Stop it - just stop it.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#1 Feb 20, 2013
What did Hitler say to the Jews? What did The indians say to Custer? What did America say to England during the Revolutionary War? What did the people of America say to Romney? What did Mayor Stone say to councilman Purser? That's what I say to three county commissioners - Stop it - just stop it.

United States

#2 Feb 20, 2013
There is 5 not 3. There is always two sides
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#3 Feb 20, 2013
Reply wrote:
There is 5 not 3. There is always two sides
And you know both of them?
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
Stop it - just stop it you three.
mimi

Savannah, GA

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Sounds like one needs to stop it ...you...
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#6 Feb 20, 2013
mimi wrote:
You may be right. I will stop it. But not the way you think.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#7 Feb 20, 2013
mimi wrote:
Mimi, Mimi, Mimi- you are so lucky your parents let you stay up so late. Does third grade still get nap time?
mimi

Savannah, GA

#8 Feb 20, 2013
I don't understand that statement.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#9 Feb 21, 2013
mimi wrote:
I don't understand that statement.
So what - you didn't understand the first one either.
Past Election

Stockbridge, GA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Do Good wrote:
<quoted text>So what - you didn't understand the first one either.
Must be the public education!
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Past Election wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend - you could be right on this one.
Mimi

Savannah, GA

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Past Election wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a college degree. It may have been 50 years ago, but I have my degree. I have been successful in my life. Retired with pension and drawing Social Security. Somewhat comfortable with my finances. Can you say that? Your previous comment sounded like a threat to me. I certainly hope it wasn't, because I won't be a part of a threat against anyone.
Past Election

Stockbridge, GA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>I have a college degree. It may have been 50 years ago, but I have my degree. I have been successful in my life. Retired with pension and drawing Social Security. Somewhat comfortable with my finances. Can you say that? Your previous comment sounded like a threat to me. I certainly hope it wasn't, because I won't be a part of a threat against anyone.
Lady, Do Good is someone that was against the recent voting referendum for private schools this past November in Georgia. He and his fellow supporters felt the money would be taken away from public schools. He was against the referendum and I supported it. Due to this we had a couple of exchanges debating the subject on Topix, nothing more and nothing less.

You commented on his comments, he commented on your comments, I made my comment good naturedly to him. I am glad you have had a wonderful life but you need to lighten up a bit.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#14 Feb 23, 2013
Do Good wrote:
What did Hitler say to the Jews? What did The indians say to Custer? What did America say to England during the Revolutionary War? What did the people of America say to Romney? What did Mayor Stone say to councilman Purser? That's what I say to three county commissioners - Stop it - just stop it.
Wow slick, I see you are off of your meds again.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#15 Feb 23, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow slick, I see you are off of your meds again.
You need to read Purser's editorial this week. I agree those three need to stop it, just stop it. Those three commissioners.
MImi

Savannah, GA

#16 Feb 23, 2013
Do Good wrote:
<quoted text>You need to read Purser's editorial this week. I agree those three need to stop it, just stop it. Those three commissioners.
What is the 3 commissioners suppose to stop. According to the paper, it was the two commissioners that started the problem at the meeting. I didn't read anything about the other commissioners saying anything other than the chairman trying to get the meeting called to order. They were elected to vote on behalf of the people. The majority spoke to remove the man, therefore there wasn't enough to vote him back in. It was not too smart of someone to start a petition to re-in-state the gentleman, when the majority of the commissioner has already voted to remove him. It just caused more problems among the commissioners. Many people at the meeting could not believe what they witnessed. The two commissioners as well as the three need to work together. You don't walk out of a meeting and not vote on an issue, regardless if you don't agree. You vote and move forward. You also return a phone call when you serve the public regardless if you get a call on your personal cell phone. There is enough blame to be shared by all 5 I'm sure, so to say stop-it-to 3 is not being open minded at all. Yes, I'm aware of more than you know, but I won't air it on here or anywhere. I'm not going to sit back and allow 3 to be singled out when there're 5 involved in this. I will say if the commissioners didn't feel they could work with the gentleman, it was better to remove him sooner than later.
R Bayne Stone

Hazlehurst, GA

#17 Feb 23, 2013
Do Good wrote:
<quoted text>You need to read Purser's editorial this week. I agree those three need to stop it, just stop it. Those three commissioners.
Do Good: I really liked Tommy's article too. I don't believe he is the same Purser that served on the City Council with me. I would have liked to have had him (the one who wrote this weeks article) on City Council with me.
Sincerely
R. Bayne Stone
Mimi

Savannah, GA

#18 Feb 23, 2013
R Bayne Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Good: I really liked Tommy's article too. I don't believe he is the same Purser that served on the City Council with me. I would have liked to have had him (the one who wrote this weeks article) on City Council with me.
Sincerely
R. Bayne Stone
I liked Tommy's article also, but I would like to know if you are also blaming 3 instead of 5 as Do Good has.
Mimi

Savannah, GA

#19 Feb 23, 2013
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>I liked Tommy's article also, but I would like to know if you are also blaming 3 instead of 5 as Do Good has.
I'm trying to be open minded to both sides, but Do Good is closed minded and keeps telling 3 to stop-it. I will defend either side if I think they are right on an issue. In this case there is obvious not just 3 involved.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#20 Feb 23, 2013
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to be open minded to both sides, but Do Good is closed minded and keeps telling 3 to stop-it. I will defend either side if I think they are right on an issue. In this case there is obvious not just 3 involved.
Mimi you might consider tending to stuff you have a vested interest in. Something has to be done when you have the crooked shananigans going on here. We have the worst possible trash pickup that is imaginable, we have pots of the nastiest trailer (not all) living you can imagine. We have so may kin people working in the courthouse that they hide stuff for each other. Now you might not think so but I think its the three that are the longest serving and most entrenched problem. Toler was here one term before. You might not have these problem in Savannah. Consider yourself fortunate. I think you would be closed minded to blame it on the two newest commissioner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Davis Hospital (Nov '15) 11 hr I have seen it 4
Race For Mayor (Jul '11) 15 hr Earth Child 266
City Council 16 hr Earth Child 3
Who is the best single looking man in Hazlehurst (Apr '09) Mon dually noted 152
good hair salon in hazlehurst? (Jul '13) Mon inquisative 22
smoking weed (Oct '13) Jul 21 Bob 19
Vapor Shop Jul 20 Wisdom 18

Hazlehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance