North Adams Housing Authority gets be...

North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs under control

There are 45 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Mar 17, 2010, titled North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs under control. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

North Adams Housing Authority officials say they have a so-called infestation of bed bugs at the high-rise and low-rise apartments under control, having taken multiple steps to educate the residents about the problem and eliminate the bugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

soooo stupid

Schenectady, NY

#26 Mar 23, 2010
bed bugs wrote:
<quoted text>Keeping on top of news is one thing, commenting on gossip is another. If you would have done your job right the first time this would not be happening. While you are doing your job why don't you fix the sidewalk out in front of the NAHA before someone gets hurt.Oh that's right you don't come in the front door, so it does not effect you.
The city is responsible for sidewalks. Get a clue ignorant people!! At least she is professional enough to not insult people. Oh wait, hard to do that when none of you show your true identity. Must be you have something to hide also. hint hint
Just Curious

Lenox, MA

#27 Mar 23, 2010
soooo stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
The city is responsible for sidewalks. Get a clue ignorant people!! At least she is professional enough to not insult people. Oh wait, hard to do that when none of you show your true identity. Must be you have something to hide also. hint hint
I am just curious what this person has to hide, Jennifer? It looks like Ms. Hahn is back blogging again.
duh

Troy, NY

#28 Mar 25, 2010
soooo stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
no kidding however it is her responsiblity to inform the city of the sidewalk and she has not.
John Barton

Lady Lake, FL

#29 Jun 10, 2013
Please see the following information regarding BED BUG FIX, formulated by a renowned chemists and inventor, specifically to kill and repel bed bugs.Bed Bug Fix is 100 % natural, non- flammable, non-staining, non-toxic, bio-degradable, safe to use around children and pets. It has a pleasant botanical scent, is EPA 25B EXEMPT-FDA GRAS, is ready to use, easy to apply, and is safe for use on water sensitive materials.Take care and have a great week!

3RD PARTY TESTING AND KILL VALIDATIONS AVAILABLE IN THE RESOURCE CENTER ON THE WEBSITE

http://bedbugfix.com/
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#30 Jun 10, 2013
John Barton wrote:
Please see the following information regarding BED BUG FIX, formulated by a renowned chemists and inventor, specifically to kill and repel bed bugs.Bed Bug Fix is 100 % natural, non- flammable, non-staining, non-toxic, bio-degradable, safe to use around children and pets. It has a pleasant botanical scent, is EPA 25B EXEMPT-FDA GRAS, is ready to use, easy to apply, and is safe for use on water sensitive materials.Take care and have a great week!
3RD PARTY TESTING AND KILL VALIDATIONS AVAILABLE IN THE RESOURCE CENTER ON THE WEBSITE
http://bedbugfix.com/
Does it do anything for the CilBug
cil

Saratoga Springs, NY

#31 Jun 10, 2013
I am more like a tic. hard to get rid of don't multiply as fast as bed bugs
you said it

Williamstown, MA

#32 Jun 10, 2013
cil wrote:
yeh, and you suck the host's blood til you're so fat and gorged you just fall off. Seems like you should have fallen off years ago.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#33 Jun 10, 2013
cil wrote:
You have done enough multiplying in spite of your tic
cil

Saratoga Springs, NY

#34 Jun 10, 2013
ya, thank you...those tic a nasty bugs...you can die from them powerful little creeps
ewww

North Adams, MA

#35 Jun 10, 2013
You should see how dirty the high rise is. Smells like piss. Laundry room is disgusting. Hohn doesn't care.
doubt it

North Adams, MA

#36 Jun 11, 2013
ewww wrote:
You should see how dirty the high rise is. Smells like piss. Laundry room is disgusting. Hohn doesn't care.
I'll bet she cares! I'll also bet that she and everyone else who works there wishes there weren't people pissing in the halls! Just because they pay rent doesn't mean people don't need to clean up behind themselves in the laundry room too! If the residents showed any pride for their home, these problems wouldn't exist! Stop blaming someone and look in the mirror people!
jennyhohn

North Adams, MA

#37 Jun 11, 2013
doubt it wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet she cares! I'll also bet that she and everyone else who works there wishes there weren't people pissing in the halls! Just because they pay rent doesn't mean people don't need to clean up behind themselves in the laundry room too! If the residents showed any pride for their home, these problems wouldn't exist! Stop blaming someone and look in the mirror people!
Please stop trying to make me work. I have to take another picture of myself!! And then I will be hiding in my office pretending to work.
FreeEnterprise

North Adams, MA

#38 Jun 11, 2013
cnilling
sanitary_wipes

Westfield, MA

#39 Jun 11, 2013
Jennifer Hohn wrote:
can't be more obvious a poser.

such a lame example of how to start trouble with someone indirectly, so you pose as if you were her. shall i take a stab at whom i think is doing this? for me, its not very hard to know just whom you are poser.

New York City had been plagued with bed bugs some time ago. i do believe the reason given why it went so rampant is because of improper disposal of discarded tenant mattresses. ever wonder why that tag is on the mattress? well you've guessed it.

bed bugs can lay dormant for quite a long time, up to a year or more in some cases. they can transferred in many different ways from other locations such as boxes packed up from previous location. the only way i ever heard of them being killed is by way of poison, but there may be a green-way of killing them. killing them successfully would take multiple treatments. its not just a one time poison them and they are gone.

maybe the NAHA should notify residents of how they are obtained and how not to get them. things such as accepting old furniture and especially mattresses. items in which someone may sit in for long periods of time are the most likely candidates.

as for me, i would NEVER accept anyone's old mattresses.... ewww how gross the thought. i would rather sleep on the floor than sleep on someones old mattress. just about any upholstery can hold the bugs for way longer than many would ever think. aside the obvious "ewwww what the hell is that strain from", do you really know what that stain is? not going further than that as you should have already figured out where i was going.

stop being dusting and taking on old mattresses you gross people
sanitary_wipes

Westfield, MA

#40 Jun 11, 2013
lolz wrote:
wtf, mods deleted my post....freedom of speach
you should know your right to free speech here is limited only to the discretion of Topix. stop being a damn moron thinking you can say whatever you wish. you are not god nor are you a king or queen for that matter. this is not your kingdom and you have no rights here. now get a grip on life as you have no clue you are living. this is a private entity and Topix can do whatever they wish. if you don't like it, you know where the door is... that little X in the corner of your screen should suffice.

p.s. please learn to spell SPEECH you uneducated fool.
Pffft

Northampton, MA

#41 Jun 12, 2013
sanitary_wipes wrote:
<quoted text>
you should know your right to free speech here is limited only to the discretion of Topix. stop being a damn moron thinking you can say whatever you wish. you are not god nor are you a king or queen for that matter. this is not your kingdom and you have no rights here. now get a grip on life as you have no clue you are living. this is a private entity and Topix can do whatever they wish. if you don't like it, you know where the door is... that little X in the corner of your screen should suffice.
p.s. please learn to spell SPEECH you uneducated fool.
Please learn to spell? That's funny. Go back and look at your previous post "Sanitary". You need to use a spell check yourself. While you are at it, learn a little about grammar and punctuation. You seem to like to attack people, calling names and attempting to make others feel ignorant. You need to check yourself first. You are not good enough to judge anyone here.
drunkBishop

Westfield, MA

#42 Jun 12, 2013
Pffft wrote:
<quoted text>
Please learn to spell? That's funny. Go back and look at your previous post "Sanitary". You need to use a spell check yourself.
such childish ways, how do you make it through life?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/san...

first tag
"1: of or relating to health <sanitary measures> "

simplicity child....

tell me i spelled and or implied something that was anything other than intended. go back to school child, i have already been there and back many times already.

no individual pun intended but some of the residents there are utterly despicable and truly disgusting. they have no idea of what cleanliness really is. no personal attack on any one individual, but the ones that know, know that their neighbors could be doing better.

its pretty bad you can say its localized when in all reality it is a wide-ranged problem. once out of control, it becomes rampant, and takes over very quickly. even then, it could very well be from outsiders, and just one visit to an unclean environment you can expose the whole wrath to your own building.

ever heard of lice? well then you would know how easily it is transmitted from one household to the next.

i don't need to be the one to train you in what the NAHA should already be telling you. look at the tag on the mattress and know why the hell it is there.

i still say... only gross or very desperate people would ever sleep in a bed who knows who ever slept in.
Wondering_1

Schenectady, NY

#43 Jun 13, 2013
drunkBishop says, "i still say... only gross or very desperate people would ever sleep in a bed who knows who ever slept in."

Travel much? Avoiding hotels must be a challenge!
cil

Saratoga Springs, NY

#45 Jun 13, 2013
MOTELS have lots of BED BUGS... I travel everywhere and I sleep on top of the bed cause you never know whats under those sheets...
Not Bob

North Adams, MA

#46 Jun 13, 2013
cil wrote:
MOTELS have lots of BED BUGS... I travel everywhere and I sleep on top of the bed cause you never know whats under those sheets...
I know, it could be you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Marriage 12 hr cil 1
Harley Riders Should be Ticketed for Disturbing... (Mar '09) Sun Homer Simpson 467
Dog Parks in North Adams (Jun '09) Sat Cil 14
Reservoir Dogs vs Clarksburg Sat Cil 20
Is Oz dead Jun 25 Ghost of Ozzie 18
someone gets there way Jun 25 cil 4
Skating Rink Director (Feb '13) Jun 25 cil 12
More from around the web

Heath People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Heath Mortgages