Breathitt Co. school board threatens ...

Breathitt Co. school board threatens state with lawsuit

Posted in the Hazel Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Enlightenment

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2013
observer

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jul 11, 2013
You can bet your bottom dollar this lawyer does not take a case unless he knows he can win it and unless it will make a big name for him. The KDE has a battle on its hands and this lawyer will eat Hammons up and spit him out in court.
wow

Winchester, KY

#4 Jul 11, 2013
you liked him when it meant getting rid of harv. I think pillersdorf will lose this case.
wow

Winchester, KY

#5 Jul 11, 2013
I meant ARCH
listening

Winchester, KY

#6 Jul 11, 2013
might be a little less suspect if they had a different lawyer than that piece of crap
idk

Richmond, KY

#7 Jul 11, 2013
They ask for a clean up. Politics still plays a roll. Ppl were laid off with lots of years an kept ppl with a couple. Its still politics in breathitt county. You got what you ask for an now ride out the storm.
Aidz is my future

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jul 11, 2013
i am sure the board members know more than the people sent in by the state you people are so dumb.
dda

Mount Sterling, KY

#9 Jul 11, 2013
just wanted to know what is the state doing to breathitt county schools?
Aidz is my future

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Jul 11, 2013
let him have it they will only scrap it out so whats the big deal.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#12 Jul 11, 2013
It would be great to see the state retaliate with investigations into possibly illegal activities on the part of the school board members.

Go big or go home; the state has failed Breathitt children by doing such a halfway job cleaning house.
Aidz is my future

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Jul 11, 2013
let the state do its job it will take time to get ever thing in place the board had it screwed up so bad so please let them do there job and four or five years later people will be glade the state took it over.
oh my

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Jul 11, 2013
2DamnLiberal wrote:
It would be great to see the state retaliate with investigations into possibly illegal activities on the part of the school board members.
Go big or go home; the state has failed Breathitt children by doing such a halfway job cleaning house.
No, the voters of Breathitt County failed the children by continuing to vote in the same board members year after year who did not put the children first. It was all about what they could get for themselves, so no the state is not to blame, the citizens are.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#15 Jul 11, 2013
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the voters of Breathitt County failed the children by continuing to vote in the same board members year after year who did not put the children first. It was all about what they could get for themselves, so no the state is not to blame, the citizens are.
I agree. The students have been wronged twofold. I hope the newer members (Holbrook and Gross) are better than the others who are either directly culpable or just negligent.
Mrs Parks

Georgetown, KY

#16 Jul 11, 2013
wow wrote:
you liked him when it meant getting rid of harv. I think pillersdorf will lose this case.
The civil rights of Appalachians are being violated. Pillerdorf knows the law and if he didn't know he could win, he wouldn't be taking the case.
some bad some good

Winchester, KY

#18 Jul 11, 2013
I have seen a little good done since the state has been here. However I have also seen bad. I am an unbiased person and have nothing to gain or lose in decisions they make. But I do have an opinion & know right from wrong. You do not allow any person to work until 2 years of retirement and send them home. You do not promise a person they will be back next year & hire someone OUT OF THE SYSTEM to fill that position. In my humble opinion every vacant position should be filled with another person that got laid off BEFORE they find a new employee or before they start hiring from Jackson City. This is not a JCS bashing either. But jobs should be filled by BCS employees before they go elsewhere. Thats the problem I have with them. It appears to be just like before. And one more thing before I sign off...I DO NOT LIKE BEING CALLED IGNORANT HILLBILLIES by the new super. I have noticed he does not care to take the outlandish salary these ignorant hillbillies pay him. If that is his opinion then I wish he would just go back to his hometown. They may want him. We do not. I do not know him nor do I want to. Seems to me his hometown is not too far down the road from here so I doubt his neighbors there may not be so educated as he thinks they should be. His crap stinks just the same as mine & I put my britches on just like he does and he is no better than anyone else just because he calls himself a superintendent. I wouldn't be so cocky if I was him because it looks pretty bad on him to be so blasted greedy for money. Right is right & wrong is wrong. How is he helping us when all he wants is the salary he gets paid. And if I am hearing right he is looking for an assistant. That will make THREE SUPER SALARIES that will be paid out and everyone already saying we are broke. Well explain to us dumb hillbillies how that is right? Let him keep having school when it snows just like our kids do not count for anything and when there is a bus wreck I am betting he will have a high price to pay
and another thing

Winchester, KY

#19 Jul 11, 2013
I also forgot to add if an employee is bad and not doing their job then let them go. But if you let some bad ones go then get them all. Don't just hang on to the kissers which is what I am seeing. Some got raises and days according to reports and some that got rewarded were some bad ones and it is well known so don't start acting like you have come up here and picked up stupidity. Us ignorant hillbillies may be smarter than you give us credit for.
Pitiful

Martin, KY

#20 Jul 12, 2013
That is all!
little man

Winchester, KY

#21 Jul 12, 2013
some bad some good wrote:
I have seen a little good done since the state has been here. However I have also seen bad. I am an unbiased person and have nothing to gain or lose in decisions they make. But I do have an opinion & know right from wrong. You do not allow any person to work until 2 years of retirement and send them home. You do not promise a person they will be back next year & hire someone OUT OF THE SYSTEM to fill that position. In my humble opinion every vacant position should be filled with another person that got laid off BEFORE they find a new employee or before they start hiring from Jackson City. This is not a JCS bashing either. But jobs should be filled by BCS employees before they go elsewhere. Thats the problem I have with them. It appears to be just like before. And one more thing before I sign off...I DO NOT LIKE BEING CALLED IGNORANT HILLBILLIES by the new super. I have noticed he does not care to take the outlandish salary these ignorant hillbillies pay him. If that is his opinion then I wish he would just go back to his hometown. They may want him. We do not. I do not know him nor do I want to. Seems to me his hometown is not too far down the road from here so I doubt his neighbors there may not be so educated as he thinks they should be. His crap stinks just the same as mine & I put my britches on just like he does and he is no better than anyone else just because he calls himself a superintendent. I wouldn't be so cocky if I was him because it looks pretty bad on him to be so blasted greedy for money. Right is right & wrong is wrong. How is he helping us when all he wants is the salary he gets paid. And if I am hearing right he is looking for an assistant. That will make THREE SUPER SALARIES that will be paid out and everyone already saying we are broke. Well explain to us dumb hillbillies how that is right? Let him keep having school when it snows just like our kids do not count for anything and when there is a bus wreck I am betting he will have a high price to pay
I don't know who you are, but you have posted the most sensible post I have read on this subject....and he called us "ignorant". HA!!!!
greedy board members

Hyden, KY

#22 Jul 12, 2013
they fired stevens for no reason and now they got the same thing done to them,but she is at home getting retirement and they all have to keep working,karma sure is a bitch.bet the state is scared, they fired some crooks and now the crooks are trying to sue the state,,, good luck with that.i love it,i love it.hope he fires more of the deadbeats from the school system.
sage

Georgetown, KY

#23 Jul 12, 2013
greedy board members wrote:
they fired stevens for no reason and now they got the same thing done to them,but she is at home getting retirement and they all have to keep working,karma sure is a bitch.bet the state is scared, they fired some crooks and now the crooks are trying to sue the state,,, good luck with that.i love it,i love it.hope he fires more of the deadbeats from the school system.
You sound like such a sweet loving person. You are calling fellow Breathitt countians crooks and deadbeats and seem to be happy they have lost their jobs... people with families who are now out of work. This man is creating jobs for outsiders, bringing them in and giving them jobs with this money. You seem to be rejoicing in this. I just wonder, how do you sleep at night?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Wisdom of God 171,934
Magistrate not attending meeting 1 hr Whick 31
You say you hate me but you watch me your not a... 1 hr Pathetic 1
Schumer Shutdown 1 hr Pluto 11
Lifetime Potentials 7 hr Miner Joe 6
Angel soft or quilted northern 8 hr Outhouse 4
What's your fav pop 10 hr Ice cold 10

Hazel Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazel Green Mortgages