First Prev
of 3
Next Last
One Of Many

Savannah, GA

#1 Jul 10, 2009
In January 2008 a young mother was murdered on the Uvalda Hwy. at the gas pipe lines . Her Name was Allison Nicole Orvin ( Bamberg )and she was my cousin . The two people who were accused and arrested in connection with this murder were her ex-husband and mother-in-law ,Damon and Sonya Bamberg .Damon is presently being held in the Jeff Davis detention center and his mother was recently moved to Jesup to await trial.
This murder was commited in front of Nikki's two small children . Can you even start to imagine what those children surely had to have gone through ? Nikki came from a very large family and most of them are from right here in Jeff Davis county . Most of you would not recognize her by her last name but most people in and around Hazlehurst knows someone in her family . If you know any Cain's or Rentz's or anyone related to them then you probably know someone in Nikki's family .
On August 31st. this murder trial is scheduled to begin unless changes are made before then . I am asking any and all of you who are related or know any of our family to please be there for this trial to show your support for Nikki's mom and the two motherless children that were left behind . Thank you
also family

Savannah, GA

#2 Jul 10, 2009
This was an awful tragedy that has left many people devastated. It was such a uncalled for act of violence. I hope these two get the full sentences possible. They do not even deserve to be alive. The female was moved to obtain medical assistance. Maybe she will die from her illness and the tax payers want have to care for her. Sounds cruel but not as cruel as taking this young adults life away.
Cassidy

United States

#3 Jul 11, 2009
also family wrote:
This was an awful tragedy that has left many people devastated. It was such a uncalled for act of violence. I hope these two get the full sentences possible. They do not even deserve to be alive. The female was moved to obtain medical assistance. Maybe she will die from her illness and the tax payers want have to care for her. Sounds cruel but not as cruel as taking this young adults life away.
This is a cruel remark on someone that has not even been convicted of this crime yet. I am not defending her but wishing she were dead is not right for you to say. I knew Nikki and she was a sweet girl and did not deserve this, I knew the Bambergs too and I know they are some strange acting folks. I would wait and let the courts decide their guilt or innocents, I feel in my heart that they did this but I can not judge anyone that is what a judge is for and the good Lord up above.
Rockinhawk

United States

#4 Jul 11, 2009
I think if she gets sick and dies before trial, then God has decided before the courts. After all life is his to give or take. And HE knows the TRUTH!!!
One Of Many

Savannah, GA

#5 Jul 11, 2009
Please don't take this as a chance to bash or slam anyone , just be there if you feel any compassion for the children of Nikki or for her mother .
Thank You
rainy

United States

#6 Jul 11, 2009
Cassidy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a cruel remark on someone that has not even been convicted of this crime yet. I am not defending her but wishing she were dead is not right for you to say. I knew Nikki and she was a sweet girl and did not deserve this, I knew the Bambergs too and I know they are some strange acting folks. I would wait and let the courts decide their guilt or innocents, I feel in my heart that they did this but I can not judge anyone that is what a judge is for and the good Lord up above.
Not convicted of the crime. Is there any doubt they are not guilty? Please be real. What planet are you from.

Since: Apr 09

Blackshear, GA

#7 Jul 11, 2009
rainy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not convicted of the crime. Is there any doubt they are not guilty? Please be real. What planet are you from.
they are guilty & need to go straight to HELL!! these are some SICK PEOPLE!!
just passing

Savannah, GA

#8 Jul 11, 2009
Cruel is driving down the road minding your own business and suddenly realize your being shot at from behind. Your driving and literally running for your life and suddenly your life is ended by two sick individuals. That my dear is cruel.

Since: Apr 09

Blackshear, GA

#9 Jul 11, 2009
just passing wrote:
Cruel is driving down the road minding your own business and suddenly realize your being shot at from behind. Your driving and literally running for your life and suddenly your life is ended by two sick individuals. That my dear is cruel.
no my dear THAT IS SICK!!
whitelinennlace

United States

#10 Jul 12, 2009
One Of Many wrote:
Please don't take this as a chance to bash or slam anyone , just be there if you feel any compassion for the children of Nikki or for her mother .
Thank You
If anyone did not read this the first time please read it again. This is coming from the Baxley topix. The family does not want this drug through the mud here on topix. Please
for the sake of her children and family leave this at rest.
One Of Many

Savannah, GA

#11 Aug 18, 2009
whitelinennlace wrote:
<quoted text>If anyone did not read this the first time please read it again. This is coming from the Baxley topix. The family does not want this drug through the mud here on topix. Please
for the sake of her children and family leave this at rest.
I am Nikki's family ! Her mother asked me to relay to all concerned that Amanda Williams will be hearing this case . Judge Williams has a prior obligation she has to tend to but jurors will be chosen on Monday , August 31st. as scheduled . The trial will begin on Wednesday the 2nd. of August . I am reminding anyone who would like to be present to show your support for Nikki's mom and children to please be there . Your support will be greatly appreciated . Thank you , the family of Nikki Orvin
One Of Many

Savannah, GA

#12 Aug 30, 2009
Just a reminder to let everyone know that jury selection is tomorrow and as soon as a jury is agreed on the trial will start maybe even as early as tomorrow so we are being told . Please let's eveyone try to be there in support of Nikki's mom and children .Thank you - the family
One Of Many

Savannah, GA

#13 Aug 31, 2009
Today was the first day of the trial . One word describes it( PAINFUL ).
just reading

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2009
One Of Many wrote:
Today was the first day of the trial . One word describes it( PAINFUL ).
Is this going on at our local courthouse? If so who is the Judge? Do yall feel comfortable with the jurors? Sure if you are local you know most of them, hope this goes as good as to be expected and justice is served.
One Of Many

Savannah, GA

#15 Sep 1, 2009
just reading wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this going on at our local courthouse? If so who is the Judge? Do yall feel comfortable with the jurors? Sure if you are local you know most of them, hope this goes as good as to be expected and justice is served.
This was a local murder and is being tried here in Hazlehurst . It started after jury selection on Monday and resumes today at 1:00 due to the judge having to be in Brunswick this morning on another case . Our family is originally from Jeff Davis county and most still reside here so we do know most of the jurors and we are trusting them to do what is right by the young mother/victim in this case . The judge is Amanda Williams . Thank you for your concern anmd please pray for justice .
mama

Mound, MN

#16 Sep 2, 2009
What happened today
Maria Gonzalez

United States

#17 Sep 3, 2009
please update what is going on with the trial is sonya going to get off or does it look like she will be convicted?
family

Savannah, GA

#18 Sep 3, 2009
Both quilty on all 6 counts. Sentencing will be at end of this month with life. It was a long hard week.
a friend of the family

Baxley, GA

#19 Sep 3, 2009
Justice was served today! God is good!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Sep 3, 2009
family wrote:
Both quilty on all 6 counts. Sentencing will be at end of this month with life. It was a long hard week.
Thank God. Maybe Nikki's family came find some peace now. Lethal injection for both would be mild but it will probably be life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 found dead on Deer run rd 4 hr heartofdixie 26
Jack Mosley PRINCIPAL Jeff Davis Primary School 5 hr DISAPPOINTED 1
Ray's 8 hr Ralph 14
Spells Mansion (Nov '08) Sat Beverly 423
Census testing digital nose-count in area Apr 18 employee 1
Answer a Question with a Question (Jan '09) Apr 16 Honesty 1,600
Needs to be stoped!! Apr 15 Crazy post 4
More from around the web

Hazlehurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE