First Prev
of 14
Next Last
psst

Baxley, GA

#1 Aug 26, 2011
I was listening to my scanner earlier and apparently the mayor was arrested tonight. LOL!!!
Mayor

Waterloo, IA

#2 Aug 27, 2011
psst wrote:
I was listening to my scanner earlier and apparently the mayor was arrested tonight. LOL!!!
psst:

You are reporting correctly. I was out turning on someone's water that had failed to be cut on, and answering a call to someone asking for my assistance. I went to the E-911 center and talked to City Police Officer Ms Rivers,(a very nice black woman officer).
When she and I finished talking and I pulled out to leave the E-911 center three county deputy cars pulled out behind me. When I got in front of Buck Elders office I pulled over and parked. They pulled up behind me and then blue lighted me after I had stoped.
The officer came up beside me and ask "Mr Stone how much have you had to drink?" I replied nothing. He ask me to blow in the machine.
After blowing in the machine, he hollered back to the other two officers, "he hasen't been drinking". As they were all gathering up around me I said "this shit has got to cease". They handcuffed me, and very roughly put me in a patrol car and put me in jail. I have just gotten out.

I am still in your service,
R. Bayne Stone
Mayor-Hazlehurst, Ga.

“Freedom is a state of mind.”

Since: Sep 08

Hazlehurst, GA

#3 Aug 27, 2011
Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
psst:
You are reporting correctly. I was out turning on someone's water that had failed to be cut on, and answering a call to someone asking for my assistance. I went to the E-911 center and talked to City Police Officer Ms Rivers,(a very nice black woman officer).
When she and I finished talking and I pulled out to leave the E-911 center three county deputy cars pulled out behind me. When I got in front of Buck Elders office I pulled over and parked. They pulled up behind me and then blue lighted me after I had stoped.
The officer came up beside me and ask "Mr Stone how much have you had to drink?" I replied nothing. He ask me to blow in the machine.
After blowing in the machine, he hollered back to the other two officers, "he hasen't been drinking". As they were all gathering up around me I said "this shit has got to cease". They handcuffed me, and very roughly put me in a patrol car and put me in jail. I have just gotten out.
I am still in your service,
R. Bayne Stone
Mayor-Hazlehurst, Ga.
Glad you are out mayor. What was the charge if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware you couldn't say "shit" to an officer.. I shall have to test those waters at some point.

Anyway, again, glad you're out. I agree.. the kids games need to stop.

“Freedom is a state of mind.”

Since: Sep 08

Hazlehurst, GA

#4 Aug 27, 2011
Also, just so everyone knows.. I'm not defending the Mayor here, as I don't know the LEO's story to this, and was just digging for a little more info.. as I'm pretty sure that saying "this shit has got to cease" isn't a crime in and of itself. Just thought I would get that out of the way before someone beat me to it.
Video

Savannah, GA

#5 Aug 27, 2011
Maybe it's on video...then we can know the whole story.
Mayor

Waterloo, IA

#6 Aug 27, 2011
brohes wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are out mayor. What was the charge if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't aware you couldn't say "shit" to an officer.. I shall have to test those waters at some point.
Anyway, again, glad you're out. I agree.. the kids games need to stop.
brohes:

Disorderly conduct and failing to maintain lane.(I was pulling over to park) The video should show what happened. They said someone reported that I had been drinking. That was not true, someone who really dislikes me that was close by thought at 11:00PM I might be drinking. We have a crooked mess on our hands.

Thanks
Rbayne
Mayor

Waterloo, IA

#7 Aug 27, 2011
brohes wrote:
Also, just so everyone knows.. I'm not defending the Mayor here, as I don't know the LEO's story to this, and was just digging for a little more info.. as I'm pretty sure that saying "this shit has got to cease" isn't a crime in and of itself. Just thought I would get that out of the way before someone beat me to it.
brohes:

You and all decent people need to be defending me. Can you imagine if the mayor gets treated like this, what other poor souls go thru!!! The people processing me wanted to give me special treatment, I said no, treat me like everyone else. A City Mayor, out cutting on someones water, stopping by to listen to a citizen and then sitting on a bench at the E-911 center talking with a city police officer for several minutes, then upon leaving the E-911 center within about 3 minutes handculfed thrown into jail any public servant deserves more respect than that.

In your service,
Rbayne

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#8 Aug 27, 2011
Citizens are in danger from this gang of thugs !! dressed in black...
black cars....
blacked out windows....
Power trippin, ego maniacs.

We must as a community take back this town, from this DRUG MONEY FUNDED operation called police !!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#9 Aug 27, 2011
please do not forget..
there never was really a clean up of the corruption...
one guy took the fall for the whole bunch...
the cast of characters has stayed the same...

Can we get CITIZENS in the sheriff's office or do we have to continue to rely on these career criminals to Tyrannize us ??????????
Mayor

Waterloo, IA

#10 Aug 27, 2011
jefferson davis 1 wrote:
Citizens are in danger from this gang of thugs !! dressed in black...
black cars....
blacked out windows....
Power trippin, ego maniacs.
We must as a community take back this town, from this DRUG MONEY FUNDED operation called police !!
jefferson davis:

Thank you.

R. Bayne Stone
Mayor-Hazlehurst, Ga.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 27, 2011
Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
brohes:
You and all decent people need to be defending me. Can you imagine if the mayor gets treated like this, what other poor souls go thru!!! The people processing me wanted to give me special treatment, I said no, treat me like everyone else. A City Mayor, out cutting on someones water, stopping by to listen to a citizen and then sitting on a bench at the E-911 center talking with a city police officer for several minutes, then upon leaving the E-911 center within about 3 minutes handculfed thrown into jail any public servant deserves more respect than that.
In your service,
Rbayne
Mayor Stone if I am not mistaking that call came through the 911 center so my only thought is right after you talked to the officer at the 911 center the call was made where you were driving. I feel this kind of treatment is a disgrace. It just is another thing added to the list that puts a black shadow over Hazlehurst.
sad

Waterloo, IA

#12 Aug 27, 2011
This is so sad, if they can get you on one think they will try on something each. E-911 records try or let your lawer fine out where the call came from.
noticed

Savannah, GA

#13 Aug 27, 2011
Why was he out at 11:00 p.m turning water on? Seems like this would've been taken care of during business hours by whatever dept. handles that. As far as "failed to be cut on" wouldn't the people needing the water KNOW that most gov't offices close at 5 p.? At 4:45, if I had no water, calls to have water turned on would've been going out then. And isn't a water dept. person on call for after hours stuff? Not sure why the Mayor took that on himself. And what does the officer's sex or ethnicity have to do with anything? Sounds like one side of the story. I have a feeling there's more to come.
Mayor

Waterloo, IA

#14 Aug 27, 2011
noticed wrote:
Why was he out at 11:00 p.m turning water on? Seems like this would've been taken care of during business hours by whatever dept. handles that. As far as "failed to be cut on" wouldn't the people needing the water KNOW that most gov't offices close at 5 p.? At 4:45, if I had no water, calls to have water turned on would've been going out then. And isn't a water dept. person on call for after hours stuff? Not sure why the Mayor took that on himself. And what does the officer's sex or ethnicity have to do with anything? Sounds like one side of the story. I have a feeling there's more to come.
Noticed:

Person had paid deposit, but was failed to be cut on.
They called E-911 and I went out and cut them on. I would have done the same for you or anyone else. Plus it saves the City money.

In your service,
R. Bayne Stone
Mayor-Hazlehurst, Ga.
noticed

Savannah, GA

#15 Aug 27, 2011
Hmmm. Again, seems like the burden of responsibility is on the customer. I would not expect the MAYOR to come out at 11 p.m to cut water on. And if your dept. heads aren't working in salaried positions that raises another issue entirely, but sending that salaried employee, or whoever may be on call for any weekend emergencies/issues that come up shouldn't effect the city's finances. Are you expected to check every clogged drain, pothole, domestic disputes and all the other things that come up on a weekend? If so, you need to run for Sainthood, not Mayor. Are there city policies in place to cover things like this?
Yeller Jacket

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2011
Gestapo tactics: Just like the Jimmy Creamer days:
Like Purvis said back in the 70's, "I'd detour thru Arkansas before I'd go thru Hazlehurst"
Hosey Hill was the only good cop in those days
union

Savannah, GA

#17 Aug 27, 2011
Good thing the City isn't union. What if you were hurt on the job, could you then sue the City Council for allowing you to do things outside of your job duties. I feel your temper probably got out of hand. After all, your known for that.
union

Savannah, GA

#18 Aug 27, 2011
correction: could you then bring a legal suit against the City Council for allowing you or anyone performing duties outside of their job duties.

“Real news www.theintelhub. com”

Since: Jul 11

Portland, OR

#19 Aug 27, 2011
noticed wrote:
Not sure why the Mayor took that on himself. And what does the officer's sex or ethnicity have to do with anything? Sounds like one side of the story. I have a feeling there's more to come.
You think? I have a feeling were dealing with BS and no mayor who plans to run again would ever use the word "black woman". As for the mayor doing menial labor, that is laughable. The only believable part of this post is the abuse of power of the police department, that one I can swallow without a problem. Just saying.

“Real news www.theintelhub. com”

Since: Jul 11

Portland, OR

#20 Aug 27, 2011
I forgot to add that this story would have been easier to swallow if the good Mayor was arrested at a city counsil meeting where a citizen was trying to speak and the mayor was just defending their right to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clean up our town 19 hr just ranting 1
our crooked sheriff Sat farfignewton 35
Theresa Stewart Fri Responsibility 7
Spells Mansion (Nov '08) Feb 26 Dale 394
three teenagers arrested for robbery Feb 26 Rachel Hand-White 27
the voice contestant Feb 26 NOT WONDERING 2
Richest in Jeff Davis (Nov '13) Feb 23 poor person 65
Hazlehurst Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hazlehurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:46 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:46PM
Jacksonville Jaguars: Latest Free-Agency News and Rumors
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?