Look at crimes involving Hispanics re...

Look at crimes involving Hispanics reveals complex picture

There are 5288 comments on the Wilkes Barre, PA Times Leader story from Jun 4, 2006, titled Look at crimes involving Hispanics reveals complex picture. In it, Wilkes Barre, PA Times Leader reports that:

HAZLETON - A review of arrest records in the city over the last six years shows that the number of arrests of Hispanics seems in line with the city's booming Hispanic population over the same period.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wilkes Barre, PA Times Leader.

billy

San Antonio, TX

#22 Nov 21, 2006
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, did you say IMMIGRANTS??? duh...they're ILLEGAL ALIENS,not immigrants. An immigrant is someone who comes to our country LEGALLY. You're damn right we're stuck on ourselves! It's called NATIONAL PRIDE...do YOU have any? And who are YOU to say what WE should consider "important" enough to give OUR hard-earned money to? Do you even HAVE a job? I know you meant to say "greedy" and not "greety"...but if we EARN it, it's OURS! Why don't you go get yourself a job and then give ME all your money???? Or are you just plain GREETY?
I think it's funny how you feed off of others gramatical errors and shove it in their face and others. Like it has any importance, anyways, how do you know what he was talking about? For all we know, he COULD have been talking about legal immigrants.
billy

San Antonio, TX

#23 Nov 21, 2006
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, and when was the last time YOU sent your hard-earned money to Africa?
A country can not be put in comparison to a person.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#24 Nov 21, 2006
billy wrote:
<quoted text>
O.k., so your saying it's ok to be racist? Sure, let's ALL be racist, see how many civil wars will break out, and our country will crumble into a million pieces. I'm getting signals that you are unaware that AMERICA is a mixture of different races from all over the world. Did you see what happened during the civil war? Our country nearly tore apart. Oh and NO ONE can prove that there house was ruined by hispanics unless a perpetrator came out. IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYBODY.
I know all about the Civil War. And let me be very clear here...if I MEANT it was ok to be racist, whether it was on here or two feet away from you staring you straight in the eyes...I would SAY it's ok to be racist. Don't put words in my mouth. I assure you I don't need your help ! This person is obviously upset about their home and YOU have know idea what they've been through...so let it go.

And in terms of a war starting...if you think Americans are going to back down and let these illegal people...whereEVER they come from...walk across our borders and take our country and tell US what they will and will not have without a fight, policially or otherwise...you're a sissy.

And whatever "signals" you think you're getting from me regarding 'race'...if you started right now and tried real hard for the rest of your life, you couldn't be further wrong. You have no idea who or what I am...so now what, smart guy?
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#25 Nov 21, 2006
billy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just proving the point that not just illegals committed these crimes.
And I'm just pointing out that we don't need MORE crime!
Mary

Little Rock, AR

#26 Nov 21, 2006
billy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's funny how you feed off of others gramatical errors and shove it in their face and others. Like it has any importance, anyways, how do you know what he was talking about? For all we know, he COULD have been talking about legal immigrants.
This forum is about ILLEGAL ALIENS. And when someone 'knocks' my country, I get pissed. It's called "patriotism"...have you HEARD of it?
Sharkey

AOL

#27 Nov 22, 2006
Draft the illegals,make em fight the stupid war,serve this country which in my eyes would give them rights to citizenship
Mary

United States

#28 Nov 22, 2006
billy wrote:
<quoted text>
A country can not be put in comparison to a person.
Oh good Lord, Billy. There you go again! I'm getting a little tired of trying to correspond with a mental midget. Go back and read Michele's original post....MABYE then you'll get it but I have my doubts. Go bug someone else you little cockroach.
Acr

Bensalem, PA

#29 Nov 22, 2006
Contractor wrote:
Draft the illegals,make em fight the stupid war,serve this country which in my eyes would give them rights to citizenship
Good point contractor. During World War 1 citizen wannabes were given the opportunity to fight in France with the reward of citizenship on successful completion. Now all we need is a global war. Ohh by the way peeps, these folks are not illegal immigrants, because they didn't come here to immigrate.Generically see Google, and "a person who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there" wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
Undocumented migrant workers are transient opportunists of laboring work opportunites.They are not settlers. They are not permanent, have no intent of being permanent, do not partake of those duties and obligations of citizens because they do intend to move on.They are 1st. workers because they are looking for day laboring opportunites. 2nd they are migrant because they left home South Of the Border looking for work. 3rdly because they are transient they didn't bother with proper channels to get the proper documentation, Therefore they are, undocumented, migrating to work areas, unskilled workers=undocumented migrant worker. Why is this distinction important? National law doesn't deal with this type of worker as far as I remember so any local ordinance won't interfer with National law, as you will see Hazeltons ordinance will run smack into the INA. Your adversaries are using certain words, off point of the issue but as a means of legal defense. "Racist" "Hispanic""alie n" "illegal immigrant" etc creates a smoke screen of civil rights violations or National law impingement.You lose.
On the other hand, what national statute deals with undocumented migrant workers? You think they are mexican? Prove it.The undocumented workers have no papers so just how did you prove they were Mexican?? Ohhhhhhh you merely repeated what your adversary said.
billy

San Antonio, TX

#30 Nov 27, 2006
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about the Civil War. And let me be very clear here...if I MEANT it was ok to be racist, whether it was on here or two feet away from you staring you straight in the eyes...I would SAY it's ok to be racist. Don't put words in my mouth. I assure you I don't need your help ! This person is obviously upset about their home and YOU have know idea what they've been through...so let it go.
And in terms of a war starting...if you think Americans are going to back down and let these illegal people...whereEVER they come from...walk across our borders and take our country and tell US what they will and will not have without a fight, policially or otherwise...you're a sissy.
And whatever "signals" you think you're getting from me regarding 'race'...if you started right now and tried real hard for the rest of your life, you couldn't be further wrong. You have no idea who or what I am...so now what, smart guy?
Ok, i was only proving the point that they're house being destroyed could have been anybody, unlike yourself who said it was a hispanic gang of some sort, so your argument about me not knowing what they went through has NOTHING to do with what i said and was trying to prove. And i don't get your sissy claim.
billy

San Antonio, TX

#31 Nov 27, 2006
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
This forum is about ILLEGAL ALIENS. And when someone 'knocks' my country, I get pissed. It's called "patriotism"...have you HEARD of it?
he could have been talking about DISCRIMINATION against hispanics that are LEGAL immigrants. And yes, i've heard of patriotism...
Mary

North Little Rock, AR

#32 Nov 28, 2006
I was asked to pass this along, so I'm doing it. There's a plant in NC that has many suspected illegal aliens there. They're taking jobs that should go to Americans, Americans are paying theier hard-earned tax dollars for any social services/education they might be getting and then they're striking for their right to do this ILLEGALLY.

ALIPAC is asking for help from Americans who want to fix this problem in our country.

Here's part of what is on ALIPAC's site and if you follow the link at the bottom of this post, it gives you suggestions on how to help...and it's easy!

Here's the article from ALIPAC:

This summer, Smithfield Foods Inc. enrolled in the SAVE (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements) program and screened their 5,000 plus employees at the worlds largest hog slaughtering plant in Tarheel, North Carolina for matching social security information. Approximately 600 employees had provided the company with information that did not match! They fired only 60-75 employees that were the most obvious offenders and highly likely illegal aliens.

After close to 1,000 Hispanic workers walked off the job for a day in protest, Smithfield Foods Inc. met with their leaders and agreed to rehire these illegal aliens.

Smithfield is now clearly violating the law which prohibits companies from knowingly hiring illegal aliens.

ALIPAC is calling for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to pay a visit to this plant to screen employees, arrest and deport all illegal aliens, and prosecute Smithfield Foods Inc. for violating federal law.

And the link:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php...
Beach828

Brownsburg, IN

#33 Nov 30, 2006
This is a great time to build a wall not a fence, build the wall and help the poor mexican back to mexico for the holidays. Double up on the work force needed to build a wall and close down the free dumping of mexicans on this economy. The gravy train has just left the depot!

Bush is wanting flu shots given to the illegals, the flu shots were suppose to be for Americans not illegals. If you take the flu shot you probably should get it quickly before the mexican maggot takes up the doses.
Dinah

Towson, MD

#34 Nov 30, 2006
Michele morales wrote:
<quoted text>your american so you should know where the office is located
This is a laugh. If you are an American, chances are you don't even concern yourself with the immigration office---until now.
Dinah

Towson, MD

#35 Nov 30, 2006
David W wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is sad that children and adults in other countries such as Africa are suffering...there are people in this country who are in as much need. Know of any children in your area that are going hungry? I do...and I help. We should look in our own neighbourhoods.
You know, Dave; that is a biblical concept. Take care of your own first. And it makes a lot of sense.
Dinah

Towson, MD

#36 Nov 30, 2006
billy wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me, but the u.s. has been giving money to a lot of countries, which can lead to multinational diplomatic efforts (others helping too), which is ultamitley beneficial to U.S. interests.
That is only if you do not milk the cow dry.

How do you think my personal economic picture would look if I had a certain amount to spend of monies given me from other people; whom I promised that I would spend it in certain ways. I only do part of this, and then I spend into the red giving it away. I KEEP giving away what I don't have. Does that inspire confidence?

In case you haven't looked this country is in deficeit mode. And we wonder why we have an unstable economy?
Dinah

Towson, MD

#37 Nov 30, 2006
A Legal AMERICAN wrote:
Have any caucasians done any drive by shootings in Hazleton? Any Americans get arrested selling crack at our playgrounds? Any Americans suspected for murdering their cousin and burning their bodies in the area? Any white guys pulling out guns in local bars? Are there a lot of white "gangs" tagging buildings?
Crime has gone through the roof, and the MAJORITY OF IT IS ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT A QUESTION it's almost entirely caused by illegal alien hispanics...
And, YES, Puerto Ricans ARE ALREADY AMERICANS. Perhaps we should take their rights away and consider them to be "illegals" too if they can't figure that out already.
We don't have problems with "brown people." We have problems with the criminals that are flooding the area, destroying what our ancestors have been working towards for about 150 years in Hazleton...
Excuse the anger but my home was targeted over the weekend and I have to spend a few hours removing grafiti that was obviously done by some of these new guys that we're being pressured into denying are here for anything but "work..."
You guys come from troubled cultures, caused by troubled countries, totally screwed up by THEIR OWN PEOPLE. We're devestated already by NAFTA. Any thanks? Of course not. Just threats that, since they breed prodigiously, that they are quickly becoming the majority.
My guess is that by the time that happens, enough AMERICANS will have left in fear...
So do you have footage of every crime committed in your area, or results of a trial? If you want to maintain credibility, be careful of the borderline racist remarks.
Dinah

Towson, MD

#38 Nov 30, 2006
Contractor wrote:
I don't advocate a back door draft. THAT is what this can become.
Beach828

Brownsburg, IN

#39 Nov 30, 2006
From the L.A. Times

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County ( L.A. County has 10.2
million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal
aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers
are Mexican nationals here illegally.

6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living
in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles
are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9
million speak Spanish.

(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County).
(All the above from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29%
are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth
(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results
from immigration.

The cost of immigration to the American taxpayer in 1997
was,(after subtracting taxes immigrants pay), a NET $70
BILLION/ year,[Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University ].
The lifetime fiscal impact (taxes paid minus services used)
for the average adult Mexican immigrant is a NEGATIVE
number.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

If they can come to this country to raise Hell and demonstrate by the thousands, WHY can't they take charge
over the corruption in their own country?

We are a bunch of fools for letting this
continue.
Beach828

Brownsburg, IN

#40 Nov 30, 2006
Dinah wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't advocate a back door draft. THAT is what this can become.
A military draft would send the cockroaches scurrying to the border - I have mentioned this a few times and agree. Don't use white and black kids if you choose to keep the illegals from fighting. Lets see how much the hispanic population loves this country!
Dinah

Towson, MD

#41 Nov 30, 2006
Beach828 wrote:
<quoted text>
A military draft would send the cockroaches scurrying to the border - I have mentioned this a few times and agree. Don't use white and black kids if you choose to keep the illegals from fighting. Lets see how much the hispanic population loves this country!
The problem is, it won't STAY that way. After they're done with the illegals, guess who they'll turn to? Here we go for another Viet Nam?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Summer of Rage Mon ramshead soup 15
Hazleton News 1 (Shayne Balliet) Challenge Jul 25 I will tell you 55
In need of a representative payee. (Apr '12) Jul 25 Trump 2016 46
News Barletta reflects on five years in Washington Jul 25 Trump 2016 2
Pink haired hooker is new local ledgen Jul 25 Trump 2016 9
Review: Xtasy Hookah Lounge (Nov '14) Jul 25 smack a ho 24
Make Money on Dominican Afro Shelters. Jul 24 random acts of ho... 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazleton Mortgages