Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
107,581 - 107,600 of 129,056 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do, now why can't you? You keep trying to tie the two together, as does all the fundies here. So you just sound like an anti-science, ignorant bunch.
And no I don't. I wasn't raised to whip others with a Bible belt, I just choose to enjoy the reading of on occasions.

Being as it's a far different reading classification from Science and all.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It was your lamed brained idea.
Again, maybe try leading by example. Show how secularism works by example. Yet you are here defending anti secularism. You can't have it both ways. It is hypocritical. Not that you even understand the word.
Uh-no. I am already pronged by pitchforks enough, for no justifiable reasons!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Some may believe that they are the descendants of Apes..
Others think and behave like jackasses...
I will leave it at that
I am aware some behave like jackasses. You are doing it right now with this post. You avoided all the points and diverted. Then you call names and run.

Just what is so offensive about being descendants of apes? It does not mean humans are not smarter than apes in most areas. Although studies show apes have far better short term memory than humans. But it suits their needs.
Apes cannot imagine as humans do. It is what makes us different. The similarities are many, but the differences make for large effectual differences.
But many of our instincts are the same. Now just try to use intellect a bit more and maybe a bit less animal instinct if you wish to not be like the apes. But you continually show your instinctive side over your intellectual side. B
But you certainly show your imaginative side. But your instinctive side clings to the imagination as if it were actual fact.
Herein lies the human condition.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have,,,,,,But never by using gibberish and nonsense.
Those cases are readily dismissed when the evidence is based on opinions ,unconfirmed events which can not be explained and other types of nonsense.
How one interprets nonsense does not alter the fact that it is nonsense.
That , in spite of the opinions of those who have adopted Science Fiction as reality.
hum So when you state unequivocally that god exists, you have proof, if so present it, if not, it is considered your opinion as well, just as non believers have no proof he doesn't exist, but in my opinion, the odds are against a god. God is the creation of man, from mankind and not based on any facts or evidence. Nor is there anyway to prove or disprove the existence of fairies, ghosts, demons, spirits, angels, or
any other imaginable ideas derived from the minds of humans.
What we need is a testable, falsifiable hypothesis to examine that would allow us to investigate any of these hypothetical ideas.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Stoneforastone wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you claimed to grasp the conceptual difference between religious and secular stuff?!?
If you wish to show I do not, then please show it. As of yet, you have not shown anything but a snarky attitude.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-no. I am already pronged by pitchforks enough, for no justifiable reasons!!
So you refuse to show secularism and insist on demanding the middle east to be secular, because you feel persecuted unjustly? Can you whine a bit more?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's a pretty easy thing to do too lol.
Easy is lazy. It is easy to look to the supernatural for answers, instead of science. Goddidit, goddidit, goddidit. That is all you need to say pal.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
And no I don't. I wasn't raised to whip others with a Bible belt, I just choose to enjoy the reading of on occasions.
Do I need show the post you made where you did?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should'VE minded our own business (which should NOT have included LIBYA) and let the middle east sort their own out.
That's what I think.
You mean like staying out of Iraq? I would love to agree with you on staying out, but you keep showing it is not your true belief. Either that or you are hypocritical of your beliefs.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you do not use the bible belt, you invent your own tools. Like a stone for a stone. You just borrowed the general concept from the bible, just as all religions seem to borrow from one another.
Smith and Hubbard would be proud of you.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>hum So when you state unequivocally that god exists, you have proof, if so present it, if not, it is considered your opinion as well, just as non believers have no proof he doesn't exist, but in my opinion, the odds are against a god. God is the creation of man, from mankind and not based on any facts or evidence. Nor is there anyway to prove or disprove the existence of fairies, ghosts, demons, spirits, angels, or
any other imaginable ideas derived from the minds of humans.
What we need is a testable, falsifiable hypothesis to examine that would allow us to investigate any of these hypothetical ideas.
Let me cut through all your nonsense and get right to the point
Faith in Christianity is based on the work and teachings of Jesus Christ
Christiani faith causes change as it seeks a greater understanding of God. Faith is not based on simple obedience to a set of rules . Before we can eatablish our faith we need to understand in whom and in what our faith is based. Without understanding, we cannot have true faith, and that understanding is built on the foundation of the community of believers, the scriptures and traditions and on OUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AS BELIEVERS.
Those personal experiences are the experiences that we have had in our personal relationship to our GOD .
AND , There is a way by which one can establish a personal relationship with God...
God has established said way for those who diliogently seek him.
So , those who do not believe have no excuse.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
Thomas Aquinas
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me cut through all your nonsense and get right to the point
Faith in Christianity is based on the work and teachings of Jesus Christ
Christiani faith causes change as it seeks a greater understanding of God. Faith is not based on simple obedience to a set of rules . Before we can eatablish our faith we need to understand in whom and in what our faith is based. Without understanding, we cannot have true faith, and that understanding is built on the foundation of the community of believers, the scriptures and traditions and on OUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AS BELIEVERS.
Those personal experiences are the experiences that we have had in our personal relationship to our GOD .
AND , There is a way by which one can establish a personal relationship with God...
God has established said way for those who diliogently seek him.
So , those who do not believe have no excuse.
To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
Thomas Aquinas
Wow, all that typing and all you needed to type was>>> I have no proof, my proof is based on faith, which in turn is based on my opinion of god being real.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am aware some behave like jackasses. You are doing it right now with this post. You avoided all the points and diverted. Then you call names and run.
Just what is so offensive about being descendants of apes? It does not mean humans are not smarter than apes in most areas. Although studies show apes have far better short term memory than humans. But it suits their needs.
Apes cannot imagine as humans do. It is what makes us different. The similarities are many, but the differences make for large effectual differences.
But many of our instincts are the same. Now just try to use intellect a bit more and maybe a bit less animal instinct if you wish to not be like the apes. But you continually show your instinctive side over your intellectual side. B
But you certainly show your imaginative side. But your instinctive side clings to the imagination as if it were actual fact.
Herein lies the human condition.
Nothing wrong with being descended from apes .....If you are an Ape.
I am not an ape.
If one chooses to state that one is descended from apes as an excuse to deny having been created by God , so be it.
I do believe God created the Human Race ,Apes and all other creatures.
All were created and designed by a superior intelligence , which neither evolution or science is able to explain.
That is understandable.
Life and intelligence did not come about by natural means.
No ,,,,Life did not come about by accidental means.
The nonliving did not covert into the living by an accident which Science is not able to explain .
Same applies to Intelligence .
And you are right ... Science DOES NOT KNOW EVERYTHING.
And Science claims as much as they claim not to be able to explain the Supernatural.
You need to keep taking your test until you find the RIGHT test.
And you know what that test is......I do not need to remind you.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, all that typing and all you needed to type was>>> I have no proof, my proof is based on faith, which in turn is based on my opinion of god being real.
Obviously , in your state of stupor , you overlooked the gist of my message.
That may be attributed to your chopping wood yesterday with your friends.
The tree that fell on your head undoubtedly dulled your senses.
Let that be a lesson to you.
Next time you hear someone yell TIMMMMBERRRR you better look up and get outta the way.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>

Thomas Aquinas
the rest of what you typed is pure bullchit chocked full of typo's. Funny, the only time you get something right is when you copy/paste.

If St. Thomas quote is correct, then why are you trying to give an explanation? Could it be that you should have posted from "Doubting" Thomas???
laughing
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously , in your state of stupor , you overlooked the gist of my message.
That may be attributed to your chopping wood yesterday with your friends.
The tree that fell on your head undoubtedly dulled your senses.
Let that be a lesson to you.
Next time you hear someone yell TIMMMMBERRRR you better look up and get outta the way.
Oh so now you have to resort to this....You can't debate with facts, because you have NONE, so your next line of defense is this tactic. Not a smart move Curious, by doing so, you weakened your argument and the readers of this forum are now questioning your motives, and doubting everything you will comment on in the future!!! By the Way.... had a very productive day of tree cutting yesterday! Friends are great. Yes, my social network of friends / brotherhood thrives, we work hard and play hard. Life is Grand!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
In which case-edit my response to your continued state of perpetual ignorance to-
"GFY" "GFY".
Amen. Amen.

I don't re-write other's post, that is what you do Sista. You wrote the same comment that you never witnessed teachers forcing their religion on children. Page 5245 Written on Aug. 6th, 2013. Pretty damn sad when you can't remember what you've posted, then accuse others of Editing your comments. As I stated before, if brains were gun powder, you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:

<quoted text>
I have NEVER, EVER seen a teacher Force their religious beliefs on anyone--not in FIFTY plus years.
EVER..
That's why generally teachers are TEACHERS, NOT Preachers- and not narrow minded, heads stuck in the sand, clueless NON wonders, most having FAR, far more SENSE, than THAT ridiculous bullchit.
GET A CLUE.
This is the 21st century-NOT the 18th dark ages!
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Really! Perhaps you should do more research b4 making yourself out to be the Fool..... 2 examples 1 - In the beginning of 2006, an engineering professor at Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, told his class that the Holocaust was a hoax and never happened. His statement received national media coverage and the president of Northwestern had to issue a public apology claiming that the beliefs did not represent those of the university. 2 - Another dilemma occurred when a public high school teacher in New Jersey continued to veer off into tangents during his lectures that pertained to his religious beliefs. The only reason he was exposed to the public was when a student tape-recorded him and brought it to officials. These are 2 examples that received Media Attention, there are countless others that happen every day that go unnoticed! NOW.... How about YOU get a Phucking Clue!!!
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You said she was a vegi... how did she tell you "I don't feel good"?
I've seen people that were in comas for 10 years, and popped out of it!
They didn't know anything about it, and some didn't want to come back!
So... you only THINK they suffer!
I say... it was more of a test to those that had to wait on her!
You say... they didn't do that well... did they?
What??? What ludicrously !
I didn't say she was a vegi... I said she was left in an ALMOST vegi-like state, some days her mind was normal as before the rupture, other's she was like a vegetable, didn't know anyone or anything. She was never in a coma, so why are you comparing her incident to those that were. Although I was on the outside looking in, I saw enough to say w/out question she indeed suffered. In that situation, it would have probably been better had she not survived that rupture.
Circuit Court Judge

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI
In 1993 Rodney Dangerfield married Joan Child, a woman thirty years younger than him, and a Mormon.
Sorry, I had to show this. Does this women deserve to be excommunicated from the Mormon Church?
If she was a Catholic she should have been shot. If she was a Baptist she should have been hung.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hazel Green Discussions

Search the Hazel Green Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Reality 147,359
Get Ready,It's Coming 1 hr Groundhog 1
Obama and Grimes 2 hr Savior 53
lydia mclemore 2 hr peolpel 21
Lydia and Netta 2 hr LOL mothat 4
Need a ride 4 hr seriously 2
Are you afraid to die? 4 hr Savior 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hazel Green Jobs

•••