Prairie county sheriff

Since: Mar 12

conway

#42 Mar 30, 2012
Here's one to research, check into which candidate was arrested in the Little Rock area about 7 years ago for DWI. After calling in some favors this person didn't even get a slap on the wrist.
a friend is a friend

Dallas, TX

#43 Mar 30, 2012
Wallace has one business that is a transport company that carries medical records and blood samples from doctors clinics to the labs in Little Rock, him n his wife also own a florist in Hazen. Wallace is pretty smart when it comes to business management. If more voters in Prairie county would just meet with him and listen to him with a open mind they would be surprised at his knowledge and his understanding of what it takes to be a good sheriff. We voters don't need to elect or shall I say Re elect someone just because they are just wanting two more years so that they can retire( Burnett)or someone who has made the comment several times that they are just trying to get their name out there for next election(Sutton).
trying to understand

Dallas, TX

#44 Mar 30, 2012
What is the deal with our current sheriff getting of all people Mark Spain to being a deputy? The sheriff started out with him as his chief deputy during the sheriffs first term and then made Spain either turn in his notice or risk being fired due to his "questionable work". Now since it is election time he hires him as a part time deputy paying him a good salary( that could go toward having a full time deputy). All this while Spain is also serving as the Chief in Devalls Bluff. Why not just give him a county authorization card like all the other officers in the county have? He would have the same powers just the county wouldn't be out of anymore money. Something here is not adding up, unless Spain knows something that the rest of us don't know.All I know is it just doesn't make much since to bring someone back into the sheriffs Dept that you let go and that has a past like He does... Things are definitely shaky
lol

Dallas, TX

#45 Mar 30, 2012
patrick cook wrote:
Here's one to research, check into which candidate was arrested in the Little Rock area about 7 years ago for DWI. After calling in some favors this person didn't even get a slap on the wrist.
If I remember right the thing you're talking about was the one trying to get re elected and since he was a current officer Bryant or Benton let him go at a roadblock one night

conway

#46 Mar 30, 2012
Yeppers
Des arc king

Olive Branch, MS

#47 Mar 30, 2012
ok lets take a vote I vote burnett

conway

#48 Mar 30, 2012
I vote to get Burnett out
Concerned citizen

Olive Branch, MS

#49 Apr 1, 2012
Im for gary burnett right now hes done a decent job. I dont care where you go no one is satisfied completely with any sheriff. I dont know anything at all about Sutton, What I seen about Wallace on here I dont like just know bhim when I see him have heard bad thing around town about him but am going to check him out closer to see if any truth to it or not I have been told to ask the person he is buying his store from and they would confirm some stories I have seen on here, but until I actually check it out for myself I dont know. If he comes up clean I could change my mind and vote for him but right now the only reason I will not vote for him is because of that hateful mother of his

conway

#50 Apr 2, 2012
His mother isn't running for sheriff, Mike is a good person. He has well mannered respectful children. I know Mike and his family very well and as far as I know he has nothing to hide ort be ashamed of.

Olive Branch, MS

#51 Apr 2, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
Im for gary burnett right now hes done a decent job. I dont care where you go no one is satisfied completely with any sheriff. I dont know anything at all about Sutton, What I seen about Wallace on here I dont like just know bhim when I see him have heard bad thing around town about him but am going to check him out closer to see if any truth to it or not I have been told to ask the person he is buying his store from and they would confirm some stories I have seen on here, but until I actually check it out for myself I dont know. If he comes up clean I could change my mind and vote for him but right now the only reason I will not vote for him is because of that hateful mother of his
i went and talked to wallace and found out that the store is already paid for and asked him some other questions the man does not seem to be hiding anything and also could show that the store was paid in full in just 7 months. He also is very knowledgeable about buisness and law enforcement. So for the people who have not made up thier minds just talk to the man he told me to call come by or email him anytime i had questions i have never gotten that from the other two running for office.
truth be the truth

Frisco, TX

#52 Apr 2, 2012
I was and have been a very big Burnett Supporter through out the years but recently I had some questions about things I've witnessed with both him and his administration and I cannot get answers from him about it he always skips around the questions everytime I bring them up. I recently decided to go talk to both the other candidates and Bruce Sutton told me one thing the first time I spoke to him then told me a different story the next time I talked to him and he has good ideas but from what I can tell he is more of a politician than a police officer. Mike Wallace answered all my question and was straight forward with his answers. He actually knows the law and doesn't seem to be afraid to go after the thugs and thief's. Plus with four kids he said that he is bound and determined to fight the drugs in our county. Now out of the three Wallace was the only one who has said anything about fighting drugs. My one vote is going to be for Wallace.
hazen boy

Olive Branch, MS

#53 Apr 2, 2012
I still have not decided went to school with mike but didnt know much about him. I have heard he is a quiter but dont know. Burnett is been rumored to have a drinking problem but who knows, I know nothing about sutton so im not considering him. I would like to see a debate but thats not happening. So what do you do flip a coin.
hazen boy

Olive Branch, MS

#54 Apr 4, 2012
truth be the truth wrote:
I was and have been a very big Burnett Supporter through out the years but recently I had some questions about things I've witnessed with both him and his administration and I cannot get answers from him about it he always skips around the questions everytime I bring them up. I recently decided to go talk to both the other candidates and Bruce Sutton told me one thing the first time I spoke to him then told me a different story the next time I talked to him and he has good ideas but from what I can tell he is more of a politician than a police officer. Mike Wallace answered all my question and was straight forward with his answers. He actually knows the law and doesn't seem to be afraid to go after the thugs and thief's. Plus with four kids he said that he is bound and determined to fight the drugs in our county. Now out of the three Wallace was the only one who has said anything about fighting drugs. My one vote is going to be for Wallace.
talked

conway

#55 Apr 5, 2012
Well to me drugs are a big deal these days, and as far as I can tell there are no drug awareness programs being used. I think that more outreach is needed and that is a goal of Wallace's. Between that and getting deputies to earn a paycheck instead of just having it given to them. Mike wants to get back to the days when people were scared to commit crimes because the sheriff and his staff were doing they're job.
eddie

Olive Branch, MS

#56 Apr 5, 2012
Patrick my name is eddie joslin are you from our county I dont believe I have ever meet you but I think you are informative I would like to see more from the other ones running. Im sure you are biased for wallace but if the others are not telling anything all I can go by is what you tell

conway

#57 Apr 6, 2012
I work at Riceland Foods in Hazen. I'm not biased but after seeing the shape that the county is in right now and talking with the candidates, I feel that Mike actually has an agenda that benefits the county not personal gains. I have heard Burnett say that he just wants two more years to make his retirement better. I have also heard Sutton make the comment that he just wants to get his name out there for a later election.
eddie

Elmhurst, IL

#58 Apr 6, 2012
but what county do you live in

conway

#59 Apr 6, 2012
I live in hazen
eddie

Olive Branch, MS

#60 Apr 10, 2012
I have been told that wallaces business in town is not as stated if anyone wants the truth talk to the girl he is buying from notice I said buying I think you will be surprised. Sounds like Burnett will get my vote

Olive Branch, MS

#61 Apr 11, 2012
You have been told wrong eddie....the business in town the wallaces own is paid for and has been september 2011. I think you might need to talk to wallace and get the truth rather than taking someone elses word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min Reality Check 38,840
Who is the black guy at Lenox and maintenance i... 8 hr Carl 3
Scott Craig Tue Jeremy d Perkins ... 4
Big Ds Prostitutes (Dec '14) Mon Big Greedy 5
to mayor jw green and city council (Jun '15) Aug 21 Who cares 85
Bob Davis Road Property Aug 19 Ryan S 3
Broke Farmers Aug 19 Ryan S 15

Hazen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance