Murray is getting too big
Mr Big

Mayfield, KY

#43 May 9, 2013
I have got to give Murray Props! Chicks are just throwing the booty out there to be taken. Thanks Murray for going wet in so many ways!!!!!!!!!!
Best answer I can give

Rowlett, TX

#44 May 9, 2013
Ok I will admit the truth, Murray rocks! Paris is nothing but a corupt drug haven. If I was not hooked on crack so bad I would move back to Murray.
Best answer I can give

Chapel Hill, NC

#46 May 10, 2013
What you really need to admit is that you are using my name for your post to make me look bad.

If you can't make up your own name don't say anything.

I can't prove it but post #44 is not mine.
Best answer I can give

Benton, KY

#47 May 10, 2013
I can also prove that I wasn't born. And that I have not posted anything on Topix today.

Why Won't anybody listen to me?
Best answer I can give

Dallas, TX

#48 May 10, 2013
Can you guys tell when the crack wears off?
Between the Rivers Refuge

Crofton, KY

#50 May 11, 2013
Too late wrote:
The first thing they need to accomplish is getting someone off their lazy a ss and make sure the light bulbs are burning on their bridges.
If you are refering to the Eggner's Ferry Bridge that was hit by the M/V DELTA MARINER, that is not in Calloway County. It is technically in Trigg County, but that part of Trigg County belongs to the Federal Goverment. Tell Obama to replace the shot light bulbs. That's about his level of competency.
Holly

United States

#51 May 11, 2013
Between the Rivers Refuge wrote:
<quoted text>If you are refering to the Eggner's Ferry Bridge that was hit by the M/V DELTA MARINER, that is not in Calloway County. It is technically in Trigg County, but that part of Trigg County belongs to the Federal Goverment. Tell Obama to replace the shot light bulbs. That's about his level of competency.
Actually it's the republicans that keep blocking infrastructure spending.
Too late

Murray, KY

#52 May 11, 2013
Between the Rivers Refuge wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are refering to the Eggner's Ferry Bridge that was hit by the M/V DELTA MARINER, that is not in Calloway County. It is technically in Trigg County, but that part of Trigg County belongs to the Federal Goverment. Tell Obama to replace the shot light bulbs. That's about his level of competency.
The last I heard, it was under state highway maintenance. If I remember correctly, TVA controls shoreline to 375 feet above sea level elevation, the Army Corps of Engineers controls waterways, the state controls state highways that span the rivers. Obama might get Jay Carney to change out the bulbs, he seems too be quite adept at hanging by his fingernails over a drop off. It looks like a bunch of them may soon be taking a plunge.
Blame Game

Murray, KY

#53 May 11, 2013
Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's the republicans that keep blocking infrastructure spending.
Actually, here's the actuality of your statement, it's BS.
Holly

United States

#54 May 11, 2013
Blame Game wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, here's the actuality of your statement, it's BS.
Pick up a newspaper. The republicans have blocked every spending bill since Obama took office including infrastructure. The house republicans especially.
Heere

Columbia, TN

#55 May 11, 2013
Eggners Ferry Bridge carries US 68 as well as KY 80. US 68 is a federal highway, not state. I believe the US is paying a portion of the new bridges.
Blame Game

Murray, KY

#56 May 11, 2013
Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick up a newspaper. The republicans have blocked every spending bill since Obama took office including infrastructure. The house republicans especially.
Show me a newspaper that reports in the center, then I'll sell my ocean front property in Arizona.
The Zodiac

Owensboro, KY

#57 May 13, 2013
Does it really matter? None of us will see either of the new bridges. Maybe our grandchildren will?
Holly

Benton, KY

#58 May 13, 2013
Blame Game wrote:
<quoted text>Show me a newspaper that reports in the center, then I'll sell my ocean front property in Arizona.
Your right. I'm sure they are switching the names and party affiliations on the votes for and against bills.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#59 May 13, 2013
The Zodiac wrote:
Does it really matter? None of us will see either of the new bridges. Maybe our grandchildren will?
I plan on seeing both bridges, and I'm not particularly young. They are an inevitability and one that is not in the distant future.
The Zodiac

Owensboro, KY

#60 May 13, 2013
2Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan on seeing both bridges, and I'm not particularly young. They are an inevitability and one that is not in the distant future.
I'm in my 30's and I'm not that optimistic. Has work even began? I'm not so sure it has. Here's the real question:

Which get completed first; the widening of 641 to the TN line, a bypass or the lake bridges? Hell, even one bridge.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#61 May 13, 2013
The Zodiac wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in my 30's and I'm not that optimistic. Has work even began? I'm not so sure it has. Here's the real question:
Which get completed first; the widening of 641 to the TN line, a bypass or the lake bridges? Hell, even one bridge.
That's easy. The bridges are already in the works and preliminary work has already started. The other stuff will be many years from now.
The Zodiac

Owensboro, KY

#62 May 13, 2013
How many years has the "preliminary work" take? They've been doing that for at least three years now. I'll believe it when I see the bridge actually going up.
The Answer

Columbia, TN

#63 May 13, 2013
The lagoon bridge contract was let last month and they're moving dirt now for it as well as the new causeways (at Kentucky Lake). You'll see it completed by this time next year and we'll see the main bridge peirs start to go up very shortly afterwards.

On the other hand, US 641 south will never get four-laned because no one in Frankfort cares about Calloway County.
Two Lane Forgotten

Murray, KY

#64 May 14, 2013
Talking about 641 south, traffic flow has diminished quite a bit since Murray went wet. Would almost bet 121 south carries a similar amount of traffic daily. What? Frankfort not caring, the county don't even care about much of anything or anyone out that way. That property tax rate is just the same however. Their on that extended benefit list. Extended so far they hardly get any. Half ass mow job about twice a year and a little salt in winter if there's any left over. That about sums it up. I almost forgot, if you're far enough out, you get the prestigious name of "Lake Trash" as well, also added into the benefits list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murray High Football 2 min mhs 43
Need a car repainted 5 min Anysuggestions 4
Daisy lowe? 32 min Brittanybitch 1
Joey costilow 33 min Brittanybitch 2
court square confederate monument 2 hr oicunu812 57
Briggs closing 3 hr yaya 5
tina hilt 6 hr Arkansas bound 4

Hazel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance