Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166349 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#134628 Jul 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaah , I drag out atheists for their incoherent beliefs, for the maladies their faith encumbers upon their members and their subscribing to magical miracles.
ABIOGENESIS
: the supposed spontaneous origination of living organisms directly from lifeless matter
Which is totally unsupported by any scientific evidence A magical miracle
Maybe you should start your own thread, as these have nothing to do with bible study in schools.

I would love to know what science supports your creationism? Does science support the claim of Adam and Eve? Does science support the claim of god creating all life and kinds? Does science support the claim of a six day creation? Does science support the idea of a global flood killing all humans and animals?
Of course science does not. Science would call these claims, magical miracles that clearly are myth.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#134629 Jul 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for pointing that out. I obviously though you wrote this for some reason. So it did not make sense that you would claim religion is alogical.
Is this why you lied about what Webster says of alogical?
Which Webster are you talking about,I was talking about Daniel Webster the 3rd,plays the banjo and has a wart on his butt...

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#134631 Jul 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the Pledge of Allegiance is not supported by biblical teachings, but you can't tell that to the Religious Right because they already know everything there is to know - ask YaA... There are Christian sects who will not make or take oaths in accordance with scripture, but they are considered fringe groups by the mainstream.
Even as a child, I never saw the point of reciting either the pledge to flag and republic or the Lord's Prayer (which at an early age is for all intents and purposes the pledge of allegiance to cross and Christianity) every weekday or Sunday simply because grownups told me to. Given what I can only deem rampant disloyalty of politicians and dishonesty of Christians, I don't perceive that rote and oaths do a lot of good.
Kind of like "In God We Trust"?

We put Darwin on our money.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Page...

Can you imagine the hysteria there would be in the USA if that were to happen over there?

Cambridge, UK

#134632 Jul 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,the memories
Remember when I asked you if you knew what time it was? and you said " yes,but not right now
Then you wanted to know whether it was further to New York or by bus//
Right now it's 18:50 GMT

That's the time.

Contrast that with so many believers whose clock is centuries behind.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#134633 Jul 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Says the person who fully believes(no sarcasm) that his mind/soul will, by a miracle of magic, go to heaven to exist forever in functioning order.
All life dies, and you refuse to deal with that reality. So when you make jokes like this(that make no sense) it is really ironic.
All life dies,but before it dies,first it has to live..So life can not have it's origins from dead matter
And here we differ again, I think my jokes are funny, you think my jokes are ironic..
Could be we are both wrong,my jokes may be absurd.....LOL
No mas pantalones ,por favor

Cambridge, UK

#134634 Jul 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Inane= 2 atheists making different claims about evolution,Chroe claiming that the human race descended from monkeys and preK claiming the human race descended from snakes,while duket mutters at his "Wanted Poster" of Moses,,,, That is inane
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss
atheists have no mas pantalones
So how do you account for dormant egg yolk producing genes in our DNA?

Cambridge, UK

#134635 Jul 23, 2014
SNYB wrote:
lead us not into temptation,
Why does the Lord's Prayer include that statement?

Is the Bible god likely to lead his followers into temptation?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#134636 Jul 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Webster are you talking about,I was talking about Daniel Webster the 3rd,plays the banjo and has a wart on his butt...
That explains a lot.

Cambridge, UK

#134637 Jul 23, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm watching it right now!
I'll bet you're one of those that believe Hamas/Palestine is innocent, and
Big bad Israel is at fault for Hamas surrounding their rockets with children!
God Bless Israel!
What would you do if your land was invaded and occupied by a foreign army?

What would you do if you were kicked off your land and re-homed in refugee camps?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134638 Jul 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like "In God We Trust"?
We put Darwin on our money.
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Page...
Can you imagine the hysteria there would be in the USA if that were to happen over there?
We do have postage stamps with Darwin on them, as do a couple dozen other countries.
"In God we trust" on money was simply a kneejerk reaction and now we're stuck with it. So people get to do all kinds, manner and sorts of nasty things with paper and coinage that has God's name on it. Seems like someone didn't quite think that through. <shrug> We're talking about religies, so that could've gone without saying.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134639 Jul 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you do if you were kicked off your land and re-homed in refugee camps?
Exercise their second amendment, of course.
What you don't realize is that the typical right winger considers Israelis to be honorary WASP Americans and the Palestinians are just some more of those lazy ungrateful brown illegals who should by their God Given nature be happy to live in slums and ghettos with strong civilized government supervision. If they weren't all murderous thugs and heathen savages, they might realize it's their own fault the liberals are making them uppity.

Cambridge, UK

#134640 Jul 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have postage stamps with Darwin on them, as do a couple dozen other countries.
"In God we trust" on money was simply a kneejerk reaction and now we're stuck with it. So people get to do all kinds, manner and sorts of nasty things with paper and coinage that has God's name on it. Seems like someone didn't quite think that through. <shrug> We're talking about religies, so that could've gone without saying.
Mind you, we're just as bad with our national anthem.

It needs changing anyway because one of the verses circa 1745 is anti-Scottish:

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save The King.

Cambridge, UK

#134641 Jul 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exercise their second amendment, of course.
What you don't realize is that the typical right winger considers Israelis to be honorary WASP Americans and the Palestinians are just some more of those lazy ungrateful brown illegals who should by their God Given nature be happy to live in slums and ghettos with strong civilized government supervision. If they weren't all murderous thugs and heathen savages, they might realize it's their own fault the liberals are making them uppity.
If the Ukranian missile hadn't hit the plane but instead killed a bunch of kids on the beach in Gaza, the world's media could have taken the afternoon off.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#134642 Jul 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your opinion about Scottish independence?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28192293
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#134643 Jul 23, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Irrational?
It was God that saved me, so your position is irrational!
You'll be seeing that very soon now!
You're barmy.

Cambridge, UK

#134644 Jul 23, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your opinion about Scottish independence?
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-28192293
I'm all for it.

Anything to get rid of Westminster tories.
SNYB

Chagrin Falls, OH

#134645 Jul 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit to my biases. I admit to my hypocrisies. If I do not, I cannot address and work toward diminishing them. That doesn't mean I have to sit in a corner wearing blinders and a muzzle while others spout any dichotomous malignancy they damned well please.
Personally, I've always found the best place to work toward "diminishing" the likes of, is within ones own self.

But then, that's just my opinion.
(Which btw is just as relevant as yours, your sidekicks, or anyone elses.)
SNYB

Chagrin Falls, OH

#134646 Jul 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the Lord's Prayer include that statement?
Is the Bible god likely to lead his followers into temptation?
Opinion-may have something to do with people having "free will" of personal CHOICES, and stuff.

And as for your second talking point-me thinks that would be according to whom was reading it.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#134647 Jul 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you account for dormant egg yolk producing genes in our DNA?
Mi no sabe Kemo Sabe...So how do you account for which camw first,the chicken or the egg and from whence?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#134648 Jul 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I know no one has claimed that they have reduced the numbers of believers,and that is the failure of you atheists. Which is precisely what I have pointed out,,,,,,And,for the sake of those you may have deconverted,it is a great thing that you failed....
What with the maladies that atheism inflicts upon the members of that faith,as described by atheist Staks Rosch and many scientific Studies,including the Mayo Clinic and the USMC.
It may be your ultimate goal, which to date has proven an abject failure.
It may take a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttt longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr
than you think..
Eventually,it will become public knowledge of the maladies that afflict atheists, the poor unsuspecting souls you prey on will wisen up and your hot air balloon will come crashing down..........
I am of the opinion that the tactics used by atheists who attempt to deconvert an unsuspecting public should be investigated by the authorities.
Any faith that causes the maladies associated atheism should be considered a threat to the mental and physical being of society at large
So your main tactic to hold believers is fear tactics? Demonize the opposition? Well it did work in the crusades and inquisitions, so it just may work.
I do not really expect to change a lot of minds, but I do think it is only fair they have the information to make a decision.
I realize your team hates that, but this free country does not allow you to stop us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Middle School Football 20 min Jimmy rawlings 2
2017 football cougars 24 min Jimmy rawlings 29
Mary Ellen white 37 min Cocoa 3
Leanne Bays McKnigth 2 hr Jay 3
FBI confirms investigation (Dec '10) 4 hr Lol 61
Hoss Melton 4 hr Truth 11
Marlinda Hall 5 hr Wanderer 1

Hazel Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance