Samantha McEachin

Des Moines, IA

#61 Jul 31, 2009
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not going to just take your kids! I dont always agree with the things they do but they are not going to remove the kids from a good and stable home. If you love your kids than you will do what you need to so you can get them back.
WELL not always but in my case they did but i have all of my kids they are doing good even dad is gone because he did care that he was going to be a da so if people dont know what they are talking about they should keep out even thoughts
Concerned31539

United States

#62 Aug 4, 2009
I can tell you that DFCS workers are paid to do a job based on the policies that the government has set. It is not DFCS' job personally to decide if someone is eligible or not. If someone meets the policy guidelines then that person can be eligible. DFCS worker don't choose who they want to help and who they do not want to help. DFCS workers help anyone who falls within in the guidelines that policy allows.
concerned2 wrote:
I can tell you DFACS is a waste of good money spent by our goverment. The salaries these people are paid is a crime for the work they do, and don't do. These people only care about getting a check and helping a few select people out. Hope you are on the select people side because they sure aren't for the honest working good people, of this community.
1madwoman

United States

#63 Aug 10, 2009
usetolivehere wrote:
DFCS employees dont get paid as much as you think. If you are on the medicaid and food stamp side you start ou at about 23k a year. You also have to go to ATL for about 6 weeks or so to train. The CPS (child protective service) pays a little more about (14 per hour) but you also have to have a four year degree.On the CPS side you may be on call, have to get up in the middle of the night and not go to sleep until the next night. And another thing, just because you call the police and report child abuse does not mean that DFCS will be contacted. The police use their own judgment and they decide if DFCS is called. If you make a direct call to DFCS they have to check it out, this is State Policy. As far as food stamps and other help, the state also sets the guidelins on this as well. Your local DFCS employees only work there they do not set the rules.
DFCS In hazlehurst are a bunch of idiots I know one case where the school called to claim a parent had beat there child only to find out the child had fallen at school to begain with and got a bruise and dfcs made the parents go through alot of sh-t to get there child back. These false claims should be noted and file suits on all involved and this wouldnt happen again . and maybe the school and dfcs would be so fast to judge a parent
handyman

Memphis, TN

#64 Aug 11, 2009
1madwoman wrote:
<quoted text>
DFCS In hazlehurst are a bunch of idiots I know one case where the school called to claim a parent had beat there child only to find out the child had fallen at school to begain with and got a bruise and dfcs made the parents go through alot of sh-t to get there child back. These false claims should be noted and file suits on all involved and this wouldnt happen again . and maybe the school and dfcs would be so fast to judge a parent
i know it causes a lot of unneccessary problems to have the school system report suspected child abuse.(been there years ago) but there a lot of abused children. i would rather them err on the side of caution for the children's well being. child abuse of any kind is wrong. dcfs have a huge responsibility and i'm sure they try to do the best in most every situation
1madwoman

United States

#65 Aug 11, 2009
handyman wrote:
<quoted text>
i know it causes a lot of unneccessary problems to have the school system report suspected child abuse.(been there years ago) but there a lot of abused children. i would rather them err on the side of caution for the children's well being. child abuse of any kind is wrong. dcfs have a huge responsibility and i'm sure they try to do the best in most every situation
I agree on no child should be harmed. However some of those at dfcs abuse there power just to put on a show, they get an excuse from the school to make a loveing parent be put through hell when in the first place there was no actual abuse . children do play and get hurt then mommy kisses there booboo. My point is that school should access the child and address the parents before calling dfcs with a child abuse claim that would save the state and dfcs alot of time and money so they can concentrate on more seriouse issues of actual child abuse . I even seen one of the case workers tear there childs butt up at walmart one evening but I didnt call dfcs because the child needed some disapline for running all over the parking lot. however if it was an actual beating with fist I would have steped in and stopped it and called the law .
Not The Same

Athens, GA

#66 Aug 11, 2009
All cases are not the same. I would rather the parents go through hell and prove dfacs wrong than for one child to be hurt because the school didn't report it. I don't think dfacs does enough in some cases. They remove the children, put them in foster care, the parents staighten up just enough to get the kids back, they return the kids and the sorry ass parents go back to doing the same thing they were before and dfacs never checks back up on them.

Since: Mar 08

where I hang my hat

#67 Aug 11, 2009
Not The Same wrote:
All cases are not the same. I would rather the parents go through hell and prove dfacs wrong than for one child to be hurt because the school didn't report it. I don't think dfacs does enough in some cases. They remove the children, put them in foster care, the parents staighten up just enough to get the kids back, they return the kids and the sorry ass parents go back to doing the same thing they were before and dfacs never checks back up on them.
Where were all you people when that poor child got eaten by the wolf hybred. All we could get here is it was an accident and what a good mother the child had. It sounds like this town needs a good cleaning.
Not the same

Flowery Branch, GA

#68 Aug 11, 2009
Front wrote:
<quoted text>Where were all you people when that poor child got eaten by the wolf hybred. All we could get here is it was an accident and what a good mother the child had. It sounds like this town needs a good cleaning.
CAN YOU READ AND COMPREHEND??????
been there done that

Jacksonville, AL

#69 Aug 12, 2009
People do make false reports to dfcs b/c they get mad with other people. Yes, dfcs has a purpose & should protect children, but I do not think a parent should be put through crap for someone out there mad at them to get revenge. Also, some of you say you would rather parents go through hoops to prove they are innocent than have child hurt. Have you stopped to think what kind of harm it brings to the children who are taken from a false report or one who is taken from falling at school? These kids taken wrongly ARE hurt! Many of the have long term trouble because of the trauma they were put through when momma 7 daddy suddenly were not there anymore! That is abuse to suddenly be moved from your own home when you are perfectly safe there! The system is flawed & needs to be fixed! I know several of the workers here & some of them are nice, but some are smartasses who think they are better than everyone else & can do what they please! At least that Diane lady is not over it anymore, she thought she was God!
Not the same

Flowery Branch, GA

#70 Aug 12, 2009
they don't just go in and take them without an investigation

apple_ pie

Since: Apr 09

Blackshear, GA

#71 Aug 12, 2009
Samantha McEachin wrote:
<quoted text> WELL not always but in my case they did but i have all of my kids they are doing good even dad is gone because he did care that he was going to be a da so if people dont know what they are talking about they should keep out even thoughts
PLEASE pay the people no mind!! they are just a bunch of nosy, miserable also ignorant people to keep trying to make you look bad. PLEASE stop responding to them, thats all they want you to do!!!!!!!! i would bet my right arm half of these people that have talked ugly about you, they probably have some kind of jealous thing going on. so sweetie again....PLEASE STOP RESPONDING TO THEM!! good luck to you sweetie. always keep your chin up ...NO MATTER WHAT!!:)
taz30

United States

#72 Aug 13, 2009
Apple that was very sweet. Didnt know you had it in you.

apple_ pie

Blackshear, GA

#73 Aug 13, 2009
taz30 wrote:
Apple that was very sweet. Didnt know you had it in you.
thanks taz, i'm really not a bad person. have a great day!!........
SASSY BUT CLASSY

Eddyville, KY

#74 Oct 14, 2009
i have been through this with these people several times and frankly i really can't blame defacs themselves, it's the people that constantly call defacs. everyone needs to keep their nose out of other people's business. i was constantly getting calls about me supposedly mistreating my children with no proof and i had them taken from me. i had to go through different programs over a two year period to get them back. i did this just to shut people up. if i was such a bad parent why would defacs even consider letting my children stay with me? it's just that if other people aren't happy unless they are making someone else's life miserable. i understand defacs has a job to do but damn enough is enough. quit wasting my time and yours. you never find anything proof that i am mistreating my children so why even bother. why aren't you looking for the ones that let their kids run wild and on drugs? their are many parents who stayed high off drugs that they have no clue what their children are even doing or where they are at.i have neighborhood kids around 8-12 years that walk the streets all hours of the night and breaking the law. nothing is done to those parents. it's always the ones that work hard and try to make a living that defacs seems to bother instead of the ones that need their kids taken from them.

Hazlehurst,Ga

#75 Oct 14, 2009
SASSY BUT CLASSY wrote:
i have been through this with these people several times and frankly i really can't blame defacs themselves, it's the people that constantly call defacs. everyone needs to keep their nose out of other people's business. i was constantly getting calls about me supposedly mistreating my children with no proof and i had them taken from me. i had to go through different programs over a two year period to get them back. i did this just to shut people up. if i was such a bad parent why would defacs even consider letting my children stay with me? it's just that if other people aren't happy unless they are making someone else's life miserable. i understand defacs has a job to do but damn enough is enough. quit wasting my time and yours. you never find anything proof that i am mistreating my children so why even bother. why aren't you looking for the ones that let their kids run wild and on drugs? their are many parents who stayed high off drugs that they have no clue what their children are even doing or where they are at.i have neighborhood kids around 8-12 years that walk the streets all hours of the night and breaking the law. nothing is done to those parents. it's always the ones that work hard and try to make a living that defacs seems to bother instead of the ones that need their kids taken from them.
We had a problem not to long ago of some kids from the hill in my neighborhood raising cain and doing stuff they shouldnt be well after midnight. Needless to say i put the fear of God in them, contacted thier parents that DIDNT know they were out. I havent seen them on my turf since!
Pink

Atlanta, GA

#76 Oct 15, 2009
Stop attacking your local DFCS and attack your goverment and policy makers. Wanna see real policy informaiton go to ODIS is public policy on Food Stamps and Medicaid. See how cut and dry policy is. As a worker for DFCS we could not be more monitored than what we are. Our DAY is mapped out by policy and clients and cases. Yes some slip through and lie but most of the time we have to "take their statemetn" bc we don't get paid to do ongoing investigations on food stamps. CPS is a nighmare, don't beleive me? Go spend 1 month doing it. Really check out policy on ODIS
Red

White House, TN

#78 Oct 15, 2009
Pink wrote:
Stop attacking your local DFCS and attack your goverment and policy makers. Wanna see real policy informaiton go to ODIS is public policy on Food Stamps and Medicaid. See how cut and dry policy is. As a worker for DFCS we could not be more monitored than what we are. Our DAY is mapped out by policy and clients and cases. Yes some slip through and lie but most of the time we have to "take their statemetn" bc we don't get paid to do ongoing investigations on food stamps. CPS is a nighmare, don't beleive me? Go spend 1 month doing it. Really check out policy on ODIS
Pink it sounds like you have a rough job. All of our jobs are tough at times. I don't understand all of these acronyms you are using. Can you explain what they mean? However, I feel any employee should be thankful for their job as I am. Pink, you signed up to work up there. I'm sure you were not just randomly called up and offered a job. You sought out this job apparently to serve the families and children of this state. I'm sure these policies that map out your day should let an entry level person know what the job will be about, so why not turn the job offer down? Your post seems that you might be stressed out. I'm sure your agency does some good things and I hope you are successful as an employee because you do have and important job, whether we agree on the things your agency provides.

Also, I see this post was made during working hours. I hope you are not spending time surfing the internet and posting while you should be doing your job because I help pay your salary! I don't think ODIS would be happy with you if that's the case. I also hope your records don't have as many spelling errors as your post,(I may have some too.) ODIS won't be happy. LMAO!
Pink

Alma, GA

#79 Oct 15, 2009
You help pay my salary and so does everyone else welcome to the world. My freakin job gets done everyday. I happen to like my job very much. Forgive me to responding to idiots during working hours but I beleive everyone is entitled to 2 15 min breaks working under the state. Don't know how your day goes but I rarely get 15 min to myself, people in and out all day. And I chose my job even after a 4 year college degree. Hard to believe but I make less than $23000 now due to furloughs. I have never been much of a speller sorry if that offends you. Frankly I posted ODIS for your info. I don't give a flip if you look it up or not. My point is before you post make sure you know your facts. What I have read from here are not facts. So until you increase my salary I will continue to do my work and post my opinion any time of the day. It took less than a min to type this and my last post was shorter, so sorry your money is being wasted!
withoutadoubt

Allenhurst, GA

#80 Oct 15, 2009
All of you could do a better job if you didn't notify people when you are going to come by.. By then the people have time to clean up their house and kids plus get rid of the drugs. DFACS should just walk in cold turkey sometimes and really see what a child's life is really like.I know several that would never have their child back--also , they should have to have intense parenting classes. Sure, you do part of the job--and I also know it is a very thankless job. Several of the ones that are under investigation should never have had kids in the first place--also shouldn't keep on having them. What's the solution--who knows--but the isn's enough foster homes for all the abused and neglected (which is a form of abuse to me) children. Wish I had an answer but I don't.
Red

White House, TN

#81 Oct 16, 2009
Pink wrote:
You help pay my salary and so does everyone else welcome to the world. My freakin job gets done everyday. I happen to like my job very much. Forgive me to responding to idiots during working hours but I beleive everyone is entitled to 2 15 min breaks working under the state. Don't know how your day goes but I rarely get 15 min to myself, people in and out all day. And I chose my job even after a 4 year college degree. Hard to believe but I make less than $23000 now due to furloughs. I have never been much of a speller sorry if that offends you. Frankly I posted ODIS for your info. I don't give a flip if you look it up or not. My point is before you post make sure you know your facts. What I have read from here are not facts. So until you increase my salary I will continue to do my work and post my opinion any time of the day. It took less than a min to type this and my last post was shorter, so sorry your money is being wasted!
So are you using your personal computer or state computer to post your opinion? Can I stop by your office and do my web surfing? Does ODIS stand for Official Department of Internet Surfers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who has the biggest penis in baxley? 5 min Rascal 10
Crystal Collins 6 hr Glory Days 1
married with a boyfriend (May '15) 12 hr English Teachers ... 60
joes quik stop 23 hr Bill 2
Jonathan Spires GBI 23 hr Bill 3
Amy Anissa Altman Thornton and Gregg Franklin T... Wed Baxleyman 7
Badcock in baxley Tue Shawn Bennett 1

Hazlehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance