County Administrator
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Street News

Fort Stewart, GA

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Word on the street is today was our new County Administrators last day on the job ! Poor County Commissioners. They struggle so.
HHH

Irwinton, GA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Yea, he was released this morning.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#3 Feb 6, 2013
There are some things the county commissioners don't want to know that they don't know. There are some things he was finding and showing and they got heart burn thinking how it made them look. Like the uninformed bimbos they are. Just wait until you see the next administrator they hire- I guarantee you he'll be the dumbest one on board so they can continue to hide their inaptitude for the job at hand. I wish the recent administrator well - he was the best governmental thing that has happened to this county in years. Oh well, back to the same old B. S. now.
Would You Every Wonder

Talladega, AL

#4 Feb 7, 2013
I have been saying this for years......if Hazlehurst or Jeff Davis County has anything to do with anything......you can bet you bottom dollar it is going to be screwed up from the get go. That is a sad statement, but it is a very true and factual statement.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2013
Would You Every Wonder wrote:
I have been saying this for years......if Hazlehurst or Jeff Davis County has anything to do with anything......you can bet you bottom dollar it is going to be screwed up from the get go. That is a sad statement, but it is a very true and factual statement.
We are the ones that keep electing these incompetents.
R Bayne Stone

Hazlehurst, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Do Good wrote:
<quoted text>We are the ones that keep electing these incompetents.
Do Good: I think you finally got it!!!!! " WE" are the problem!!!
Regretfully

R. Bayne Stone
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#7 Feb 7, 2013
R Bayne Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Good: I think you finally got it!!!!! " WE" are the problem!!!
Regretfully
R. Bayne Stone
Isn't there such a thing as group or mass mental illness? I know a lynch mob does some stupid things - I think this community has some issues/symptoms of being on a self destruct path almost kin to a will to committ self destruction.
R Bayne Stone

Hazlehurst, GA

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Do Good wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't there such a thing as group or mass mental illness? I know a lynch mob does some stupid things - I think this community has some issues/symptoms of being on a self destruct path almost kin to a will to committ self destruction.
Do Good: Most of my life I thought that if all of the people got together and made a decision it would be right. Regretfully, my confidence in the outcome of such a decision has somewhat diminished.
Regretfully,
R. Bayne Stone
Past Election

Stockbridge, GA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
R Bayne Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Good: Most of my life I thought that if all of the people got together and made a decision it would be right. Regretfully, my confidence in the outcome of such a decision has somewhat diminished.
Regretfully,
R. Bayne Stone
Bayne, looks like some of the information for Hazlehurst and Jeff Davis County needs to be updated. They still have you listed as mayor.

http://jeffdavisga.com/jdtour/index.php...
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
Oh wait a minute, we're in good shape: no co. administrator, a sect. that has been on that job for less than 5 weeks, two newly elected commissioners, and Mr. Wooten as chairman.
Observer

Fort Stewart, GA

#11 Feb 7, 2013
Don't know why the New Administrator was let go. Maybe Tommy will give us his version next week. I do know he had some obstacles right from the start to overcome.

1. He was not from around here.
2. He was Hispanic.
3. He was smart, experienced and apparently had good County Management and Administrative Skills.
4. Most importantly, he had fresh ideas and new, innovative ways of doing things.

Didn't take long to step on the wrong toes while trying to change the Status Quo.

Poor man. What was he thinking.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
We'll know the bottom soon.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#14 Feb 9, 2013
This was a clear case - J. D. has the type Co. Commissioner it deserves. Dumb, ignorant and dead in their seats. Besides being worthless.
None

Allenhurst, GA

#15 Feb 9, 2013
Jul. 19--When the city of Elk Grove unveiled its new transit buses four years ago, it laid claim to the nation's only all-hybrid municipal commuter fleet.

Then came the bus fires.

Now the 21-bus gasoline-electric hybrid fleet costing $10 million is sidelined, and the city is suing the manufacturers and other transit-related contractors for breach of contract.

Among the complaints: at least four bus fires, some 30 catastrophic engine failures, noxious exhaust fumes inside buses and buses unable to achieve freeway speeds with full passenger loads.

Now it's clear that e-tran, the city's transit agency, is destined for change. Elk Grove City Council members say they need to raise fares and increase scrutiny of the city's transit contract.

In the next few months, they will consider cutting ties with transit operator MV Transportation Inc. of Fairfield when its contract ends June 30. MV is one of six defendants named in the city's May 20 lawsuit.

A range of alternatives will be considered, from bringing transit operations in-house to returning to the former service provider, Sacramento Regional Transit.

Already, the road to change is proving bumpy.

THE CITY'S TRANSIT MANAGER, CARLOS TOBAR, LEFT FOR A JOB IN TAMPA, FLA., IN MAY.

IN JUNE, COUNCIL MEMBERS WERE TAKEN BY SURPRISE WHEN THEY LEARNED THE TRANSIT DIVISION WAS ENDING THE FISCAL YEAR $2.1 MILLION OVER BUDGET.

mobilitytechzone.com/news/2008/07/19/3555853....
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#16 Feb 9, 2013
Really and what wonderfull venture were you dong in O8.
Do Good

Fitzgerald, GA

#17 Feb 9, 2013
How long was he with them? Didn't this project start 4 years before 08? You are posting half information. You must be a Jeff Davis commissioner.
makes ya wonder

Blairsville, GA

#18 Feb 9, 2013
Or have any of you thought he might have been let go because he realized employees werent their jobs to par? so he was addressing the fact WHY?Our county hasnt been properly run in yrs. There are court house employees wanting raises and for what reason? I think he realized no one up there was doing their job description so they all hated against him. I guess they wanted a butt kisser and he wasnt it.
crazy train

Jesup, GA

#19 Feb 9, 2013
Observer wrote:
Don't know why the New Administrator was let go. Maybe Tommy will give us his version next week. I do know he had some obstacles right from the start to overcome.
1. He was not from around here.
2. He was Hispanic.
3. He was smart, experienced and apparently had good County Management and Administrative Skills.
4. Most importantly, he had fresh ideas and new, innovative ways of doing things.
Didn't take long to step on the wrong toes while trying to change the Status Quo.
Poor man. What was he thinking.
i am confuzzed,are you talking about tommy or de administrater!
Resident

Newark, CA

#20 Feb 10, 2013
Past Election wrote:
<quoted text>
Bayne, looks like some of the information for Hazlehurst and Jeff Davis County needs to be updated. They still have you listed as mayor.
http://jeffdavisga.com/jdtour/index.php...
The V/M for the city contact number is Ms. Creech who states "for Jack choose"...
Jack Cole is presently the Mayor of Hazlehurst, which should allow for respect in regard to his elected position. A professional outgoing V/M message from Ms. Creech is not an unreasonaable expectation, especially given the length of her Civil Service position.

Voter's...this back patting has gone on far too many years and elections are games of musical chairs involving the same players. The very reason of stagnation! Hazlehurst has become known as an impoverished area of disinterest by professional outsiders.
crazy

Pembroke, KY

#21 Feb 10, 2013
R Bayne Stone wrote:
<quoted text>
Regretfully,
R. Bayne Stone
Pretty weak minded to have believed that in the first place......but oh well - what's new?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Council 9 hr Bicycle Man 5
Jeff Davis Hospital (Nov '15) 9 hr doctor--doctor 5
Race For Mayor (Jul '11) Tue Earth Child 266
Who is the best single looking man in Hazlehurst (Apr '09) Jul 25 dually noted 152
good hair salon in hazlehurst? (Jul '13) Jul 25 inquisative 22
smoking weed (Oct '13) Jul 21 Bob 19
Vapor Shop Jul 20 Wisdom 18

Hazlehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazlehurst Mortgages