North Adams Council opts out of new a Rule10aa banning signs

Jan 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Adams Transcript

A proposed change to the City Council's Rules of Order, which sought to ban from council chambers any sign, electronic device or article of clothing displaying a graphic or lettered message, met with an anticlimactic end last week.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2013

Since: Aug 12

Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Good call. Yes? No?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

sher01247 wrote:
Good call. Yes? No?
Yes. If someone wants to hold a sign and look like a goof, they should have the right to. They shouldn't be allowed to trash people though.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Lisbeth_NA wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. If someone wants to hold a sign and look like a goof, they should have the right to. They shouldn't be allowed to trash people though.
Any sign with errors in spelling should be removed---there goes Cardimino - bye bye

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

sher01247 wrote:
Good call. Yes? No?
In my opinion if a "visitor" is going to hold a sign they should be in the back row and just hold it........no waving it around, or blocking other visitors. But I truelly believe NO actual "signs" should be allowed. This does not include pins, shirts, hats (and gentlemen shouldnt wear a hat indoors anyways). Another thing....there is such a thing as judging if a councilman/woman is doing their job and just critizing EVERYTHING the councilman/woman does. They were elected by the voters of this city, and as such, they should be able to do their jobs without the nonsense they have been going through this year.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

DPW Proud Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion if a "visitor" is going to hold a sign they should be in the back row and just hold it........no waving it around, or blocking other visitors. But I truelly believe NO actual "signs" should be allowed. This does not include pins, shirts, hats (and gentlemen shouldnt wear a hat indoors anyways). Another thing....there is such a thing as judging if a councilman/woman is doing their job and just critizing EVERYTHING the councilman/woman does. They were elected by the voters of this city, and as such, they should be able to do their jobs without the nonsense they have been going through this year.
Gentlemen?? Gentlemen? you say---- when have Trottier and Cardimino EVER been characterized as GENTLEMEN???----I had told my buddy Al-- that they should ban the sign thing-- for possible obstructed view as well as safety issues--Bona apparently disagreed- saying that had never been a problem-- well I remember one time when it was--Bona was probably still using a pacifier--but I agree- shirts- hats- etc no problem-- as far as signage is concerned- nothing inside the bar-- that is on the floor- unless OK'd by the chair so that developers can be invited inside the bar-- and do their thing--make a distinction between the gallery and the floor

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Heath Discussions

Search the Heath Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The most retarted site on the internet 7 hr Ozzie King Of Zylonite 11
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Jul 26 Crazy Mike 4,696
Anyone know Why did Ta Bellas close so Soon? Jul 26 Some Guy From Adams 6
What are the causes of local crime? Jul 25 jack azz 11
Barrett vs. the landlords (Jan '08) Jul 25 Jon Dinerstein 8
no agenda Jul 23 Irate Taxpayer 2
Judge Upholds Damage Award of $300K to Freight ... Jul 20 ha ha girl 10
•••
•••
•••
Heath Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••