Who do you support for Governor in Ne...
alice

Los Angeles, CA

#938 May 15, 2012
I am a nice Democrat to guide us through the Bush recession and endless wars
colored pages

Lincoln, NE

#939 May 15, 2012
Ralph Spoilsport wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see how your post is pertinent to mine. Did you get confused?
I expect the government to perform far fewer services than you.

The one service they perform that I find the most offensive is that of wasting and squandering at least 50% of what they take in.

Now since you are a fan of going back in time when it comes to tax rates, I’ll one up you on that.

Let us not go back to the Clinton era…..let us go back to the rates of 1913.
alice

Omaha, NE

#940 May 15, 2012
i am ralph spoilssports dauter

“Look at all the piggies”

Since: Sep 07

with their piggy wives....

#941 May 15, 2012
alice wrote:
No.
You're not.
None of my kids are retarded.
citizen Karen C

Lincoln, NE

#942 May 15, 2012
alice wrote:
I am from Wisconsin and my younger brother is friends with the people who fell through the lake pier. Just to answer your question, these kids are probably mostly conservative because Oconomowoc, WI is located in the right leaning Waukesha County.

#943 May 15, 2012
colored pages wrote:
<quoted text>I expect the government to perform far fewer services than you.
The one service they perform that I find the most offensive is that of wasting and squandering at least 50% of what they take in.
Now since you are a fan of going back in time when it comes to tax rates, I’ll one up you on that.
Let us not go back to the Clinton era…..let us go back to the rates of 1913.
1913. That'd be a good way to finish the country off.
What were the tax rates in 1917? Why did the top rate go so high? To pay for a war we were finally getting into.
Today we have two wars that were never funded until Obama took office. That accounts for most of the deficit during his term. That and Bush's unfunded Medicare drug plan. The devious plan that left the government forbidden from bargaining with drug companies for lower prices. A multi billion dollar windfall for the companies and a giant screwing for us.
The good old days of 1913 sucked if you worked for a living. If you were poor, female or black 1913 was just another degrading grind. Old people went hungry. Lived on the streets until they died of exposure. No safety rules for miners or other workers. Piss poor schools. The few roads we had were hazardous on good days. Most of America was still without electricity. If you were rich enough to buy meat, you'd be eating something that came from a filthy charnel house, because there was no USDA. 1913 might sound great to crazy people and right wingnuts but the majority does not agree.
gnarly hardwood

Lincoln, NE

#944 May 16, 2012
to hell with 1913 and 1917! I remember the stories my Great-Grand Father would tell about being in the Army in 1915, and patroling American Border with Mexican.

If the Bandits would raid on the American side of the Border, the Army would go into Mexico to get them. If they caught them on the U.S. side of the Border, they hung them right there……
updated

Lincoln, NE

#945 May 16, 2012
Ralph Spoilsport wrote:
<quoted text>1913. That'd be a good way to finish the country off.
What were the tax rates in 1917? Why did the top rate go so high? To pay for a war we were finally getting into.
Today we have two wars that were never funded until Obama took office. That accounts for most of the deficit during his term. That and Bush's unfunded Medicare drug plan. The devious plan that left the government forbidden from bargaining with drug companies for lower prices. A multi billion dollar windfall for the companies and a giant screwing for us.
The good old days of 1913 sucked if you worked for a living. If you were poor, female or black 1913 was just another degrading grind. Old people went hungry. Lived on the streets until they died of exposure. No safety rules for miners or other workers. Piss poor schools. The few roads we had were hazardous on good days. Most of America was still without electricity. If you were rich enough to buy meat, you'd be eating something that came from a filthy charnel house, because there was no USDA. 1913 might sound great to crazy people and right wingnuts but the majority does not agree.
My grandfather (passed away in ‘41) was 1st Cav. down there. I would always ask my father how grandpa had a huge fishing lure with Mexico 19XX (I want to say 18) hanging over his workbench. That front was considered a big threat in WWI.

Fast forward to one of my favorite caps. I bought it in my favorite vacation destination. It has embroidered on the crown portion of the cap…”Cancun Mexico, Since 1972&#8243;. I wonder if Cancun is disturbed by us “occupying” their beaches and bringing our dollar with us? Glenn has the actual dates and times, we can provide the emotional, as the book writer was talking about near the end of Glenn’s radio show today.
Blister Femur

Lincoln, NE

#946 May 16, 2012
Hopefully that’s a joke since the vast majority in Mexico love the U.S. and want to live by the law. It’s only a few, heavily armed, bad guys causing the problems. You might want to leave the innocent ones alone you Andrew Jackson wannabe
totally stupid

Lincoln, NE

#947 May 16, 2012
I am a fifth generation Texan and actually educated in history. In about the 12th century anno Domini (AD) the Aztecs invaded from what is now Arizona and conquered central México, where they established one of the most horrific and primitive reigns of blood-letting worship, female abuse, slave owning, sexual exploitation, and human skin-flaying ever observed in the history of humanity. So those whining about being invaded, first invaded others. The Spaniards, revolted to the core by their now widely demeaned religion, stopped all this and brought the country into the realm of civilized man. After México won her independence, she “ruled” Tejas for ONLY 15 YEARS AT MOST, and even during this time Mexicans shunned moving to Texas and refused to come. Texas revolted against a proven, genocidal maniac dictator who made up his own fake “marriage” laws to rape young women and who not only was dedicated to the ethnic genocidal cleansing of the Texans but also carried out similar acts against his own Native American citizens. After he legally granted the independence of Texas, México betrayed this and precipitated a war. At the conclusion, the U.S. withdrew from central México and gave substantial war reimbursement, an act almost unheard of in other countries at the time. Texans created Texas, and we will keep it.
gnarly hardwood

Lincoln, NE

#948 May 16, 2012
to he!! with 1913 and 1917! I remember the stories my Great-Grand Father would tell about being in the Army in 1915, and patroling American Border with Mexican.

If the Bandits would raid on the American side of the Border, the Army would go into Mexico to get them. If they caught them on the U.S. side of the Border, they hung them right there……
virgo

Lincoln, NE

#949 May 16, 2012
Ralph Spoilsport wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see how your post is pertinent to mine. Did you get confused?
The reason we conservatives must keep things like this a secret is because lIberals don’t have enough class to fill a thimble. You know they would have tried to disrupt this wonderful event even though conservatives would never do that to a *******. By the way charles in jail, the only ones that lost money with that crazy boycott were the morons who stopped advertizing on his show. His add rates have gone up because those idiots got him another couple million listeners, and lost millions of dollars for themselves. Believe me we all like the fact that he lives rent free in your heads. BTW one of the reasons we NEVER try to silence you is because when you speak you expose to everyone exactly who you are and we love it. God bless Rush Limbaugh and America.

#950 May 16, 2012
virgo wrote:
<quoted text>The reason we conservatives must keep things like this a secret is because lIberals don’t have enough class to fill a thimble. You know they would have tried to disrupt this wonderful event even though conservatives would never do that to a *******. By the way charles in jail, the only ones that lost money with that crazy boycott were the morons who stopped advertizing on his show. His add rates have gone up because those idiots got him another couple million listeners, and lost millions of dollars for themselves. Believe me we all like the fact that he lives rent free in your heads. BTW one of the reasons we NEVER try to silence you is because when you speak you expose to everyone exactly who you are and we love it. God bless Rush Limbaugh and America.
May Limbaugh rot, here on Earth. On the radio, with a live video feed.
You can keep yourself busy trying to suck yourself off until the Rapture comes.
The Chong Man

Lincoln, NE

#951 May 17, 2012
Ralph Spoilsport wrote:
<quoted text>May Limbaugh rot, here on Earth. On the radio, with a live video feed.
You can keep yourself busy trying to suck yourself off until the Rapture comes.
It is the abuse of an item (gluttony) which is forbidden in the bible. A glass of wine with dinner is fine with may denominations.

Also, if you are going to create a strawman, pick the right one. The idea of the Church digging into our personal lives would be akin to the Inquisition, not the Crusades.

Other than that, nice, if uninformed, try.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#952 May 17, 2012
A budget resolution based on President Obama’s 2013 budget failed to get any votes in the Senate on Wednesday.

In a 99-0 vote, all of the senators present rejected the president’s blueprint.

It’s the second year in a row the Senate has voted down Obama’s budget.

#953 May 17, 2012
The Chong Man wrote:
<quoted text>It is the abuse of an item (gluttony) which is forbidden in the bible. A glass of wine with dinner is fine with may denominations.
Also, if you are going to create a strawman, pick the right one. The idea of the Church digging into our personal lives would be akin to the Inquisition, not the Crusades.
Other than that, nice, if uninformed, try.
You bet. Thanks for the feedback. Irrelevant and barely coherent, but thanks anyway.

#954 May 17, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
A budget resolution based on President Obama’s 2013 budget failed to get any votes in the Senate on Wednesday.
In a 99-0 vote, all of the senators present rejected the president’s blueprint.
It’s the second year in a row the Senate has voted down Obama’s budget.
Chickenshit Dems vote against it because there are significant cuts in the budget. Republicans voted against it because Obama submitted it. No other reason needed.
Both sides continue to fail to govern because Dems are covering their asses and the GOP is determined to destroy Obama, even if they take the country down with him.
Our Congress, both houses and both parties, have rendered themselves useless. In fact they are a logjam preventing recovery and growth, jeopardizing our reputation abroad and our security.
We need more parties to force negotiation, compromise and coalition building. The two party system evolved to protect the stays quo and to ensure that the rich stay rich. Both parties.
It's not working and I think the constituency is too diverse for 2 parties to actually constitute a representative form of government. They are not governing!
The only chance of salvaging the 2 party system is strict campaign spending limits. Total transparency in donations. A return to the fairness doctrine for media. Outlawing PAC and other secret monies. Ban all corporate donations. Everything on the table. Structural fairness. And take the money out of politics. Money is not speech and corporations are not people.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#955 May 17, 2012
LOL..good one mr obamaite: Auto union slams Obama budget as ‘attack on the middle class

Even the beloved and bailed out auto union don't like it. They would force middle class Americans to make more sacrifices while giving larger tax breaks to corporations and wealthy individuals … any serious proposal to reduce the federal budget deficit must include increased revenue from wealth individuals and corporations,

Obama's flaming train wreck of a presidency continues to suffer random explosions amidst the debris..........Once he loses in November, Obama needs to go home to Chicago and try to re-organize one of those corrupt communities there.

He is completely unqualified for the role of President of the United States..........
alice

Los Angeles, CA

#956 May 17, 2012
The radicalized, anti-American republican Party is workign against the middle classes. It is so scary now.
alice

Omaha, NE

#957 May 17, 2012
oops i meant to say democrat party

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heartwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cathy Beard murder? (May '09) May '17 razzie 57
my friend found dead,suicide.I suspect foul play (Jun '14) Mar '16 JL in KS 2
News PHOTOS: Nebraskans Observe Rare Blood Super Moon (Oct '15) Oct '15 Jose Bracero Hern... 1
News David 'Soupy' Campbell sentenced in financial a... (Jul '06) Jul '15 Dlb 21
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Apr '15 neutral 103
News Minden artist answers knock of opportunity (Jan '07) Jan '07 Sonja 1

Heartwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Heartwell Mortgages