Hazlehurst hometown support

Hazlehurst hometown support

Posted in the Hazlehurst Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
business owner

Nevada City, CA

#1 Jan 4, 2013
I was so disappointed with the community this chirstmas season...Most of the gift buying was out of town...I had neighbors tell me of items they brought in other town and we have the same items here and they are the same price. Now, if you wanted to buy a gun or a ipad...those business owners did well..but if you wanted to buy clothes, books, home items, jewelry, shoes,computers, flowers or tree dec, gift cards or make-up, 4-wheelers,etc.....Hazlehurst went out of town to buy...shame on you...I am hurt..I heard one parent said "We gave our children money" so the next day .I carried them to Macon to let them buy some items.....Well by the time you brought gas and paid for food.you do not save a dime...If this town dies..It is on Hazlehurst...ALL OF YOU.Next time the football, baseball, basketball, swimteam, y-club, churchs wants me to support them....Do I need to continue...please tell me your thoughts?
Dont be casting stones

United States

#2 Jan 5, 2013
My thoughts are thus: perhaps if so many business owners werent such self righteous jerks then maybe more people would shop with them. say what you want, but i personally wont shop somewhere with rude employees and the owner with their head in the clouds getting all he can and canning all he gets. quit thinking someone owes you something just to see podunk prosper. you want more business? then keep a handle on your rude employees, get you head out of your butt and quit acting like you are better than everyone else, lower your prices to something more competitive and quit trying to screw your customers with high prices and low quality. plain and simple.
business owner

Brent, AL

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Dont be casting stones wrote:
My thoughts are thus: perhaps if so many business owners werent such self righteous jerks then maybe more people would shop with them. say what you want, but i personally wont shop somewhere with rude employees and the owner with their head in the clouds getting all he can and canning all he gets. quit thinking someone owes you something just to see podunk prosper. you want more business? then keep a handle on your rude employees, get you head out of your butt and quit acting like you are better than everyone else, lower your prices to something more competitive and quit trying to screw your customers with high prices and low quality. plain and simple.
Thank you for your thoughts. I am hurt not casting stones. I do all my business banking and buying in Hazlehurst and can not recall this behavior from anyone....Sorry you had this experience..
Observer

Allenhurst, GA

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Seems to me that you answered your own question in your critique of your own customers. For me, alot has to do with the proprietors and their employees attitudes, not the merchandise, nor the price. Rather than find fault with your customers, maybe you need to make a self assessment. I try and avoid shopping at Sellers, due to Myrons unfriendiness, arrogance and lack of appreciation for my business. I avoid Handy Andy due to the little lady at the counters crappy attitude. Never did do much with J&K because the big fellow seemed he was doing you a favor, when you asked for his help. Have seen alot of businesses come and go around here mainly due to lack of business skills, poor business plan and not knowing how to engage the customer. Regardless of what you're selling, it is still a "people" business and if you lack people skills, your chance of failure is increased.
I don't know you from Adam, but blaming and fussing at your customers, because your Hoilday Season was off, is not the way to grow your business.
business owner

Fort Stewart, GA

#5 Jan 5, 2013
Observer wrote:
Seems to me that you answered your own question in your critique of your own customers. For me, alot has to do with the proprietors and their employees attitudes, not the merchandise, nor the price. Rather than find fault with your customers, maybe you need to make a self assessment. I try and avoid shopping at Sellers, due to Myrons unfriendiness, arrogance and lack of appreciation for my business. I avoid Handy Andy due to the little lady at the counters crappy attitude. Never did do much with J&K because the big fellow seemed he was doing you a favor, when you asked for his help. Have seen alot of businesses come and go around here mainly due to lack of business skills, poor business plan and not knowing how to engage the customer. Regardless of what you're selling, it is still a "people" business and if you lack people skills, your chance of failure is increased.
I don't know you from Adam, but blaming and fussing at your customers, because your Hoilday Season was off, is not the way to grow your business.
Thank you for your thoughts
Klutzy

Toccoa, GA

#6 Jan 5, 2013
I agree 100%. I would rather take my business to someone a town over who APPRECIATES it, than spend money here in town with those who look down their noses at you. I do however, make a point to spend money with stores in town that have given me great customer service even at a small cost.
business owner

Fresno, CA

#7 Jan 5, 2013
Klutzy wrote:
I agree 100%. I would rather take my business to someone a town over who APPRECIATES it, than spend money here in town with those who look down their noses at you. I do however, make a point to spend money with stores in town that have given me great customer service even at a small cost.
thank you for given those stores your business . I know they appreciated it.
if you say

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2013
Lot of the hometown businesses don't advertise much or let the people know about sale that they have. Some people would love to open a business. Here but the county want help no one
Naw

Birmingham, AL

#9 Jan 5, 2013
I just got to tell ya, Hazlehurst has not ever made me a living and I do not expect it to. I have not ever bought anything in Hazlehurst and I do not ever intend to. When I need something, I head outta town where my items are cheaper and of better quality. If Hazlehurst drys up, it will not affect me one bit. I leave Hazlehurst every morning around 3:30-4:00 a.m. for my office and I get back here around 9:00-9:30 p.m. So, there in not a single reason I would need to buy a damn thing in Hazlehurst. That is just the way it is. Sorry, if I am being blunt.
business owner

United States

#10 Jan 5, 2013
if you say wrote:
Lot of the hometown businesses don't advertise much or let the people know about sale that they have. Some people would love to open a business. Here but the county want help no one
to advertise is very costly,and the city nor the county will help you..thanks for your thoughts
business owner

United States

#11 Jan 5, 2013
Naw wrote:
I just got to tell ya, Hazlehurst has not ever made me a living and I do not expect it to. I have not ever bought anything in Hazlehurst and I do not ever intend to. When I need something, I head outta town where my items are cheaper and of better quality. If Hazlehurst drys up, it will not affect me one bit. I leave Hazlehurst every morning around 3:30-4:00 a.m. for my office and I get back here around 9:00-9:30 p.m. So, there in not a single reason I would need to buy a damn thing in Hazlehurst. That is just the way it is. Sorry, if I am being blunt.
WOW..I have no words..but thank you for your thoughts
Rowdy

Gainesville, GA

#12 Jan 5, 2013
I love Googes
Pops

United States

#13 Jan 6, 2013
People are all the same they would rather support a big name stores than a Mom N Pop store and buy a name instead of quality just so they can say I got one of those big name items. I know for a fact that 99% of all house hold appliances are made at the same plant they make a run of one name and change the name on the same product in mid shift using the same format. As are lawnmowers are all the same just change the name brand paint color and people fall for it.
hello

Allenhurst, GA

#14 Jan 6, 2013
yall cant say hazlehurst dont take care of their bussiness in hazlehurst look at woody out there hes sucking all the money outta jeff davis and surrounding counties and sending it all to appling county started kevin carter out then got foster rowland started then got simmons going rite across from the new 5 million ford place going up in appling county thanks woddy for making appling county a nicer place to work and live with the money from jeff davis county
other observer

Stone Mountain, GA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
this is so funny... why..why.. would you live in a town you do not do business with..These businesses are employment for your neighbor for goodness...
jusme

Milford, IN

#16 Jan 7, 2013
business owner..... what pops said is so true. It has been true for years. Many business here have contributed to this community thru supporting the many fund raisers and other things that happen here. They dont get the recognition like Wal Mart and other big businesses. They have helped those in need with allowing them to charge when they were a little short of funds. They have given items to needy families all thru the year. They do this because this is their home too. No matter where you do business, you will find at least one person that will not be helpful or friendly. We all have times when we are not so "friendly". Do we want people to turn away from us or stop being friends because we make a mistake or have a day? Of course not!! Try to make the place you live a successful place, a nice place for you and your family to live.
local yokel

Allenhurst, GA

#17 Jan 7, 2013
I do support many local buisnesses,you can hardly blame anyone for going wherever they are going to get the best bargin and service.And some of these locals make up for their 'credit service' by charging more for their products(gas,meat,etc.).Many also are willing to accept food stamps in exchange for cash and non-food items.I just don't see this as a service to any of us.
business owner

Stone Mountain, GA

#18 Jan 7, 2013
jusme wrote:
business owner..... what pops said is so true. It has been true for years. Many business here have contributed to this community thru supporting the many fund raisers and other things that happen here. They dont get the recognition like Wal Mart and other big businesses. They have helped those in need with allowing them to charge when they were a little short of funds. They have given items to needy families all thru the year. They do this because this is their home too. No matter where you do business, you will find at least one person that will not be helpful or friendly. We all have times when we are not so "friendly". Do we want people to turn away from us or stop being friends because we make a mistake or have a day? Of course not!! Try to make the place you live a successful place, a nice place for you and your family to live.
Thank you for your kind words...and yes what you said is true . I have supported every church, school, sport club, and needy family, who walked through my door. I have Held checks for weeks, been given bad checks and paid NSF on my bank account because their bad cheek came back...need i continue..all because I love my town and my neighbors...but people if we cant support each other during the next four years, our town may become a ghost town...if there is no stores, we have no sales taxes, then our land taxes go up ..this hurts everyone
local yokel

Allenhurst, GA

#19 Jan 7, 2013
business owner wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your kind words...and yes what you said is true . I have supported every church, school, sport club, and needy family, who walked through my door. I have Held checks for weeks, been given bad checks and paid NSF on my bank account because their bad cheek came back...need i continue..all because I love my town and my neighbors...but people if we cant support each other during the next four years, our town may become a ghost town...if there is no stores, we have no sales taxes, then our land taxes go up ..this hurts everyone
you sound like one of the buisneses in town that I hope that I do patronize,and also hope will be able to remain solvent.
charlie

Athens, GA

#20 Jan 8, 2013
Get us some places to shop other than Goody's and Walmart and the dollar general and shoe show and we would not have to go out of town. Our county won't allow any new businesses to come in Hazlehurst. Look at Baxley, if they can get a Hibbitt's, why can't Hazlehurst? We need some eating places to other than McDonalds and BK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazlehurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keisha Whitley church of God train wreak! 21 hr Sandy 17
Bass for Sheriff....What a joke now 21 hr Been there 96
Lil'earl carter 22 hr Old friend 1
Chris allen Sat sarah 20
Wreck in Alma (Feb '16) Sat Farrell Landon 20
You Go Burtis Taylor Sat perry lee kanker 5
Johnny Lavern (Snake) Walsh Sat PI 7

Hazlehurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazlehurst Mortgages