East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Articles in both the Transcript and iberkshires today reveal that the Berkshire Scenic Railway is planning on opening train service between Adams and North Adams in 2014. Six trips per day on weekends and holidays. Hopes to attract thousands of tourists.
What do you think? I think it's goofy.

Since: Nov 12

Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I don't think it's intended to be a form of transpotation between the two towns. It's more of an attraction, with seasonal/holiday special events.
the conductor

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

It's ludicrous!!!
First off, that's not a particularly scenic stretch (and on the left is the new Super Walmart....look kids!). Secondly, and more importantly, it's another huge waste of money.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I have never been for a train ride. Subway, airplanes large and small, hellicopter (hated that one),and even the trolly in Sanfransico... but never a train. It sounds kind of fun. I would love to give it a try, even though I'm not a tourist. But, thousands? I don't know about that. What do I know though, I thought MassMocha was a goofy idea.
forget it

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Thought the state was broke why waste good money on a train ride from Adams to North Adams there is nothing in both towns. I'll never ride the train because there is nothing to see or do after you get off of the train ride in North Adams or Adams. It might start off with six trips then slowly die off to one then none and then all that money will be wasted only the contractors will make out.

How money is this going to cost the tax payers that already had cuts in their checks. MassMocha is a joke, been there once and that was enough, nothing there to do. Yawn!!!!!!

Guess people could hang around the streets in North Adams and look for Praxis and win the prize money but thats the only excitement in North Adams their going to see.

Since: Aug 12

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Tourist attraction? Commuters? It might work depending on the price. I'll try it.
one for the road

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Millions will be wasted better off spending that money on fixing up roads...I can't see the state making any off stupid ideal at all just look at Mt. Greylock did that new road bring any new business to the Berkshire because I did see any. It will cost more to redo the train tracks and run the engines and hire help to run then what it will make in revenues.
oh boy

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

sher01247 wrote:
Tourist attraction? Commuters? It might work depending on the price. I'll try it.
You will have to try it more once to make it pay off...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

They need to have a buffet car in this :) I get hungry on "long" rides!
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Tans for respoding all- read the articles--no money amont was mentioned--but it is going to cost somebody something---Berkshire Scenic Railway has a run between Lenox and Stockbridge--I think a little different than Adams-No Adams--

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

LOL! Lisbeth and Clark! Rumor has it, Lisbeth, that there will be a diner cart catered by FYP!

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

It will be dubbed "Guiness n Burgers"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

sher01247 wrote:
It will be dubbed "Guiness n Burgers"
Lol! Now, wouldn't the upper crust tourists prefer Boston Seafood? Martini & Shrimp anyone?

Since: Nov 12

Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

chbpod wrote:
Tans for respoding all- read the articles--no money amont was mentioned--but it is going to cost somebody something---Berkshire Scenic Railway has a run between Lenox and Stockbridge--I think a little different than Adams-No Adams--
Lenox to Stockbridge run was very popular, but is now defunct. Their Polar Express run always sold out weeks in advance.
cil

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Im in forsure great idea
forget it

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

forget it wrote:
Thought the state was broke why waste good money on a train ride from Adams to North Adams there is nothing in both towns. I'll never ride the train because there is nothing to see or do after you get off of the train ride in North Adams or Adams. It might start off with six trips then slowly die off to one then none and then all that money will be wasted only the contractors will make out.
How money is this going to cost the tax payers that already had cuts in their checks. MassMocha is a joke, been there once and that was enough, nothing there to do. Yawn!!!!!!
Guess people could hang around the streets in North Adams and look for Praxis and win the prize money but thats the only excitement in North Adams their going to see.
What did I say that was wrong, I hope it works out and maybe during the holidays seasons it will be their busiest but as far as people traveling a few miles or even 50 or more miles for a 20 minute ride to nowhere I just can't see it working out for the good of the state or anyone.
Don Cornelius

North Adams, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

It will be just another mode of transportation for the druggies and welfare rats traveling between Adams and NA. Soul Train Express.
Robert Moses

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

chbpod wrote:
there is no run in lenox and stockbridge, not since 2011. the company that owns the tracks banned them

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Why?
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

I think it's a fool's errand

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of61
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Heath Discussions

Search the Heath Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Three months into job, BerkshireWorks head Mont... 34 min the city I hate 17
Concerned parents unite to rejuvenate playground (May '09) 1 hr fallzzie 37
kirby nicols cyr arrested again for drugs 3rd o... (Apr '11) 10 hr Best Of Luck 69
Was the deceased female on Beaver st. a murder ... 12 hr U R A Tard 26
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 20 hr Anthony 1,133
landlords (Apr '11) Fri Some Guy From Adams 75
Drugs (Jul '13) Fri Some Guy From Adams 15
•••
•••
•••
Heath Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Heath Jobs

•••
•••