Wreck on Broxton Hwy this morning

Posted in the Hazlehurst Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concern Citzen

Rural Valley, PA

#1 Mar 28, 2011
Does anyone know what happened on the Broxton Hwy this morning. It look bad. Please pray for the family and the victim(s) of the accident
amazed

United States

#2 Mar 28, 2011
Concern Citzen wrote:
Does anyone know what happened on the Broxton Hwy this morning. It look bad. Please pray for the family and the victim(s) of the accident
Young girl from Toombs County was killed in a head on colision with another truck. Don't know who hit who.
Concern

Navarre, FL

#3 Mar 28, 2011
Lots of bad wrecks in Jeff Davis Co. lately. I hope our run down roads are not factor.
Bill

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2011
I agree that the roads are bad. However, not all of them are bad. The particular road that this wreck happened on is probably the worst road in the county. The condition of the road could have contributed to this wreck. Since our roads have not been shown the needed attention from this commission, I will vote against my commissioner in the next election.
Bill

United States

#5 Mar 28, 2011
Yea, two bad wrecks in one week is a lot.
sick and tired

United States

#6 Mar 28, 2011
Prayer go out to all the family's. Again be safe on the roads and don't speed. Buckle up.
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#7 Mar 28, 2011
If I lived out the Broxton Hwy I would camp out in the Commissioners Office until they did something toward repairing this bad road. They have money to run a golf course, put up red lights and about anything else but fix and repair bad roads. How many more lives and wreaks will it take to get their attention on this road?.
amazed

United States

#8 Mar 28, 2011
Citizen wrote:
If I lived out the Broxton Hwy I would camp out in the Commissioners Office until they did something toward repairing this bad road. They have money to run a golf course, put up red lights and about anything else but fix and repair bad roads. How many more lives and wreaks will it take to get their attention on this road?.
Why make assumptions that the road caused the reck? I dont see how a head on colision could be caused by the road. Sounds to me like driver error but I for sure don't know and neither do you.
Bill

White House, TN

#9 Mar 28, 2011
They are not "running" the golf course. Rather, they didn't want another nice facility to go to waste. Also, where have they put up red lights that were not needed? Not all of the wrecks are caused by bad roads. Here's a little secret for ya, some wrecks are caused by unsafe drivers. Imagine that! I agree that many of the roads are in bad shape. However, I do not believe in throwing the blame, for everything, on the elected officials. Some people, like you, want to do that to begin with. Then you come on here and talk about red lights that were never purchased. Maybe there should be a county committee started that would go to the commissioners on behalf of the citizens and tell them exactly what we want done with our tax dollars. What do you think about this idea citizen?
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#10 Mar 28, 2011
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Why make assumptions that the road caused the reck? I dont see how a head on colision could be caused by the road. Sounds to me like driver error but I for sure don't know and neither do you.
If you travel that road often that is a good assumption since you must dodge pot holes. If I had to quess at a cause then that would be at the top of my list. If we can't agree but on only one thing I think you would agree with me on the fact that this is a awful road in need of urgent repairs. I don;t live off that road but I visit my relatives that live out that way often and everytime I travel on it I think about the damage it is doing to my vehicle and how unsafe it is to travel. Our children travel on it in school buses everyday. It has been that way for some time and it is igh time that this road get repaved..
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#11 Mar 28, 2011
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing. If you read what I said then you will see that I never said that wreak was caused by the bad road. I did say that it is a bad road and, has caused many accidents and some lives.
Bill

White House, TN

#12 Mar 28, 2011
Citizen wrote:
How many more lives and wreaks will it take to get their attention on this road?.
You may not have directly stated that the bad roads were the cause of this wreck. However, you did allude to your belief that it was the cause. I agree that we need roads repaired badly. However, bad roads are not always the cause of wrecks. Rather, driver carelessness is the cause of a vast majority of wrecks.
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#13 Mar 28, 2011
Bill wrote:
<quoted text> You may not have directly stated that the bad roads were the cause of this wreck. However, you did allude to your belief that it was the cause. I agree that we need roads repaired badly. However, bad roads are not always the cause of wrecks. Rather, driver carelessness is the cause of a vast majority of wrecks.
You are corrent in that roads do not alsways cause wrecks. Drivers
play an important role in accidents and often events beyond their control such as the other driver.. More often now than in the past a telephone contributes. Sometimes being careful is not good enough because you have little control of the on coming vehicle accept to drive as careful and defencely as possible. Bill lets get on the same page and get our county officals to do something about these bad roads. They may not be able to do anything about vehicle drivers but they can do something about these bad roads and spend our tax dollors wisely when they do build or repair these roads..
Bill

White House, TN

#14 Mar 28, 2011
I agree with every point that you just made citizen. I just have one question. Where will the money to fix all of the roads come from. A good portion of the SPLOST money has been allocated to them. However, there is not enough to fix ALL of them. What did you think of my earlier suggestion. Form a community committee to be the go betweens for the citizens and the commissioners. This committee would work with the commission to see that we are able to do the best that we can with the money that we have. Also, this committee could demand that our commissioners do what we want. I personally do not have a problem with the golf course. Also, I usually do not believe the rumors on here until I see them for myself. I will defend the county government until I am given a reason not to. However, I do feel like there should be a group of citizens that will keep all levels of government in check. What do you think?
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#15 Mar 28, 2011
Bill wrote:
I agree with every point that you just made citizen. I just have one question. Where will the money to fix all of the roads come from. A good portion of the SPLOST money has been allocated to them. However, there is not enough to fix ALL of them. What did you think of my earlier suggestion. Form a community committee to be the go betweens for the citizens and the commissioners. This committee would work with the commission to see that we are able to do the best that we can with the money that we have. Also, this committee could demand that our commissioners do what we want. I personally do not have a problem with the golf course. Also, I usually do not believe the rumors on here until I see them for myself. I will defend the county government until I am given a reason not to. However, I do feel like there should be a group of citizens that will keep all levels of government in check. What do you think?
Great idea. Such a group would be helpful if for no other reason than to remind them in public what they promised.
Hosea

Navarre, FL

#16 Mar 28, 2011
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea. Such a group would be helpful if for no other reason than to remind them in public what they promised.
nd how do youpropose to form such a group?
Bill

White House, TN

#17 Mar 28, 2011
I agree. However, I do not think that they are doing such a bad job. It is true that they could have done some things better. However, I think that such a group could do well to assist the commission on understanding what the whole community wants. Maybe there could be one from each voting district and then one "at large" member. They could be a type of political adviser to their respective commissioner.
Citizen

Navarre, FL

#18 Mar 28, 2011
Bill wrote:
I agree. However, I do not think that they are doing such a bad job. It is true that they could have done some things better. However, I think that such a group could do well to assist the commission on understanding what the whole community wants. Maybe there could be one from each voting district and then one "at large" member. They could be a type of political adviser to their respective commissioner.
Bill, you have a good idea with a great concept. Pursue it and be assured that I would support you in this endeavor and others would also I feel like. Not pointing a finger at anyone of them them I would say in general a politician will do what is expedient and politically popular and not necessarily what is best..
Who cares

Navarre, FL

#19 Mar 28, 2011
The concept is alredy in place: Democratic Party, Republican Party, Tea Party.
sad

United States

#20 Mar 28, 2011
Ok. What are you talking about?...someone concerned about a life originally. Be considerate please. A mom to two young children has lost her life today. I will pray for this family. So so sad. Careless driving, messed up roads, or whatever. It is sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Davis 4 hr BIW 3
Kevin Quinn 9 hr Kathrine 56
Jeff Davis Hospital - experiences? (Jun '13) 11 hr Screwed Taxpayer 48
Marty Meddders & Family 20 hr Joejoe 8
Who has the biggest penis in baxley? (Aug '16) 22 hr Brownman 38
what we see at Huddle House in Hazlehurst Sun james tim 1
home invasion Feb 16 Anonymous 3

Hazlehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance