road, which is already narrowed by the snow banks the plows push up. it's illegal to not clear the sidewalks in front of your home but no one bothers to do anything about it any more...even in neighborhoods where kids are walking to school. when I was a kid I made plenty of money shoveling for elderly neighbors, and I also had to keep up with my own family's walks and driveway. these days even perfectly healthy young people who own homes don't do it any more and there aren't kids walking around after storms with shovels looking to make money either....
daniels road

North Adams, MA

#13 Nov 22, 2012
Bender Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one should shovel the city sidewalks unless the city pays them to do so.To hell with the stupid shovel law and to hell with the city for not making the highway department slackers do it between storms.
so are you suggesting we include this job into the city responsibilities and pay more taxes to cover the cost of city workers doing all the sidewalks in north adams? really? you must be joking!!!!
chbpod

North Kingstown, RI

#14 Nov 22, 2012
daniels road wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you suggesting we include this job into the city responsibilities and pay more taxes to cover the cost of city workers doing all the sidewalks in north adams? really? you must be joking!!!!
Happy Thanksjoking

Since: Aug 12

United States

#15 Nov 22, 2012
LOL Clark!
sick of dick

Hinsdale, MA

#16 Jan 8, 2013
daniels road wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you suggesting we include this job into the city responsibilities and pay more taxes to cover the cost of city workers doing all the sidewalks in north adams? really? you must be joking!!!!
no make them do it when there trying to hide and sit on there ass.
crossing guard

Albany, NY

#17 Jan 8, 2013
I wish people that own and live by the schools shovel their sidewalks for the kids its very dangerous for the kids to walk out in the road, please shovel your sidewalk for the kids.
please

North Adams, MA

#18 Jan 8, 2013
crossing guard wrote:
I wish people that own and live by the schools shovel their sidewalks for the kids its very dangerous for the kids to walk out in the road, please shovel your sidewalk for the kids.
bus stops too!!
NA Home oner

United States

#19 Jan 9, 2013
crossing guard wrote:
I wish people that own and live by the schools shovel their sidewalks for the kids its very dangerous for the kids to walk out in the road, please shovel your sidewalk for the kids.
that's the problem, every time I shovel someone parks there, so the kids still have to walk in the road.
crossing guard

Albany, NY

#20 Jan 10, 2013
NA Home oner wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the problem, every time I shovel someone parks there, so the kids still have to walk in the road.
I know I shovel too for the kids and myself and some parent has to steal my spot that I work hard at keeping it clean. I even complained to the highway department and its still not clean...People are just lazy now a days..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are welfare types drawn to stupid tattoos 17 min cil 5
Mike Deep has a serious black mold problem at t... 17 hr cil 41
Perras again Fri blueballs 7
News New Second Candidate Announces for North Adams ... Thu The public offender 5
News North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs und... (Mar '10) Jul 19 cil 138
News Resolution on C Street? (Jul '10) Jul 16 blueballs 59
News Police dog locates North Adams stabbing suspect Jul 15 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 1

Heath Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heath Mortgages