First Prev
of 10
Next Last
frustrated

Aiken, SC

#1 Feb 20, 2009
I have lived in Hazlehurst for some time now, and I can't seem to find a trained, up to date, TALENTED hair stylist..... hair cutters...SURE a dime a dozen....but every time I show them a pix and ask them to cut this style, I get just a plain ole hair cut, no style to it, or a botched attempt at the style I chose....and no I am not completely ignorant, I know that it all depends on the type hair one has. but is there any talent in Hazlehurst or does one have to drive to Savannah, or Macon, or Atlanta to get a current style???????
Try this

United States

#2 Feb 20, 2009
Try Brooke or Judy at sensations on Hinson St. across from Called to Serve mission store. They have always given me the style I wanted. Very good TRAINED UP TO DATE hair stylists.
Proof of Purchase

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2009
If you haven't been to Judy Andrews, you should. I am a customer of many years! Amd people keep coming back. She is one of the best in Jeff Davis and surrounding counties. Give her a try!!
Rocker Mom and son

White House, TN

#4 Feb 21, 2009
frustrated wrote:
I have lived in Hazlehurst for some time now, and I can't seem to find a trained, up to date, TALENTED hair stylist..... hair cutters...SURE a dime a dozen....but every time I show them a pix and ask them to cut this style, I get just a plain ole hair cut, no style to it, or a botched attempt at the style I chose....and no I am not completely ignorant, I know that it all depends on the type hair one has. but is there any talent in Hazlehurst or does one have to drive to Savannah, or Macon, or Atlanta to get a current style???????
Melissa Parlor at Serenity Salon next to Spell's Exterminating is wonderful. She knows the latest styles and ow to cut and color them. I like wild and edgy cuts and colors and she comes thru every tme with perfection.She NEVER overbooks and when you are in her chair, you have her undivided attention.She takes the time for consultations and truly listens.Unlike many salons, there's absolutely no gossip.It's all about you and your needs.Besides being good at her job, she's honest, sweet, and a caring Christian.We love you Melissa, Janet and Chelsea!:)
redheadpete

Aiken, SC

#5 Feb 21, 2009
Try this wrote:
Try Brooke or Judy at sensations on Hinson St. across from Called to Serve mission store. They have always given me the style I wanted. Very good TRAINED UP TO DATE hair stylists.
Been there and done that... had to get someone else to clean up that mess!!!
simple

Savannah, GA

#6 Feb 21, 2009
Try scott jarrod. he works for ashley morris now. does afantastic job!
ya dont say

Eveleth, MN

#7 Feb 21, 2009
frustrated wrote:
As you may know, they are beauticians not magicians

I bet everyone has had a bad haircut before, I know I have. I have found that if I stick to the same one instead of hopping from one to another, they learn how my hair is and help me find the cut and style that best suits my hair type and texture. Really, you should not blame the stylist if you are expecting them to fix your hair just like a picture. Do you suppose a plastic surgeon could make you look like a model too.
peanut

Aiken, SC

#8 Feb 21, 2009
Definitely Judy at Sensations is the most talented or atleast one of the most talented in town. She has a well established business for a reason. She is very professional and keeps records of colors used on you and such so she can do it right over and over again.... THE BEST!!!
yep

Atlanta, GA

#10 Feb 21, 2009
Rocker Mom, I second the Motion about Melissa. She's done my hair several times in the past for various events and I would trust her over anyone else, Plus she is an absolute sweetheart and a wonderful person. I highly recommend her, check out serenity salon, across from the ledger office.
gloria

Aiken, SC

#11 Feb 22, 2009
I like the country glamour on williams street she is up to date on her styles too.
sms478

Buhl, MN

#12 Feb 22, 2009
Sarah Sutton in Dublin at Beauty Boutique is very good. She knows all the latest techniques in cutting and coloring.She does my hair and it is well worth the drive from Hazlehurst.She dates a friend of mine, that is how I know her.
Gloria

Aiken, SC

#13 Feb 23, 2009
sms478 wrote:
Sarah Sutton in Dublin at Beauty Boutique is very good. She knows all the latest techniques in cutting and coloring.She does my hair and it is well worth the drive from Hazlehurst.She dates a friend of mine, that is how I know her.
Who wants to have to drive to Dublin? I don't for one, plus I keep hearing shop in town to help the town and this would include buying services here in town also.
Barry

Jesup, GA

#14 Feb 23, 2009
Any young sexy hair stylists that can rub some nice boobs against me while im getting my hair did?:)

Aiken, SC

#15 Feb 23, 2009
Barry wrote:
Any young sexy hair stylists that can rub some nice boobs against me while im getting my hair did?:)
You just showed your inmaturity and your ignorance. Sounds like to me since you want someone young, you must be a pervert in need of psychological help or time behind bars.

Since: Dec 08

Hazlehurst, GA

#16 Feb 23, 2009
what about the ladies out on the burketts ferry highway across from the airport?? i cant think of the name of it right now but i have heard good things from women there. they cut my sons hair and keep him entertained the whole time (hard to do with a 7 year old getting a hair cut)
Hairstylist herself

Alma, GA

#17 Feb 23, 2009
simple wrote:
Try scott jarrod. he works for ashley morris now. does afantastic job!
I have seen scotts work,...not the best in the word by any means he is to consumed in how he looks,...His bleahed foils, wow a mess!
resident

Aiken, SC

#18 Feb 23, 2009
Well if the worse thing a person ever does is give a bad hairstyle they are doing good in my book. Yeah some people do better than others, but it sure isn't worth public humiliation. Public officials and latest news is a given on here, but come on people are you gonna drag everyone in Jeff Davis county through the mud?
Rocker Mom and son

White House, TN

#19 Feb 23, 2009
Hairstylist herself wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen scotts work,...not the best in the word by any means he is to consumed in how he looks,...His bleahed foils, wow a mess!
Scott is learning.If he did create a mess, he's not the first or the last to do so. I've had many "messes" myself over the years.
If you're truly a hairstylist, I'm sure you made mistakes as well when you began. And if you really knew Scott, you'd know that he's far from being consumed with his looks. Let's be nice here please.
just an idea

United States

#20 Feb 24, 2009
Hairstylist herself wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known Scott for several years, and have found him to give his all to what ever job he's doing. Any time some one is learning something new, they cannot be expected to be an expert in the beginning of the experience. Gosh! Just look at you,not one single person has commented on the fact that your punctuation,spelling, and grammer "is not the best in the WORLD"
mom

Aiken, SC

#21 Feb 25, 2009
Go to Sensations they do the best. Do not go to Cut -N- Up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karen Boatright 8 min teakwood 1
Guys who jump from woman to woman 6 hr Wearewatchong 1
Hit and run on satilla church rd 12 hr Appling guy 5
Jeff Davis Hospital (Nov '15) 12 hr Pop 46
Tree removal 13 hr Knowsall 4
What happened to..... Dec 1 Biscuit 6
New Community Newspaper (Nov '15) Dec 1 shed 9

Hazlehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance