would a truck stop in north adams hel...

would a truck stop in north adams help the economy

Posted in the Heath Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
VOTE ALBEE

South Sutton, NH

#1 Jun 1, 2013
One day last week the hubby and I had a disagreement so I went to cool off...I was sitting in my car in the old brien center parking lot, it was midnight truck go over the bridge. I swear every 5 min..maybe a truck stop might help bring jobs and truckers can spend money..what do you think?
VOTE ALBEE

South Sutton, NH

#2 Jun 1, 2013
ps as I sat there cooling off, I also thought the NAPD could make the old brien center the public safety building. first floor is accessible second floor could be offices no need for prisoners to go upstairs...can it be renovated?
chbpod

Narragansett, RI

#3 Jun 1, 2013
VOTE ALBEE wrote:
ps as I sat there cooling off, I also thought the NAPD could make the old brien center the public safety building. first floor is accessible second floor could be offices no need for prisoners to go upstairs...can it be renovated?
I have no udea about what used to be Mohawk Garage--Gene Robare was a mechanic and leased the under ground space-- if that ramp is still there- could rok for police with renos of the upstairs---not good for fire- but they could stay where they are----that property may have been sold already- I don't know
VOTE ALBEE

South Sutton, NH

#4 Jun 1, 2013
don't think its been sold.. ramp is still there..maybe the Mayor could check into it. plenty of parking to...
cil

South Sutton, NH

#5 Jun 3, 2013
I know you read this.. better ideas then yours SHER you cant handle it

Since: Aug 12

Bloomfield, CT

#6 Jun 3, 2013
I think a truck terminal would be a boon to this city. I'm all for it!
chbpod

Narragansett, RI

#7 Jun 3, 2013
Where would you put it-- having it associated with a Hooters--a Starbucks--and a diner would help the draw---employment for college coeds---old broads need not apply
joe

North Adams, MA

#8 Jun 3, 2013
chbpod wrote:
Where would you put it-- having it associated with a Hooters--a Starbucks--and a diner would help the draw---employment for college coeds---old broads need not apply
we had one it was called The Texan
chbpod

Narragansett, RI

#9 Jun 3, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>we had one it was called The Texan
Fond memories of The Texan
biggame

Chicopee, MA

#10 Jun 4, 2013
i dont know what you been smokin but there isnt that many trucks that use that section of route 2/8. most truckers avoid that area because of the small and winding roads. they would only take down the trail if they had no other choice.

sure there is some trucks but not enough to do much. truck stops are typically on major highways and not on small state roads. nobody is going to travel 60 miles out of the way just to stop and have breakfast in north adams. if that be the case then a small fast food place would do just as good.

eeewwwww! the texan was a rat hole. place stunk so bad you could hardly get anywhere near it without having the urge to puke. only been there once and that was enough for me. food sucked and the service was terrible. did they call it a truck stop? i wasnt aware what the point of putting a rat hole like that outside the city.

thats like jacks hot dog stand. i seriously have no idea what people see in that place. the fries are saturated in hamburg grease and the buns are always greasy and slippery with god knows what. everything they serve looks and tastes just like the grill totally smelling of bad grease bombed food. that place surely cant be healthy in any way but people still go and they have been in business for years. as for me, i dont see saving a little money on food will counter the cost of seeing a doctor because of digestion problems.

please no more rat holes like jacks and what used to be called the texan.
Not Bob

North Adams, MA

#11 Jun 4, 2013
The Texans busiest time was when the bar behind it let the animals out at 2am. Very dim memories of eating there, but what I ate absorbed some of the watered down booze from Beacon Street

Since: Aug 12

United States

#12 Jun 4, 2013
Many trucks pass through this area...pay attention. A truck stop allows truckers ample room to park their rigs, rest, eat and shower.
biggame

Chicopee, MA

#13 Jun 4, 2013
you are imagining things lady. there isnt enough trucks going through here to consider a truck stop. where would the parking be anyways? do you think MoCA would give up parking space? senseless idea to any normal person but given what i have seen on here, anything is possible. i am sure there is plenty of room in the building for multiple stores but the parking has always been a problem there.

the building has roof problems as well. they keep putting band-aids on it much like they do our roads. eventually, a good winter storm will drop that ceiling like stacking pancakes.

just blow the darn thing up and start anew. the building is only an eyesore and holds no significant history with north adams from what i can see. if someone were to buy it, they would have to deal with extreme property costs. the darn thing is sitting adjacent to, yet another fail, MoCA. are MoCA visitors going to want to look at a bunch of redneck truckers?

you people on here come up with the dumbest crap. not saying that brainstorming isnt a good idea but i really see no thought put into them. there is dreams and there is reality. a truck stop might sound all sweet in thought, yet in realty, its still just a dream. the costs the new owners of the property would have to be taken into consideration. who else could afford such a building except the state? nobody in their right mind would attempt to do the needed repairs and pay the extreme high taxes on the property unless they were to make lots of money.

do you think a truck stop would produce enough business to pay for such property? if you have ever noticed, truck stops on major highways are usually on barren stretches of highway with literally squares of miles of parking space. you would be lucky to be able to park enough to fill even a simple small restaurant.

truck stop is ridiculous and so is this post.
cil

Warren, PA

#14 Jun 4, 2013
damn... i am in PA I am so stupid...lol..oh well, hey everyone just saying... HI..
chbpod

Narragansett, RI

#15 Jun 4, 2013
cil wrote:
damn... i am in PA I am so stupid...lol..oh well, hey everyone just saying... HI..
PA's loss is NA's gain
Crossfire 2

Pittsfield, MA

#16 Jun 4, 2013
Where did 1 go?
Would Never Work

Bradford, VT

#18 Jun 8, 2013
There are not enough trucks. This isn't Lee
chbpod

Narragansett, RI

#19 Jun 8, 2013
ok- how about a motorized wheelchair stop?
agree

North Adams, MA

#20 Jun 8, 2013
chbpod wrote:
ok- how about a motorized wheelchair stop?
Sell smokes and scratch tickets and a re-charging station and you could have something! When the rail trail is done people could come up from Adams!
cil

South Sutton, NH

#22 Jun 10, 2013
you must be JB111 he hate scooters...just look what he did for people for more then 20yrs...then he ran into the wrong person...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did Gilman steal 2 hr Question 3
News Documents in North Adams slaying: 'She wouldn't... 18 hr Cil 1
Bona trying to stop people from talking at coun... 20 hr Irate taxpayer 4
NAHA Thermostats 22 hr Irate taxpayer 33
News In wake of a brutal tragedy, friends remember t... Wed cil 17
Joe smith worst kind of nimby Jan 15 JHBJHBJKBJKBJKBGV... 3
News North Adams Water Well Below Lead,... Jan 14 Ozzie 24

Heath Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance