What's JB's #1 Reason to stop Conte S...

What's JB's #1 Reason to stop Conte School

Created by Carl61 on Feb 11, 2013

116 votes

Click on an option to vote

It wasn't his idea

Doesn't care, but hates Dick

It should be low income housing

He's not in charge

It's not named after him

Don't need it, kids are punks

Rather it be an OTB

Supports his pal Bob

Abandoned buildings are artsy

Boucher still has a developer for it

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Joke

North Adams, MA

#61 Feb 13, 2013
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
According to press clippigs Kennedy never got any money for Mohawk. Dispite what you may think North Adams is a good city with good people and it will recover. I have lived here all my life and North Adams always finds a way to survive dispite people like you. While I believe Barrett did a fantastic job I do hope Alcombright will start getting things done.
Despite people like me? I tell it like it is. Your school system is horrendous. There are no good jobs for anyone. More than half the revenue for the hospital come from Medicare and Medicaid. MCLA is run by the state. The real estate market is lousy. Crime is on the rise, and people who need some help fall into drug dependency. There are vacant houses, buildings, and churches throughout the City.

Barrett robbed Peter to pay Paul and acted like he was this fantastic fiscal manager. He ran the City's finances into the ground and is tarring Alcombright to distract attention from his own failures.

Your City pride is misplaced and useless.
Definitely

United States

#62 Feb 14, 2013
Go away praxis
Dude

Pittsfield, MA

#63 Feb 14, 2013
I signed the petition today at the post office. I wrote a fake name, but it made the guy happy.
chbpod

Narragansett, RI

#64 Feb 14, 2013
Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy...use eminent domain to take several properties along River Street and Chase Ave to create a park to complement the Porches and MocA. That the car wash and liquor store are still there is ridiculous.
Second, take the Sleepy's plaza, knock it down, and create green space with a water feature, skating pond, etc, and create some boutique retail/residential space along Eagle street.
Third, get the public safety building out of downtown, and build a new one along route 8.
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Will is not enough- you need big bucks that the city doesn't not have to do those things-- the public safety facility is going to come by DOJ order---take the old Walmart maybe---but there will be resistance to moving the fire station out of downttown--maybe keep it where it is- and move the police facility and lock up---that is not just plausible that may be a solution to the ADA compliance
Joke

North Adams, MA

#65 Feb 14, 2013
chbpod wrote:
<quoted text>
Will is not enough- you need big bucks that the city doesn't not have to do those things-- the public safety facility is going to come by DOJ order---take the old Walmart maybe---but there will be resistance to moving the fire station out of downttown--maybe keep it where it is- and move the police facility and lock up---that is not just plausible that may be a solution to the ADA compliance
There are oodles of stimulus funds for new public safety facilities, parks, etc. Why does the City not have an active economic development person? What does this person do? Buy flowers for Main Street?

North Adams needs a visionary, but practical, development project to attract investment and employers to the region. This small ball approach has borne no fruit whatsoever. The City Council could be easily sold on an ambitious project. Alcombright needs to lead, and stop worrying about what Barrett says at these meetings. He should deal with him for what he is...an annoying fly that needs to be swatted.
Definitely

United States

#66 Feb 14, 2013
Stop posting Praxis33

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Earl Persip III announces run for Pittsfield Ci... 2 hr Cops are Degenerates 1
News Three suspects held without bail after large dr... 2 hr Cops are Degenerates 1
Dukes sand and gravel 3 hr blueballs 6
June is freak pride month in NA 13 hr You cannot make t... 1
News Pittsfield raid nets 4 suspects, thousands in d... May 21 Grace Does Pittsf... 9
Good memories of North Adams (Oct '09) May 19 The public offender 302
News New North Adams Struggling to Recruit, Retain P... May 9 blueballs 8

Heath Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heath Mortgages