IS MURRAY REALLY JACKSONms

IS MURRAY REALLY JACKSONms

Posted in the Hazel Forum

the help

Puryear, TN

#1 Mar 18, 2013
is THIS PLACE STILL STUCK IN THE 60'S SO BAD ......racism ruining this community.....what is wrong with some people here...bashing people of color , gays, and interracial relationships..even our students of color..have you no shame......are people here such morons that they really think this way still...i bet they still control their wives at home....either they dont know any better or this place has gone to hellz and hand basket with the issues of racism here...its just disgusting how this community still treats people.....extreme amount of racism here still after all this time.......even at calloway schools its just awful how students are allowed to bully and treat others....i guess some people think its ok to behave like this..but it sure is not! cannot believe how stuck in the dark ages this town is still and how it treats the human race here...take a long look murray ..is this truly how you want to raise your children? its wrong on so many pages! the biggest complaint is people shouting across walmart parking lots racial slurs and people are just suppose to live with it..and my kids hear this on daily basis and ask why people are so dif here in murray....GROW UP MURRAY AND LEARN SOME DECENCY towards others.... cannot believe still how some people act in this town.
Bruester

White Oak, TX

#2 Mar 19, 2013
i think it is from having a black prez.
heartfull

Woodstock, IL

#3 Mar 19, 2013
This town has always been a sxxxhole, u all just now fig that out ,i agree Bruestur.
Really

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 19, 2013
I know of many mixed couples, black & white and many gay couples.Some own their own businesses and are respected members of the community. I don't think Murray is stuck in the '60's. Fairly progressive because of MSU. You want to step back in time, try Mayfield or any smaller town in the river counties.
wants to know

Brownsville, TN

#5 Mar 19, 2013
If you find Murray to be that offensive, the bigger question is, why don't you move? I promise no one will miss you.
Just Sayin

Murray, KY

#7 Mar 19, 2013
I live in this community and I hardly ever see or hear this type of crap. I see people who are different all the time, but I see them treated well all the time, too. The worst type of racism I see in Murray, and only by a few people, is how Hispanic people are talked about, mostly when they are not around.

Yeah, you're gonna see it in the schools. Bullying is a problem, no doubt, but if it wasn't color or race, kids would pick on each other for what shoes they were wearing.

Yeah, it happens alot on Topix, but the fact is people are bigger jerks when they don't have to show their faces. It makes them feel clever, or important, or something.

Murray is a wonderful place to live and to raise a family. Not to be mean, but if you don't feel that way, you really should probably move to a place you are comfortable with. But, if you move somewhere else and see only the bad things there, you won't be happy there either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Governors and their aftermath 13 min Soxfan 218
patience 26 min BS meter 5
Tom's Pizza 46 min This Chick 14
Anthony (Tony) Moryl (Jan '13) 3 hr just asking 10
Catlin Garner 4 hr Sad 6
Trash Can Thief in Murray 7 hr MAGA 1
jesse 8 hr Bob 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazel Mortgages