patching the roads
city

North Adams, MA

#1 Apr 17, 2013
well, I must say this is pathetic!! 3 city yard workers to patch potholes? Are you ppl serious? Wmst. does this same work, and guess what? U got it! No, way on your best day do we get 3 to do this!!So, you workers really have it sweet. Enough said!!
up down 123

North Adams, MA

#2 Apr 18, 2013
city wrote:
well, I must say this is pathetic!! 3 city yard workers to patch potholes? Are you ppl serious? Wmst. does this same work, and guess what? U got it! No, way on your best day do we get 3 to do this!!So, you workers really have it sweet. Enough said!!
The North Adams city workers really no how to strum the banjo. At your expence they would never make it in the real world.
Pete

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Cheshire is the same way! Plus their buget has been increased. Selectwoman says, Road super has a mile long list of things he'd like to purchsae. What a joke!! Funny thing is the roads etc. never really change.
Better

Huntington, MA

#5 Apr 20, 2013
They are getting better, but by Dunkin it is still an issue
DPW Proud Wife

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Apr 21, 2013
My husband earns hie money, you liars! He only drinks for three hours of his shift now instead of six! So shut up!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2013
DPW Proud Wife wrote:
My husband earns hie money, you liars! He only drinks for three hours of his shift now instead of six! So shut up!
so you are so jealous that you want to be now? Well go right ahead and I can sit back and laugh at YOUR expense!
bad streets

Westfield, MA

#9 Apr 23, 2013
I have a good size pothole in front of my house sence last summer. the city patched a hole 30 feet away. they must not been told to patch this one. its a joke.
DPW Proud Mistress

Pittsfield, MA

#10 Apr 23, 2013
I love your husband, too. He complains a lot about you, but otherwise he's a fun fellow.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 25, 2013
DPW Proud Mistress wrote:
I love your husband, too. He complains a lot about you, but otherwise he's a fun fellow.
I am so very glad for you new couple! Enjoy each other until the end!
mike

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Apr 25, 2013
I take issue with those who criticized our DPW! They work hard for less $ than they could get elsewhere. They put in many hours during some of the most extreme weather, freezing cold and hot humid days. They are always friendly.
You lie

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Apr 25, 2013
mike wrote:
They work hard for less $ than they could get elsewhere.
That's a big, fat f ucking lie. Name one place that would hire them at a higher wage.

We're waiting, numb nuts.
mike

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Apr 25, 2013
You lie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a big, fat f ucking lie. Name one place that would hire them at a higher wage.
We're waiting, numb nuts.
Have any idea what other drivers and heavy equipment operators make at some of these construction compaines make? SMI for one was looking for operators in the quarry. Pay was better! Numb Nuts!
You lie

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Apr 25, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any idea what other drivers and heavy equipment operators make at some of these construction compaines make? SMI for one was looking for operators in the quarry. Pay was better! Numb Nuts!
A temporary wage for a temporary job doesn't count, numb nuts. Plus, on those jobs a lazy sack of shlt gets fired. On the town job he gets promoted. Numb nuts.
bad streets

Springfield, MA

#16 Apr 25, 2013
mike wrote:
I take issue with those who criticized our DPW! They work hard for less $ than they could get elsewhere. They put in many hours during some of the most extreme weather, freezing cold and hot humid days. They are always friendly.
than let them go elsewhere,some one will be happy to take there job.
Learn to Read

Williamstown, MA

#17 Apr 30, 2013
up down 123 wrote:
<quoted text>The North Adams city workers really no how to strum the banjo. At your expence they would never make it in the real world.
*know
*expense
Bob

North Adams, MA

#18 May 5, 2013
and can I remind folks, that most jobs you have to have a clean record? These guys ( some) are dam lucky to have that job!! They know who they are. I got buddies, that tried to get in years ago.So, be thankful you have a steady job.( pay must not be to shabby. they spare no expense, going in and out of xtra mart, dunkins, mcdonalds,( in our city trucks!) which is our tax dollars in gas all day long! Why not park them trucks, take your own cars for breaks, and lunch? Care to explain? and work hard? not ALL the time.Cold weather? Last I knew thats o.t. pay!! and its not mandatory. Correct?
How does any of our tax dollar hard working ppl feel about this?!
lies

Cummington, MA

#19 May 6, 2013
dpw doesn't care about your towns as much as they should. The just want the paycheck
pathetic

North Adams, MA

#20 May 15, 2013
Mike talk about numb nuts!!! You are just lucky you have that job. Right? Take back your post. I think you should be thankful! What did you do for work prior to this job? and why did you have to leave that job? Some of us, do recall!!
simpleminded

Springfield, MA

#21 May 15, 2013
if they did the job properly in the first place, they wouldnt have to fix it so often. they leave boulders and large rocks under the roads so when winter comes, the darn things only heave and break the surface. its poor handling of city fund to go the cheap route and in the long run, costing more than if you did it right to begin with.

any carpenter knows: measure twice, cut once

whomever is responsible for approving the work is at fault, its not necessarily the workers themselves as most are just laborers and not contractors.

measure costs twice, do job once and stop wasting tax payers money on never-ending projects. if this is a way to make work for themselves, they sure as hell are doing a wonderful job.

i have seen countless times they patch the roads just before winter, and the very first snow storm, the plows rip it all to hell. whats the sense of doing it in the first place? public safety i would suppose. so its a bandaid and they can say they tried. i have been to many large cities with much more traffic than north adams will ever see in even a 10 year period vs their 1 year. those roads last for a decade where our roads are lucky to last 1 maybe 2 years if lucky.

do it right the first time numbnuts.
arpee

North Adams, MA

#23 Jun 15, 2013
I wonder when the city is going to hold the contractor who has been doing the underground cable job responsible for properly repairing the roads they have been digging up? The job they have done repaving the trenches is totally unacceptable. They represent major hazards, especially to motorcyclists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBCC Director Adam Hinds Making Run for... (Feb '16) 9 hr cops are degener... 9
News Drug charges for North Adams woman who had hero... Aug 21 junkies are scum 5
News North Adams man charged with reckless endangerm... Aug 21 Pat 37
News Methadone clinic eyeing move from Summer Street... Aug 14 cops are degener... 1
annabelle Aug 14 After to M 5
Trucks at Curtis Fine Paper (Oct '09) Aug 11 elizabeth6464 7
News Speaker: Youth vote - crucial' to presidential ... Aug 10 mar 1

Heath Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heath Mortgages