fed up 01201

North Adams, MA

#23 Jan 21, 2013
Why is it people are constantly discussing Jennifer Breen's FORMER habit of public (near) nudity and things of the like? This started as a conversation about cold elderly people?????
Further, She is gross (JB). Ugly face, saggy tits, yucky. She does not dance naked anymore for this reason I assume. Start focusing on her intelligence now....she has lost the rest. Well, she never had the face but she has lost what she did have. Let her be smart and do her jobs and stop with the rest.
Smart

Worcester, MA

#25 Jan 21, 2013
fed up 01201 wrote:
Why is it people are constantly discussing Jennifer Breen's FORMER habit of public (near) nudity and things of the like? This started as a conversation about cold elderly people?????
Further, She is gross (JB). Ugly face, saggy tits, yucky. She does not dance naked anymore for this reason I assume. Start focusing on her intelligence now....she has lost the rest. Well, she never had the face but she has lost what she did have. Let her be smart and do her jobs and stop with the rest.
You give her too much credit. She's a decent one trick attorney, but she isn't what I would call smart. She's mean, too.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#26 Jan 21, 2013
fed up 01201 wrote:
Why is it people are constantly discussing Jennifer Breen's FORMER habit of public (near) nudity and things of the like? This started as a conversation about cold elderly people?????
Further, She is gross (JB). Ugly face, saggy tits, yucky. She does not dance naked anymore for this reason I assume. Start focusing on her intelligence now....she has lost the rest. Well, she never had the face but she has lost what she did have. Let her be smart and do her jobs and stop with the rest.
Saggy Tits?? I thought all women had saggy tits-- if they didn't they would be called shoulder pads
commonsense

Westfield, MA

#27 Jan 22, 2013
ShiverInSilence, happens every year with very same complaints. of course its colder in the winter, what can one expect? the simple solution is to just put on something a little warmer. i do not see its all that cold in there at all. in fact, sometimes it has been terribly hot. as one other commenter had said, i too have seen them open their windows in the dead of winter.

i am quite sure its more in their mind its cold, when it is not. ever been in NARH? now that place is chilly. i would think they would be under the very same regulations regarding a healthy temperature controlled environment. its a well known fact the elderly can "feel" cold, when they are perfectly fine.

its winter, don't live in the north east if you don't like snow and cold. anyone that has lived here for a fair amount of time knows its not easy to heat your home and afford it too. most do just as suggested, put on something warm. the elderly are no exception, they can do this with little or no effort.

sympathy gets you nowhere, indeed it would only return you back to the very same point. its not mean or hateful to tell them put something on and stop your complaining. yes its cold! its winter lol.

as far as the regulated heat requirements, i couldnt begin to tell you what it is. i just know i cant afford to heat my house above 65 degrees. i dont mind putting on a sweater or light jacket while around the house.

them apartments are very affordable, many wish they could have it so easy, yet they still complain about everything. it may sound mean or it may sound cruel, but oh so true... old people love to complain about anything and everything. it gives them something to do and something to chat about. not that its a bad thing they converse and find something to keep them occupied, but that is likely the reason why nobody takes notice.

as far as the newspapers taking up such a story, you have to remember they are not only a private organization, but more so a business that needs interesting topics and articles. sorry to say but the complaints of people being cold in the winter just wont sell.

the highrise is very affordable and very reasonable on their heating and housing. for those who have to pay outrageous heating costs and rents, those are the ones that would appreciate such a thing. feeling sympathy for ones that take this for granted is not in play here. its not mean nor cruel, rather a good thing to have such a place.

go live in the less than desirable spots in north adams and tell me they have it so hard at the NAHA.

Since: Aug 12

Lynn, MA

#28 Jan 23, 2013
Well said......^
DPW Proud Wife

North Adams, MA

#29 Jan 23, 2013
Only thing I can say is there are elderly in those apartments that DO put on more clothing. I have been in an apartment there that is "chilly" during the day hours. We are suppose to take care of our elderly not chastise them for voicing what is bothering them! I agree that the apartments do drop below what they were told. I have seen this. I think NAHA should be checking into this and why it is dropping lower. Obviously something isnt right with that new heating system. I can offer a suggestion to help stay warmer and that is wear a hat. Just a little knitted hat that will help the heat stay in your body. It is know that your body heat escapes from your head and from your feet. When it gets too cold for me this is what I do and it certainly does help. Yes there are some people who complain just for the sake of complaining, but there are also the people who are truelly trying to express that something is not right. Please take these people seriously! I dont I'm probably going to get pounced on for my remarks, but so be it. Thank you.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#30 Jan 23, 2013
My mother-in-law lives in an elderly housing complex -this is her first winter there--and she says it's too hot and- as she did where she lived before- often opens the window a bit----not simply to cool off the room- but for fresh air---flu season-- bad air---I have no problem with that-- her problem now is that she can't get the window open---well in the past year she has broken her shoulder and fractured several vertebrae in her back and she;s 89 years old--maintenance is working on easing the window a bit---but I don;t like the steroeo type advanced here that all prople in subsidized housing are lay abouts - welfare queens eating bon bons all day---different people react to hot/cold differently---good grief I get it here--my wife is always cold--and she puts on more covers---hooded sweatshirts--and says turn up the heat-----she does have to take blood thinners (coumadin) to avoid blood clots)--she has always had the metabolism of that reptile that hawks insurance--as for me even with the thermostat set up---I am cold--and it is cold right now-- it's so cold that this morning I actually saw a Democrat put his hands into his own pockets
commonsense

Westfield, MA

#31 Jan 23, 2013
DPW Proud Wife, the best thing you could probably do is somehow document that the temperature drops below the regulated minimum. without evidence that it is indeed too cold its just your word vs theirs.

chbpod, nobody is saying they shouldnt be able to voice their grieves. they surely should be able to by using the proper avenues.

as for me, i really dont see that its all that cold in there. i know a few that live in there and i never heard them complain of the cold. maybe its isolated to a few apartments or certain section of the building. ill still say be happy with what you have because others have much less if anything at all. the only thing that could change that is if the environment was indeed unhealthy.

i also think the hat/cap/etc is an excellent idea. something on your head could sure help keeping you warm. for the concerned ones that have family in there, buy them some nice warm socks or slippers or such. at least for the time being they will be more comfortable. bring them some hot soup for lunch, or maybe a nice warm coffee when you visit them. there is probably a million things the family themselves can do to help out.

best thing i can say is document it and submit it to a higher authority. the NAHA in pittsfield is the central office for berkshire county. send them a letter along with some sort of documentation as well as the health dept.

hey, why not get with the age and post it on youtube? cant hurt to try as long as you get the message out there. not to say i wont buy the idea its truly cold/unhealthy in there until i see it for myself... and that.... i havent to date.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#32 Jan 23, 2013
commonsense wrote:
DPW Proud Wife, the best thing you could probably do is somehow document that the temperature drops below the regulated minimum. without evidence that it is indeed too cold its just your word vs theirs.
chbpod, nobody is saying they shouldnt be able to voice their grieves. they surely should be able to by using the proper avenues.
as for me, i really dont see that its all that cold in there. i know a few that live in there and i never heard them complain of the cold. maybe its isolated to a few apartments or certain section of the building. ill still say be happy with what you have because others have much less if anything at all. the only thing that could change that is if the environment was indeed unhealthy.
i also think the hat/cap/etc is an excellent idea. something on your head could sure help keeping you warm. for the concerned ones that have family in there, buy them some nice warm socks or slippers or such. at least for the time being they will be more comfortable. bring them some hot soup for lunch, or maybe a nice warm coffee when you visit them. there is probably a million things the family themselves can do to help out.
best thing i can say is document it and submit it to a higher authority. the NAHA in pittsfield is the central office for berkshire county. send them a letter along with some sort of documentation as well as the health dept.
hey, why not get with the age and post it on youtube? cant hurt to try as long as you get the message out there. not to say i wont buy the idea its truly cold/unhealthy in there until i see it for myself... and that.... i havent to date.
Christ, there are state regulations about this. The heat in winter needs to be at least 68 degrees. If that's not happening, then the people in the building have a right to complain. Do you idiots understand this? Is it that hard to find out? Get a clue and act. Morons.
Snookie

Bennington, VT

#33 Jan 24, 2013
Prickass do we add insomniac to the list of our shortcommings little dic man?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34 Jan 24, 2013
Snookie wrote:
Prickass do we add insomniac to the list of our shortcommings little dic man?
Hey... Wasn't it you that was complaining about rude people in Bennington?
commonsense

Westfield, MA

#35 Jan 28, 2013
Praxis could have chosen less impressive words to get the same point across but that might be asking a bit much. as rude as the comment might be, there is a point to it: act

proving it is indeed below state regulations is the only way to get anything done. talking about, as it has been every cold year now, will do nothing at all. get documentation, submit to authorities, and go from there. i still have yet to see anyone... ever... prove that it is(or has ever been) below the required minimum.

where is it? i dont see it(nor have i ever).

i'll say it again "be happy with what you got because others have much less or nothing at all"

beyond this point there is no need replying to this thread unless someone does the above, other than that, there is no point.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#36 Jan 28, 2013
no point in replying to this thread eh?---so you say--and you are what?? the village idiot??

Since: Aug 12

Peabody, MA

#37 Jan 28, 2013
chbpod wrote:
no point in replying to this thread eh?---so you say--and you are what?? the village idiot??
Commonsense...there is no college course for that.
commonsense

Westfield, MA

#38 Jan 29, 2013
chbpod, do you have something to contribute? something like proof the temperature is below the state minimum?

you fail to see the greater picture(mainly because you choose not to). if you cant produce the proof, how are you suppose to get anything done? i think its obvious you have nothing to offer(as you never have).

produce proof = problem solved

^^sher... i hope that math problem above isnt too hard for these guys(as if education was a bad thing).
commonsense

Westfield, MA

#39 Jan 29, 2013
well at least i got a laugh out of the "village" comment hahahaha. village? heheheh... huh? north adams is a village? eahahah i didnt know that... maybe the population truly has declined to that level.

couldnt resist laugh. makes me think of some jungle out in the middle of Africa where the monkeys are your neighbors and the gorillas are your friends, and you all live in a banana leaf hut. the topic is NAHA not Africa hehehehaahah.

village lol ehehe thats a good one.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#40 Jan 29, 2013
commonsense wrote:
well at least i got a laugh out of the "village" comment hahahaha. village? heheheh... huh? north adams is a village? eahahah i didnt know that... maybe the population truly has declined to that level.
couldnt resist laugh. makes me think of some jungle out in the middle of Africa where the monkeys are your neighbors and the gorillas are your friends, and you all live in a banana leaf hut. the topic is NAHA not Africa hehehehaahah.
village lol ehehe thats a good one.
commonsense I don't see the humor in laughing about a sensitive subject such as elderly people being cold. I find your remarks to be off-base. You are telling "us" to prove it, but they have taken temps in some of the apartments DURING THE DAY. The main problem is during the night. Wouldn't you agree that they should temp the apartments during the night when the temp drops below the 68 degree requirement?

Since: Nov 12

Adams, MA

#41 Jan 29, 2013
commonsense wrote:
well at least i got a laugh out of the "village" comment hahahaha. village? heheheh... huh? north adams is a village? eahahah i didnt know that... maybe the population truly has declined to that level.
couldnt resist laugh. makes me think of some jungle out in the middle of Africa where the monkeys are your neighbors and the gorillas are your friends, and you all live in a banana leaf hut. the topic is NAHA not Africa hehehehaahah.
village lol ehehe thats a good one.
The common expression "village idiot" in no way refers to the size of the community. It is a term used to refer to one who might be considered too limited in their intellect to understand something very basic. So, commonsense, your lack of understanding of this expression might qualify you as worthy of the title.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#42 Jan 29, 2013
commonsense wrote:
chbpod, do you have something to contribute? something like proof the temperature is below the state minimum?
you fail to see the greater picture(mainly because you choose not to). if you cant produce the proof, how are you suppose to get anything done? i think its obvious you have nothing to offer(as you never have).
produce proof = problem solved
^^sher... i hope that math problem above isnt too hard for these guys(as if education was a bad thing).
The point is that you said that there was no point in your posting on this thread unless soemone had something to contribute along the lines of proof that the heat was falling below 68 degrees----and here you are posting---I just wanted to get proof of another thing--and I have- you are the Village Idiot
this is ludacris

Adams, MA

#44 Jan 29, 2013
alot of the elderly have bought thermometers and put them in their apartments and a pretty good percentage of them say 61 degrees and a few said 59 degrees and i know this for a fact because my grandmother lives there and i saw the readings with my own eyes so yeah housing should step up and fix the problem,the state has no problem providing rides for junkies and checks for people with no disabilities except that they are lazy!so why can they not provide heat???cause their workers are dumb lazy jerks who dont care about their jobs just their pay,well if they cant do the job then maybe they should cut their pay until its fixed,i bet it gets done real quick if that were to happen!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Marriage 23 hr cil 1
Harley Riders Should be Ticketed for Disturbing... (Mar '09) Sun Homer Simpson 467
Dog Parks in North Adams (Jun '09) Jun 27 Cil 14
Reservoir Dogs vs Clarksburg Jun 27 Cil 20
Is Oz dead Jun 25 Ghost of Ozzie 18
someone gets there way Jun 25 cil 4
Skating Rink Director (Feb '13) Jun 25 cil 12
More from around the web

Heath People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Heath Mortgages