Look at crimes involving Hispanics reveals complex picture

Full story: Wilkes Barre, PA Times Leader

HAZLETON - A review of arrest records in the city over the last six years shows that the number of arrests of Hispanics seems in line with the city's booming Hispanic population over the same period.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of5,282
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kathleen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 4, 2006
 

Judged:

3

1

1

yes...and where is the immigration office?
Michele morales

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 13, 2006
 

Judged:

8

7

4

it's not only the hispanic's or ny kind of immigrants causing the trouble in PA or any other state.i also believe that its the americans too, the whole united states is in denial and they're stuck on themselves. all the money is going to non-important thing's , what happened to africa and the other poor countrie's????? america is greety! yes, im puerto rican, BORICUA
and im proud and im speaking my mind. adios
Michele morales

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 13, 2006
 

Judged:

10

4

2

Kathleen wrote:
yes...and where is the immigration office?
your american so you should know where the office is located
maria

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 13, 2006
 

Judged:

5

3

2

i think the mexicans should be able to come to the U.S but the correct way and if they don't and get caught they should'nt get deported, i think a couple of fines and taxes sholde be good.
An American Citizen

Selinsgrove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 14, 2006
 

Judged:

7

4

2

Michele morales wrote:
it's not only the hispanic's or ny kind of immigrants causing the trouble in PA or any other state.i also believe that its the americans too, the whole united states is in denial and they're stuck on themselves. all the money is going to non-important thing's , what happened to africa and the other poor countrie's????? america is greety! yes, im puerto rican, BORICUA
and im proud and im speaking my mind. adios
When did America become the checkbook for the rest of the World Ms. Morales. So, if we follow your logic, America is supposed to "help" all of the poor countries in the world? Where is Mexico, with all of its money (and crime), when it comes to bailing out poor countries? Just because Americans work their collective asses off every day, which we have done for the last 200 plus years, we are now required to give money to every Tom, Dick and Juan that comes along with his hand out? Is that what you are saying? BTW are you a legal United States citizen, or are you enjoying your right to free speech because you jumped the fence? If you are from Puerto Rico as you say then you are an American, not "Puerto Rican." Also, learn how to spell, its "greedy" not "greety."
steve

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 23, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michele morales wrote:
it's not only the hispanic's or ny kind of immigrants causing the trouble in PA or any other state.i also believe that its the americans too, the whole united states is in denial and they're stuck on themselves. all the money is going to non-important thing's , what happened to africa and the other poor countrie's????? america is greety! yes, im puerto rican, BORICUA
and im proud and im speaking my mind. adios
Why do some spanish say thay are spanish and not American spanish oh I forgot it's the card you can't use it if your american.
steve

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 25, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Michele morales wrote:
<quoted text>your american so you should know where the office is located
A hispanic American who hates Americans. He think every thing in this country should be free to hispanic like him. November. You will see alot of American at the polls. All polls will be watch real close.
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 19, 2006
 

Judged:

1

An American Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
When did America become the checkbook for the rest of the World Ms. Morales. So, if we follow your logic, America is supposed to "help" all of the poor countries in the world? Where is Mexico, with all of its money (and crime), when it comes to bailing out poor countries? Just because Americans work their collective asses off every day, which we have done for the last 200 plus years, we are now required to give money to every Tom, Dick and Juan that comes along with his hand out? Is that what you are saying? BTW are you a legal United States citizen, or are you enjoying your right to free speech because you jumped the fence? If you are from Puerto Rico as you say then you are an American, not "Puerto Rican." Also, learn how to spell, its "greedy" not "greety."
excuse me, but the u.s. has been giving money to a lot of countries, which can lead to multinational diplomatic efforts (others helping too), which is ultamitley beneficial to U.S. interests.
A Legal AMERICAN

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 20, 2006
 

Judged:

6

4

2

Have any caucasians done any drive by shootings in Hazleton? Any Americans get arrested selling crack at our playgrounds? Any Americans suspected for murdering their cousin and burning their bodies in the area? Any white guys pulling out guns in local bars? Are there a lot of white "gangs" tagging buildings?
Crime has gone through the roof, and the MAJORITY OF IT IS ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT A QUESTION it's almost entirely caused by illegal alien hispanics...
And, YES, Puerto Ricans ARE ALREADY AMERICANS. Perhaps we should take their rights away and consider them to be "illegals" too if they can't figure that out already.
We don't have problems with "brown people." We have problems with the criminals that are flooding the area, destroying what our ancestors have been working towards for about 150 years in Hazleton...
Excuse the anger but my home was targeted over the weekend and I have to spend a few hours removing grafiti that was obviously done by some of these new guys that we're being pressured into denying are here for anything but "work..."
You guys come from troubled cultures, caused by troubled countries, totally screwed up by THEIR OWN PEOPLE. We're devestated already by NAFTA. Any thanks? Of course not. Just threats that, since they breed prodigiously, that they are quickly becoming the majority.
My guess is that by the time that happens, enough AMERICANS will have left in fear...
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 20, 2006
 
steve wrote:
<quoted text>A hispanic American who hates Americans. He think every thing in this country should be free to hispanic like him. November. You will see alot of American at the polls. All polls will be watch real close.
i see no place where he said he hated americans....
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 20, 2006
 

Judged:

4

1

1

A Legal AMERICAN wrote:
Have any caucasians done any drive by shootings in Hazleton? Any Americans get arrested selling crack at our playgrounds? Any Americans suspected for murdering their cousin and burning their bodies in the area? Any white guys pulling out guns in local bars? Are there a lot of white "gangs" tagging buildings?
Crime has gone through the roof, and the MAJORITY OF IT IS ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT A QUESTION it's almost entirely caused by illegal alien hispanics...
And, YES, Puerto Ricans ARE ALREADY AMERICANS. Perhaps we should take their rights away and consider them to be "illegals" too if they can't figure that out already.
We don't have problems with "brown people." We have problems with the criminals that are flooding the area, destroying what our ancestors have been working towards for about 150 years in Hazleton...
Excuse the anger but my home was targeted over the weekend and I have to spend a few hours removing grafiti that was obviously done by some of these new guys that we're being pressured into denying are here for anything but "work..."
You guys come from troubled cultures, caused by troubled countries, totally screwed up by THEIR OWN PEOPLE. We're devestated already by NAFTA. Any thanks? Of course not. Just threats that, since they breed prodigiously, that they are quickly becoming the majority.
My guess is that by the time that happens, enough AMERICANS will have left in fear...
Yet again, another racist. I'm pretty sure all around the country caucasions have been there and done all those crimes. Every race has, no doubt about it. And who said all caucasions were not illegal? There could be an illegal Russian anywhere for all we no, but that still isn't the point, the point is, race shouldn't be a factor, because by adressing race, you discriminate on all of it, while all we're supposed to be talking about is illegal immigrants. Oh, and just so you know,the term "brown people" is most commonly used for Middle Easterners, but i'm not encouraging anyone to call them this.
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 20, 2006
 
A Legal AMERICAN wrote:
Have any caucasians done any drive by shootings in Hazleton? Any Americans get arrested selling crack at our playgrounds? Any Americans suspected for murdering their cousin and burning their bodies in the area? Any white guys pulling out guns in local bars? Are there a lot of white "gangs" tagging buildings?
Crime has gone through the roof, and the MAJORITY OF IT IS ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT A QUESTION it's almost entirely caused by illegal alien hispanics...
And, YES, Puerto Ricans ARE ALREADY AMERICANS. Perhaps we should take their rights away and consider them to be "illegals" too if they can't figure that out already.
We don't have problems with "brown people." We have problems with the criminals that are flooding the area, destroying what our ancestors have been working towards for about 150 years in Hazleton...
Excuse the anger but my home was targeted over the weekend and I have to spend a few hours removing grafiti that was obviously done by some of these new guys that we're being pressured into denying are here for anything but "work..."
You guys come from troubled cultures, caused by troubled countries, totally screwed up by THEIR OWN PEOPLE. We're devestated already by NAFTA. Any thanks? Of course not. Just threats that, since they breed prodigiously, that they are quickly becoming the majority.
My guess is that by the time that happens, enough AMERICANS will have left in fear...
Oh, and NAFTA also involves Canada.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

5

2

2

billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet again, another racist. I'm pretty sure all around the country caucasions have been there and done all those crimes. Every race has, no doubt about it. And who said all caucasions were not illegal? There could be an illegal Russian anywhere for all we no, but that still isn't the point, the point is, race shouldn't be a factor, because by adressing race, you discriminate on all of it, while all we're supposed to be talking about is illegal immigrants. Oh, and just so you know,the term "brown people" is most commonly used for Middle Easterners, but i'm not encouraging anyone to call them this.
Well, Billy, I agree with some of what you say but I personally have seen hispanics (from Mexico and south of there) refer to THEMSELVES as 'brown'...Americans didn't start that one. Have you not heard of the Brown Berets? And give that person who wrote that post a little understanding, will you? Did they not say that their house was just ruined? Oh, and just so YOU know, we're all getting ho hum over the word 'racist'...we don't CARE anymore who wants to sling what mud. We don't like ILLEGALS....get used to it. And just so you know, it's not OUR fault 88% of the people who are invading our country and then demanding 'rights' ARE hispanic. However, we don't care WHAT color they are...we want them out!
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

2

billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and NAFTA also involves Canada.
You seem to excel at being half right, Billy. NAFTA DOES involve Canada, but that's NOT who we're losing our jobs to...sheesh...READ something, will ya?
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

2

1

billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet again, another racist. I'm pretty sure all around the country caucasions have been there and done all those crimes. Every race has, no doubt about it. And who said all caucasions were not illegal? There could be an illegal Russian anywhere for all we no, but that still isn't the point, the point is, race shouldn't be a factor, because by adressing race, you discriminate on all of it, while all we're supposed to be talking about is illegal immigrants. Oh, and just so you know,the term "brown people" is most commonly used for Middle Easterners, but i'm not encouraging anyone to call them this.
Once again, Billy....yes Caucasians HAVE committed crimes, sometimes horrible ones. So have blacks, hispanics, asians...whatever race you want to mention...and that's just the POINT...we DON'T need to IMPORT IT? Got it?
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

1

A Legal AMERICAN wrote:
Have any caucasians done any drive by shootings in Hazleton? Any Americans get arrested selling crack at our playgrounds? Any Americans suspected for murdering their cousin and burning their bodies in the area? Any white guys pulling out guns in local bars? Are there a lot of white "gangs" tagging buildings?
Crime has gone through the roof, and the MAJORITY OF IT IS ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT A QUESTION it's almost entirely caused by illegal alien hispanics...
And, YES, Puerto Ricans ARE ALREADY AMERICANS. Perhaps we should take their rights away and consider them to be "illegals" too if they can't figure that out already.
We don't have problems with "brown people." We have problems with the criminals that are flooding the area, destroying what our ancestors have been working towards for about 150 years in Hazleton...
Excuse the anger but my home was targeted over the weekend and I have to spend a few hours removing grafiti that was obviously done by some of these new guys that we're being pressured into denying are here for anything but "work..."
You guys come from troubled cultures, caused by troubled countries, totally screwed up by THEIR OWN PEOPLE. We're devestated already by NAFTA. Any thanks? Of course not. Just threats that, since they breed prodigiously, that they are quickly becoming the majority.
My guess is that by the time that happens, enough AMERICANS will have left in fear...
I'm real sorry about your house. We AMERICANS all work hard to buy a home in a decent neighborhood and to have ANYONE trash it is very upsetting, I'm sure.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

4

2

Michele morales wrote:
it's not only the hispanic's or ny kind of immigrants causing the trouble in PA or any other state.i also believe that its the americans too, the whole united states is in denial and they're stuck on themselves. all the money is going to non-important thing's , what happened to africa and the other poor countrie's????? america is greety! yes, im puerto rican, BORICUA
and im proud and im speaking my mind. adios
Excuse me, did you say IMMIGRANTS??? duh...they're ILLEGAL ALIENS,not immigrants. An immigrant is someone who comes to our country LEGALLY. You're damn right we're stuck on ourselves! It's called NATIONAL PRIDE...do YOU have any? And who are YOU to say what WE should consider "important" enough to give OUR hard-earned money to? Do you even HAVE a job? I know you meant to say "greedy" and not "greety"...but if we EARN it, it's OURS! Why don't you go get yourself a job and then give ME all your money???? Or are you just plain GREETY?
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

2

1

Michele morales wrote:
it's not only the hispanic's or ny kind of immigrants causing the trouble in PA or any other state.i also believe that its the americans too, the whole united states is in denial and they're stuck on themselves. all the money is going to non-important thing's , what happened to africa and the other poor countrie's????? america is greety! yes, im puerto rican, BORICUA
and im proud and im speaking my mind. adios
Hey, and when was the last time YOU sent your hard-earned money to Africa?
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 21, 2006
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Billy, I agree with some of what you say but I personally have seen hispanics (from Mexico and south of there) refer to THEMSELVES as 'brown'...Americans didn't start that one. Have you not heard of the Brown Berets? And give that person who wrote that post a little understanding, will you? Did they not say that their house was just ruined? Oh, and just so YOU know, we're all getting ho hum over the word 'racist'...we don't CARE anymore who wants to sling what mud. We don't like ILLEGALS....get used to it. And just so you know, it's not OUR fault 88% of the people who are invading our country and then demanding 'rights' ARE hispanic. However, we don't care WHAT color they are...we want them out!
O.k., so your saying it's ok to be racist? Sure, let's ALL be racist, see how many civil wars will break out, and our country will crumble into a million pieces. I'm getting signals that you are unaware that AMERICA is a mixture of different races from all over the world. Did you see what happened during the civil war? Our country nearly tore apart. Oh and NO ONE can prove that there house was ruined by hispanics unless a perpetrator came out. IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYBODY.
billy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 21, 2006
 
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Billy....yes Caucasians HAVE committed crimes, sometimes horrible ones. So have blacks, hispanics, asians...whatever race you want to mention...and that's just the POINT...we DON'T need to IMPORT IT? Got it?
I was just proving the point that not just illegals committed these crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of5,282
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hazleton Discussions

Search the Hazleton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Fu Man Achuu 51,263
SCAM ALERT: Door to Door Solicitors 8 hr Gettin N ggy wit it 7
Carbon commissioners fear loss of 911 funding [... 8 hr Gettin N ggy wit it 3
REALITY CHECK: Halfway Houses Don't Work (Mar '13) 16 hr Def Brat 105
Hazleton in Brooklyn Forums (Jan '12) 16 hr Def Brat 19
Officials: URS will close its doors in June Thu Hannibal Lecter 4
Tochy Feely Hazy Pigs Apr 16 Freaklander 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hazleton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hazleton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••