First Prev
of 14
Next Last
pro Hazlet

Stratford, CT

#1 Apr 4, 2007
I am an outsider of the police dept. in hazlet for 30+ years. Saw the P D go from great to poor. Taxpayers are not getting their fair share from their PD , moral on department in the toilet - no hope for promotions for officers - Napolean style management - scare the rank and file into submision tactics. The pride in the department is gone, costing taxpayers $$$. ask your local police officer for his opinion. The new chief has taken away the motivation to do the job. No promotions -No motivation
I am amazed no one has commented or looked into the progress of the new leadership.

Since: Jan 07

Middletown, NJ

#2 Apr 4, 2007
You sound like a disgruntled empoyee. Are you?
bigred65

AOL

#3 Apr 13, 2007
my thoughts exactly..they have one of the best depts in the county..and there chief is very smart,caring and very honest..yes you sound like you are disgruntled.
Hazlet Tax Payer

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

#4 Apr 28, 2007
Can anyone tell me why BRODERICK went from under 100K when he first go his job a few years ago to

$129,478 now? Thank you Asbury Park Press for all the info on the pay our town workers get.
pro Hazlet wrote:
I am an outsider of the police dept. in hazlet for 30+ years. Saw the P D go from great to poor. Taxpayers are not getting their fair share from their PD , moral on department in the toilet - no hope for promotions for officers - Napolean style management - scare the rank and file into submision tactics. The pride in the department is gone, costing taxpayers $$$. ask your local police officer for his opinion. The new chief has taken away the motivation to do the job. No promotions -No motivation
I am amazed no one has commented or looked into the progress of the new leadership.
pro Hazlet

Stratford, CT

#5 May 7, 2007
bigred65 wrote:
my thoughts exactly..they have one of the best depts in the county..and there chief is very smart,caring and very honest..yes you sound like you are disgruntled.
I do not work or live in the town,however when a Police dept. is so divided as to investigate the patrol officers dinner breaks and allows the superior officers all day breaks and 4 hour lunches. Something is wrong. The department or Chiefs priorities are way off. Suspending officers and taking food of their families table is wrong. They are the rank and file and need to be supported by their Chief. The Hazlet Chief is a poor example of a leader.
pro Hazlet

Stratford, CT

#6 May 7, 2007
Hazlet Tax Payer wrote:
Can anyone tell me why BRODERICK went from under 100K when he first go his job a few years ago to
$129,478 now? Thank you Asbury Park Press for all the info on the pay our town workers get.
<quoted text>
and the sad part is he has taken away the potential for promotions from his officers who work day and night for their town. Imagine having a job that where you can never get a promotion? Kinda makes you wonder, maybe thats why he keeps getting his bump up in salary?
Past Officer SG

Moss Point, MS

#7 May 15, 2007
I have know and worked in the past with Jim Broderick for over 30 years and you could not ask for a better Chief of Police or law enforcement officer. He turly is a true law enforcement professional.
Now ask me about the last Chief and that was a problem.
You do sound like you have an ax to grind with the Chief. I hope Rocco Serpico is the next Chief of Police. As for Kiley, well you'll find out.

Since: Jan 07

Middletown, NJ

#8 May 17, 2007
I've lived in this area since 1971 and I've never heard of any problems with the Hazlet PD.
BIGRED65

AOL

#9 May 17, 2007
I ALSO WORKED WITH AND HAVE KNOWN JIM BRODERICK SINCE 1973..A MORE HONEST SINCERE GUY YOU WILL NEVER MEET.HE WENT FROM A RESERVE OFFICER FOR THE TOWN TO THE CHIEF..I HEAR HE IS VERY FAIR WITH HIS MEN AND WITH THE TOWNSPEOPLE.IVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE SPEAK BADLY OF HIM.. AND YES ROCKY IS A GOOD MAN ALSO...
employee 19 - hazlet

Philadelphia, PA

#10 May 18, 2007
There is a change in command but there is also a change in attitudes especially among the younger officers. It use to be that you wanted to be a police officer and with the new younger guys, it's how much does this job pay. Most times, they act like grammer school kids--don't get their way, run to the lawyer. There is no more "Men" within the police department which makes it very difficult for the Chief. Rocky is ok, but not chief material. But, the police aren't the only employees of Hazlet.Within the Police Department there are female office workers. Being around them, the work they do has never been recognized and probably never will. From what I understand, their recognition has to come from Margiotta and DiNardo and the like, well, I guess we all know what that means, sorry girls... But just know that I am behind you, you all deserve so much more, some of you more than others. Then there are some that don't deserve what they are getting. Hope someone stands up and gives you just rewards....
Feel bad - Hazlet

Philadelphia, PA

#11 May 18, 2007
I feel awful for the office workers. I use to be one of you and simply couldn't make it on the money. It's unfortunate that you aren't looked upon as "valuable" I liked my work, but couldn't survive on what they paid. Some girls were the favorites and those were the ones that got advancements, meaning more pay. Those of us who just work hard and do the work correctly, but aren't favorites of anyone, well, we just chug along. It's sad really. Too bad that no one really cares enough to keep good people.
Feel bad - Hazlet

Philadelphia, PA

#12 May 18, 2007
oh yea, it would help if you were related to a higher up within the town. They start at a higher rate. Hazlet is bad with highering relatives, daughters, it's really disgusting. No matter if you were promised a position or not, if one of their kids need a job, your out!! They simpy pick and choose who they want. And having experience means nothing... I'm sure you that are still there, already know that. My thoughts are with you all.
Past Officer SG

Ormond Beach, FL

#13 May 18, 2007
Hello Big Red, I know who you are, LOL.
BIGRED65

AOL

#14 May 18, 2007
yes SG ,i know who you are too lol..we worked together many years ago.i worked under 3 chiefs and was treated good by them all.our dept is one to be proud of now and always has been.they all did something right..still a safe town..and jim broderick is very involved in all that happens here.ive heard no complaints on him..
BIGRED65

AOL

#15 May 18, 2007
check the salaries in other towns??????sgt getting 88,000 in some towns..
nggffnr

AOL

#16 May 19, 2007
well said
WTB

Fort Wayne, IN

#18 May 22, 2007
BIGRED65 wrote:
check the salaries in other tow
ns??????sgt getting 88,000 in some towns..
WHAT
WTB

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 May 22, 2007
Mary you of all people would print trash like this that was then and you would'nt believe what goes on now. And Steve you couldn't make it in Hazlet PD (heavy handed) or Manalapan PD. and god only knows how many PD"S in FLA. So stay there bask in the sun and shut the f up.

Wait until the Hazlet taxpayer's get the lawsuits after the trial's of the pending officer's over there 45 minutes meals breaks. Im sure the taxpayers have the same time limit's on theres, like idiots (Howie & Rocky) have nothing better to do then to investigate officer's going over 10 or so minutes for dinner. Jim I know you are not a people's person, but the people who are working are the ones that deserve the promotion,s and investigative postions, these's are the people having dinner to long. Jim don't be like the person before that promoted his buddies and not the workers..........
BIGRED65

AOL

#20 May 22, 2007
what trash??i only remember how is was then..i pay no attention to politics or promotions..like i said i have not heard any thing of what you have spoken of.i know certain people that should get promotions dont..
WTB

Fort Wayne, IN

#21 May 22, 2007
Then Mary if you pay no attention to politics or promotions then don't post because as you can tell this forum is all about "Politics."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Affordable Computer Repair In Hazlet. Jun 15 Roger 1
brooklands dotcom weybridge uk May 30 Yom 2
Anybody out there that used to Hangout at Wetso... (Feb '13) May '16 Denise overneck 41
Review: Tiffany's Vintage Closet (Mar '15) May '16 Natasha 6
boycott brooklands weybridge, surrey uk May '16 simple guy 2
Hells angels harming and murdering women , chi... (Jan '09) May '16 Big mac 38
News Dr PC Repair & Web Design Currently Offering On... May '16 owner for two years 1

Hazlet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazlet Mortgages