So who will run for sheriff?

So who will run for sheriff?

Posted in the Hazlehurst Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
flipflops

Jesup, GA

#1 Aug 29, 2008
Someone outside the drama or one of his deputies?
Confused

United States

#2 Aug 29, 2008
Do you not understand the process of obtaining a new Sheriff should the seat be vacated?
flipflops

Jesup, GA

#3 Aug 30, 2008
We have elections for it in november. I do not mean the interim sheriff. I mean who will be running in november. Does anyone know?
flopflips

San Francisco, CA

#4 Aug 30, 2008
If Sherriff Boatright should vacate his office then there would have to be a special election. Qualifing now for November is not possible.
jungle grunt

Eddyville, KY

#5 Aug 30, 2008
we have a man wating for jimmy to resign a small group of us have got behind him and he told me he is praying about it.he sounded very positive.we need a man that will clean up the mess there.i would trust my life with this man.personly i have nothing against jimmy he is a man that has made a mistake.i cant trust him anymore where money is concerned.god will forgive him.but if hes guilty he needs to step down and try to get on with his life.lets all pray for his family.
Jason

Columbia, SC

#6 Aug 30, 2008
Hey folks, as a former resident of the area..25 years ago, how long has the sheriff been in office? My last contact was when Mr. Hall was in office. What ever happened to him and his family?
Somewhere in Florida

Tampa, FL

#7 Aug 30, 2008
About time they should fire his ass take away his pension. Time for him to live in the real world.
topdog

United States

#8 Aug 30, 2008
Mark Hall was shot in line of duty and killed Jimmy took over in november election seem to me it would Been Jimmys 5th term or going be his 5th term so mark died shortly after you left
Mark son sill here got the oil company
flipflops

Jesup, GA

#9 Aug 30, 2008
I just hope we get someone new and not more of his family already in the office now
Jason

Columbia, SC

#10 Aug 30, 2008
topdog wrote:
Mark Hall was shot in line of duty and killed Jimmy took over in november election seem to me it would Been Jimmys 5th term or going be his 5th term so mark died shortly after you left
Mark son sill here got the oil company
OK..Thank's topdog..
Brooks Hester

Brunswick, GA

#11 Aug 30, 2008
jungle grunt wrote:
we have a man wating for jimmy to resign a small group of us have got behind him and he told me he is praying about it.he sounded very positive.we need a man that will clean up the mess there.i would trust my life with this man.personly i have nothing against jimmy he is a man that has made a mistake.i cant trust him anymore where money is concerned.god will forgive him.but if hes guilty he needs to step down and try to get on with his life.lets all pray for his family.
I hope he qualified to run a few months ago or it doesn't matter how many people are behind him.
flipflops

Jesup, GA

#12 Aug 30, 2008
If Jimmy resigns or is forced to there will be a special runoff to elect a new Sheriff. So they did not have to qualify a few months ago.

Since: Aug 08

Hazlehurst

#13 Aug 30, 2008
I'm hopin for the Geiko Gecko to run, he makes me feel all warm and toasty inside, those big brown eyes say,"Hey buddy, how ya doin? Wanna hang out? Maybe go fishin later? We could go frolicking through a meadow afterwards and make a day of it, want too?"
Pleased to announce

Aiken, SC

#14 Aug 31, 2008
Jeff Davis Co truly needs an overturn in the LE area! Once these men are elected into office more than one - two terms, they begin to feel unbeatable and very comfortable with things that do not belong to them. We need someone that will be good for our county as well as our citizens; someone honest, trustworthy, and someone that will be willing to help these men and women that are repetative violaters. We all need to work together to better our community and help eachother; not tear eachother down! WE ALL NEED TO PULL TOGETHER AND DO WHAT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST FOR OUR TOWN, COMMUNITY, AND THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE!
Fantasy Island 31539

Memphis, TN

#15 Aug 31, 2008
Pleased to announce wrote:
Jeff Davis Co truly needs an overturn in the LE area! Once these men are elected into office more than one - two terms, they begin to feel unbeatable and very comfortable with things that do not belong to them. We need someone that will be good for our county as well as our citizens; someone honest, trustworthy, and someone that will be willing to help these men and women that are repetative violaters. We all need to work together to better our community and help eachother; not tear eachother down! WE ALL NEED TO PULL TOGETHER AND DO WHAT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST FOR OUR TOWN, COMMUNITY, AND THE PEOPLE THAT LIVE HERE!
I agree 100%
Just some more bull

Eddyville, KY

#16 Aug 31, 2008
As long as you have the money to run for sheriff you can, don't even have to have any background in law enforcment, aint that some s**t!
Citizen

Lawrenceburg, TN

#17 Aug 31, 2008
The last time I checked we have a Sheriff. Jimmy Boatwright. Don't count him out.
Cotton

Memphis, TN

#18 Aug 31, 2008
Citizen wrote:
The last time I checked we have a Sheriff. Jimmy Boatwright. Don't count him out.
We elected him into office and look where in the hell that got us! He stole money that was set aside to educate our children. Now try to explain that. You can't. No load of hot air will do!
BIG MAMA

Aiken, SC

#19 Aug 31, 2008
Cotton wrote:
<quoted text>
We elected him into office and look where in the hell that got us! He stole money that was set aside to educate our children. Now try to explain that. You can't. No load of hot air will do!
Preach to em cotton, BIG MAMA know she loves her some good preaching.
Polyester

Aiken, SC

#20 Aug 31, 2008
Cotton wrote:
<quoted text>
We elected him into office and look where in the hell that got us! He stole money that was set aside to educate our children. Now try to explain that. You can't. No load of hot air will do!
Tell it like it is Cotton I am behind you signed Polyester

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rent/Rent to Own 1 hr Iso 1
God watches and sees what we say ! we will be ... 22 hr old minister 3
What's everybody's beef with Brandon and lil bit? Mon Nunya 2
joelenne Peterson shooting up while pregnant WT... Mon Nunya 12
Man called donkey in Hazlehurst Sun Beverlys cousin 1
Brandon Jackson bobby haynes and another boy st... Sun Nonsense 16
Jeff Davis Hospital - experiences? (Jun '13) Apr 21 Ron 74 53

Hazlehurst Jobs

Personal Finance

Hazlehurst Mortgages