First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#1 Apr 1, 2011
I hope whoever murdered Jimmy will pay. If anyone knows anything please contact the police so justice can be served. Rest in peace James. Maybe this is one murder this town can actually solve.?
Kim

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Apr 1, 2011
Is this the murder out north of town yesterday? I was out working and came upon the scene with the crime tape, cops, GBI van, etc at a singlewide mobile home. What happened? Sorry for all family and friends.
Bill

Naples, FL

#3 Apr 1, 2011
I agree that whomever did this should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. However, I don't think you were very fair in they way that you said that maybe this is one murder this town can actually solve. Do you know how hard it is to prove murder? It's not as easy as you see on Law & Order. Also, our SO or PD have never worked alone in investigating a murder. They never do. The GBI always helps in this. The FBI has also helped in investigating murders that happen anywhere, even here. Therefore, you can also blame them for murders here not being solved. However, there have been murders that have been solved. Not everyone of them is, but some of them have.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 1, 2011
Citizen wrote:
I hope whoever murdered Jimmy will pay. If anyone knows anything please contact the police so justice can be served. Rest in peace James. Maybe this is one murder this town can actually solve.?
I know we try not to give out last names but I happen to know 2 Jimmy's & James and one does live in a single wide trailer. can you send me a message on who this one might have been.
what

Moultrie, GA

#5 Apr 1, 2011
Bill wrote:
I agree that whomever did this should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. However, I don't think you were very fair in they way that you said that maybe this is one murder this town can actually solve. Do you know how hard it is to prove murder? It's not as easy as you see on Law & Order. Also, our SO or PD have never worked alone in investigating a murder. They never do. The GBI always helps in this. The FBI has also helped in investigating murders that happen anywhere, even here. Therefore, you can also blame them for murders here not being solved. However, there have been murders that have been solved. Not everyone of them is, but some of them have.
I'm with you 100% on this one Bill.
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#6 Apr 1, 2011
Bill wrote:
That may be true but 99% of the SOLVED murders here is because either someone confessed or they had a video tape. I am not oblivious to the fact the it is tough nor am I criticizing the police department. But from past experience it gets swept under the rug and goes unsolved. it is not like it was years ago. They have the means to solve a crime with forensics testing. It is sad that it was not mentioned on the news because the first 24 hours is critical. I know of two murders that have yet to be solved and all I am saying is I would be surprised if this particular murder actually got solved.
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#7 Apr 1, 2011
softie wrote:
<quoted text> I know we try not to give out last names but I happen to know 2 Jimmy's & James and one does live in a single wide trailer. can you send me a message on who this one might have been.
Breedlove
Bill

Waverly, AL

#8 Apr 1, 2011
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text> That may be true but 99% of the SOLVED murders here is because either someone confessed or they had a video tape. I am not oblivious to the fact the it is tough nor am I criticizing the police department. But from past experience it gets swept under the rug and goes unsolved. it is not like it was years ago. They have the means to solve a crime with forensics testing. It is sad that it was not mentioned on the news because the first 24 hours is critical. I know of two murders that have yet to be solved and all I am saying is I would be surprised if this particular murder actually got solved.
I understand, and sympathize with what you are saying. However, I do not believe that it gets "swept under the rug". There is such a thing as a cold case. This happens when ALL investigative tactics have been exhausted and there is no way to prove the case. These are not swept under the rug. Rather, they are worked on and evidence is still taken into account. However, the trail has run cold and LE has to rely on what evidence they have. In this, they hope for some kind of technological advancement that will help them to better test the existing evidence. The evidence is not thrown away or forgotten about. A&E has an entire series on these. Whether you know it or not, the majority (I don't like to quote percentages like you did because I don't know the actual percentages) of ALL murders EVERYWHERE are solved in the same way that you stated that 99% of the murders here are solved. Therefore, we are pretty much on track with the rest of the world. Solving a crime through sheer investigation, including forensics, is extremely hard. Many times, these methods (it doesn't matter where it is) are not productive. Sometimes they are. I agree that forensics have made it a little easier. However, it is close to impossible to solve a crime by investigation alone. You have to have something placing the person at the scene of the crime. Most times, this is through a picture, video, eyewitness, the perpetrator blabbing to someone or turning themselves in, etc. I agree that I pray to the Good Lord that this and all murders will be solved. However, it doesn't matter if you are in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, or little Hazlehurst, the primary methods are used by all. If they can find a video or get a confession, what need is there to search further. They have done their job; collected evidence to close a case. Remember, that our investigators are required to receive the same training that bigger cities are required to receive. In the end, it is up to how much evidence is actually present, and if they can link said evidence to a person. A great deal of the time, no evidence can be linked to anyone. Don't believe me, go to a bigger town and look at the ratio of crimes committed to crimes solved. Then you may see that our town is pretty much on track.
coolcat

Navarre, FL

#10 Apr 1, 2011
person is in jail ib baxley.
coolcat

Navarre, FL

#11 Apr 1, 2011
duhh sorry in jail in baxley not ib sorry
Anonymous

Dodge Center, MN

#12 Apr 1, 2011
i hope they find out who done this this is so wrong jimmy was a good person he loved life maybe they will find out who done it and they will suffer what goes around comes around

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#13 Apr 1, 2011
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Breedlove
Thank you, My thoughts & prayers go out to his family and loved ones. this is such a tragedy. Being taken in such a way.

Since: Dec 10

United States

#14 Apr 2, 2011
My thoughts & prayer are with the family and friends of Jimmy. May God be with you all in this time of loss. To the Mother of Jimmy, I know the pain you feel in the loss of a child, my heart is with you. May God hold you close..
curious

Baxley, GA

#15 Apr 2, 2011
what is the persons name they have in baxley jail for this crime
Just Sayin'

United States

#16 Apr 2, 2011
It's hard to think anyone could do something so horrible to someone so kind. I heard there was a reward for whoever turned in the person who did it. I pray that person comes forward and justice is served!

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#18 Apr 3, 2011
Has anyone questioned the estranged wife?
saywhat

Dawsonville, GA

#19 Apr 3, 2011
MSO4 wrote:
why would you say his wife is strange. What are you leading to.
MoBo

United States

#20 Apr 3, 2011
MSO4 wrote:
He was never married
sick and tired

United States

#22 Apr 3, 2011
All I can say is the person or people that done this is as sick as they can be. I hope they can fine whom every.
old man

Greensboro, NC

#23 Apr 4, 2011
i heard 3 have been locked up in hazlehurst jail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danielle Howard 15 hr red 2
Jeff Davis County Name Change 17 hr Civic Citizen 53
Walmart coming to Alma...... (May '14) Mon Truth 57
Alma Ga.Detective Major Jerry Blash Mon Scott 2
Daniel lott Jul 26 just wondering 4
Is this the beginning of the 7 years of Tribula... Jul 25 gottcha 3
Sandy Ford Lane (May '09) Jul 25 Morrison 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazlehurst Mortgages