North Adams Housing Authority gets be...

North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs under control

There are 45 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Mar 17, 2010, titled North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs under control. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

North Adams Housing Authority officials say they have a so-called infestation of bed bugs at the high-rise and low-rise apartments under control, having taken multiple steps to educate the residents about the problem and eliminate the bugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pure North Adams

West Springfield, MA

#1 Mar 17, 2010
Ahhhh yes...the wonders of section 8 and the biggest taxpayer scam of all time cradle to grave welfare. Why was the Ashland St high rise turned from a nice elderly housing project to a welfare rat nest? Are we to believe that the mayor who practiced total control over every aspect of life in North Adams couldn't have prevented this from happening? Don't start with the federal housing lie because the sign out fron very clearly says North Adams Housing Authority.
High rise tenent

Wynantskill, NY

#3 Mar 17, 2010
This situation should have been delt with when it fist happened in December. There are many wonderful clean people who do reside there and it is a shame that the housing authority pussy footed around and did not informed their tenents when it first happened. Had they done their jobs correctly and delt with the situation in December they would not have the infestation they have now. Now it is too late and all they gained by this is panic among the people who have to live there, Great job NORTH ADAMS HOUSING AUTHORITY (sarcasm)
OKK

Agawam, MA

#6 Mar 17, 2010
Pure North Adams wrote:
Ahhhh yes...the wonders of section 8 and the biggest taxpayer scam of all time cradle to grave welfare. Why was the Ashland St high rise turned from a nice elderly housing project to a welfare rat nest? Are we to believe that the mayor who practiced total control over every aspect of life in North Adams couldn't have prevented this from happening? Don't start with the federal housing lie because the sign out fron very clearly says North Adams Housing Authority.

Some people are SO uneducated... Bed bugs are EVERYWHERE... rich, poor. GET a clue.
It has nothing to do with low income LOSER! you people always gotta bring up something about the mayor or "welfare rats" do research there is NO WAY to prevent them!!
Wow

Bradenton, FL

#7 Mar 17, 2010
I agree with OKK. I stayed at the Fairmont Le Frontenac in Quebec City--gorgeous hotel, but we had bed bugs. The hotel was great & gave us a suite. Bed bugs have nothing to do with cleanliness.
fed up

Newburyport, MA

#9 Mar 17, 2010
Adams has it's share of low life bum and bumetts also. This country has become too soft where we hae to take care of everyone because they think it's their god given right to live a certain lifestyle regardless if they work for it or not. There's no reason to have an elderly person working at Big Y or McDonalds working and see 20 and 30 year olds sitting on their front porches drinking or smoking all afternoon after sleeping till 2:00. It's time to let people go hungry and homeless unless they can prove that their making a REAL attempt at self suffecency.
From Williamstown

Williamstown, MA

#10 Mar 17, 2010
fed up wrote:
Adams has it's share of low life bum and bumetts also. This country has become too soft where we hae to take care of everyone because they think it's their god given right to live a certain lifestyle regardless if they work for it or not. There's no reason to have an elderly person working at Big Y or McDonalds working and see 20 and 30 year olds sitting on their front porches drinking or smoking all afternoon after sleeping till 2:00. It's time to let people go hungry and homeless unless they can prove that their making a REAL attempt at self suffecency.
Well stated, I agree.
points taken

Gloversville, NY

#12 Mar 17, 2010
lolz wrote:
<quoted text>
actually i did go to school and college, and right now sitting in my office not doing sh^t and making money....works for me
So ... you must be a government worker, there in New York? One who rails against handouts? Your job must be a handout.
Hard Dude

Ashfield, MA

#13 Mar 17, 2010
topex gave a RED LETTER warning not to use profanity or be insulting, because it's not nice, on posting the previous post.

Gosh! computers are so sensitive these days.
fed-up

Hinsdale, MA

#14 Mar 17, 2010
fed up wrote:
you could'nt say that any better..I agree with you a 100%
yet another lie

Wynantskill, NY

#15 Mar 17, 2010
"we werent informed of the problem at first because the tenamt thought it was because of unsanitary conditions" well thats a lie, NAHA was informed of this in december.
"She said the issue, which has been identified and contained in each building, has been blown out of proportion by former tenants" thats another lie the only reason a letter was writting to the editor of the news paper is because knowbody would listen and nothing was done about it untill it hit the papers." It really put tenants at ease" another lie, the tenants are not at ease they are very worried about this situation, but are afraid to speak up. What about all the people who cant see very well and dont realize they have bed bugs. I heard that the housing authority is only going to treat apartments when a tenant asks.So if you cant see well enough to realize you might have bed bugs, nothing will be done and the problem will continue untill every single apartment is checked. great reporting however Jennifer Huberdeau has been lied to. I think Jennifer Heberdeau should go and ask the tenants themselves what has been going on.Then the truth will come out and NAHA will be caught in yet another lie.Com e on people stand up for your rights and let the real truth come out.Remember this started in december, why has it taken so long to find out about it? Why were the tentants in the dark untill now?
From Cheshire

Queensbury, NY

#16 Mar 17, 2010
How were these bed bugs exterminated and is it still safe for the people to lie on their mattresses? Just wondering
NA citizen

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Mar 17, 2010
yet another lie wrote:
"we werent informed of the problem at first because the tenamt thought it was because of unsanitary conditions" well thats a lie, NAHA was informed of this in december.
"She said the issue, which has been identified and contained in each building, has been blown out of proportion by former tenants" thats another lie the only reason a letter was writting to the editor of the news paper is because knowbody would listen and nothing was done about it untill it hit the papers." It really put tenants at ease" another lie, the tenants are not at ease they are very worried about this situation, but are afraid to speak up. What about all the people who cant see very well and dont realize they have bed bugs. I heard that the housing authority is only going to treat apartments when a tenant asks.So if you cant see well enough to realize you might have bed bugs, nothing will be done and the problem will continue untill every single apartment is checked. great reporting however Jennifer Huberdeau has been lied to. I think Jennifer Heberdeau should go and ask the tenants themselves what has been going on.Then the truth will come out and NAHA will be caught in yet another lie.Com e on people stand up for your rights and let the real truth come out.Remember this started in december, why has it taken so long to find out about it? Why were the tentants in the dark untill now?
Not true , at the meeting they did state they are making a list of the tenants that have difficulty seeing and their apartments will be routinely inspected.(I was there) I think they are doing all they can under the circumstances. It's difficult to prevent people from dumpster diving and spreading them to other people as a result. Tenants need to be responsible also.
E Quincy Street

Williamstown, MA

#18 Mar 18, 2010
Well Jennifer Hohn can't seem to take care of the highrise or her family. maybe she should be a good mother and stay home with her kids. It seems like there is way too much pressure for her at work and try to take care of a sick husband and her being sick too. lets get real here. she is not making it at home or work she should just stay home more trhen she does now. we pay for all those sick days of hers and then the days she just leaves housing. go by there anytime and she has left for personal reasons. and she makes $70000 a year
Jennifer Hohn

Schenectady, NY

#19 Mar 18, 2010
E Quincy Street wrote:
Well Jennifer Hohn can't seem to take care of the highrise or her family. maybe she should be a good mother and stay home with her kids. It seems like there is way too much pressure for her at work and try to take care of a sick husband and her being sick too. lets get real here. she is not making it at home or work she should just stay home more trhen she does now. we pay for all those sick days of hers and then the days she just leaves housing. go by there anytime and she has left for personal reasons. and she makes $70000 a year
First off, I do not make 70k a year, go check it is public record. Secondly, I devote well over 40 hours weekly to my job. I spend every other available minute with my children whom I love more than anything, hence the reason I work so hard for them. If you would like to make a personal attack against me and my family, please post your name. Furthermore, gain some knowledge on the topics in which you are responding to. You are severely misinformed and as I interpret a bit angry and jealous, why?
lolz

Medford, MA

#20 Mar 18, 2010
wtf, mods deleted my post....freedom of speach
Why

West Springfield, MA

#21 Mar 18, 2010
Jennifer Hohn wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I do not make 70k a year, go check it is public record. Secondly, I devote well over 40 hours weekly to my job. I spend every other available minute with my children whom I love more than anything, hence the reason I work so hard for them. If you would like to make a personal attack against me and my family, please post your name. Furthermore, gain some knowledge on the topics in which you are responding to. You are severely misinformed and as I interpret a bit angry and jealous, why?
Why ? Because the idiot is just another North Adams _sshole and a welfare rat that's why.
On Company Time

Wynantskill, NY

#22 Mar 18, 2010
Jennifer Hohn wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be working, not commenting on the topix forum on company time and tax payers money shut your computer off and do your job, make your comments on your time not ours. DUH
Jennifer Hohn

Pittsfield, MA

#23 Mar 18, 2010
On Company Time wrote:
<quoted text>you should be working, not commenting on the topix forum on company time and tax payers money shut your computer off and do your job, make your comments on your time not ours. DUH
Keeping on top of the news affecting this agency is my job, especially when it concerns tenant feedback. My committment to North Adams Housing far exceeds the normal hours of operations. Please keep your comments positive and strictly to the subject. If you would like to schedule a time to meet to discuss your dissatisfaction with my performance I would be more than happy to meet with you.
E Quincy Street

Williamstown, MA

#24 Mar 20, 2010
Ok then I will go to city council tuesday and ask them if blogging is part of your job description. If you weren't so close (get the hint) to Matt Neville one could ask him but then again I guess we can't.
bed bugs

Williamstown, MA

#25 Mar 21, 2010
Jennifer Hohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping on top of the news affecting this agency is my job, especially when it concerns tenant feedback. My committment to North Adams Housing far exceeds the normal hours of operations. Please keep your comments positive and strictly to the subject. If you would like to schedule a time to meet to discuss your dissatisfaction with my performance I would be more than happy to meet with you.
Keeping on top of news is one thing, commenting on gossip is another. If you would have done your job right the first time this would not be happening. While you are doing your job why don't you fix the sidewalk out in front of the NAHA before someone gets hurt.Oh that's right you don't come in the front door, so it does not effect you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four arrested in cocaine, heroin bust (Feb '09) 2 hr Ron Cellana 94
New school Thu not close 6
News Vt. child support worker accused of selling drugs Wed carly 1
I love Jeff Richards Wed not cill and not ... 2
News Lewis Lent evidence search at Greylock Glen end... Jul 29 Praxis33 17
Reservoir Dogs vs Clarksburg Jul 26 Cil 45
Cil from NY Jul 23 Bender 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heath Mortgages