Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152024 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112952 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
".let alone of DECENCY and RESPECT of and for OTHERS.
You UnAmerican, terrorist appeasing dirtbag."
Can you write a more contradictory statement? Hypocrite.
Imbecilic Dirtbag.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112953 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Because all your statements on Obama contradict itself with your stance on Iraq. How many examples do I need to show your hypocrisy?
You've yet to have even shown one.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112954 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom of religion is for the citizen, not the state. Get it straight pal, as of yet, you have it backwards.
and the American Patriot CITIZENS of New York proved THAT.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112955 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No choice? So? I am simply pointing out how Saddam was no more responsible as a catalyst than Reagan, for 9/11. Neither excuse the religious war of jihad.
I will not shut up, and you cannot make me. You know it is a right of mine. Why do you hate free speech?
Bullchit all you want to...it'll still be dirtbag bullchit.

When and if you eventually realize, grown ups can, and do, have diplomatic conversations at far more intelligent levels beyond imbecilic "right/wrong" and you can step up a few levels out of the piles of manure, then you might post something worth reading.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#112956 Sep 11, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Prove it!!
Hypocrite much??
And you , You are another scoundrel.

You claim you work in construction . If that is yoiu job , then that is what you are paid to do.
Instead , while yhou should be working , which is what you are being paid to do , you are on the internet for who knows how many hours , neglecting your job and getting paid for shirking your responsibilities.
And don't come up with lame excuses like; I tell my boss to dock my pay for the inordinate amount of time I spend away from my job while posting on Topix or some such other nonsense.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112957 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My point is, both the Koran and the bible are books that demand murder of non believers. The Muslims carried out one of these orders on 9/11. Need we have more evidence to show those sorts of faith based books not be taught as truth or good morality?
Yes, I remember 9/11. It was the day I started questioning blind faith in books and tradition. It was when I started to understand how religion is a harm to society.
EXTREMISM in ANYthing, usually IS.

Unbalanced, Unhealthy and UNenlightened, to say the least.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112958 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like you are about to explode over there.
Now tell me why you were wanting the US let the terrorist of Pan Am flight 103 go unpunished?
The red tape was still tangled in certai aspects (wile at least one HAD been "punished" already), and therefore just an EXCUSE.

Abysmal FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112959 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Diversion.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If the bible is truth, then your god is evil.
If Deuteronomy is true, then your god ordered followers to murder.
Your superstition may spread even though the bible is full of atrocities by your god, but it does not mean it is true. Your religion got a giant upstart by murdering the non believers. The god and Jesus were used to help conquer and indoctrinate lands across the globe.
I note you avoided the claims and diverted. Common tactic to keep the faith, denial.
I absolutely will have faith, in what so ever I choose to, as well as decline having ay at all, in what I deem to be UNworthy of it.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#112960 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim you work in construction . If that is yoiu job , then that is what you are paid to do.
Instead , while yhou should be working , which is what you are being paid to do , you are on the internet for who knows how many hours , neglecting your job and getting paid for shirking your responsibilities.
And don't come up with lame excuses like; I tell my boss to dock my pay for the inordinate amount of time I spend away from my job while posting on Topix or some such other nonsense.
Hey Curious, I'm not sure you are aware, so I'll inform you now... When weather is in the area..such as rain, lightening, on a Construction site that works with Iron, and Concrete, It is the Safety Director's sole responsibility to ensure the safety of all.
It was deemed unsafe today when the weather came in around Noon today. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

United States of America

#112961 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I add, every time you assume something, all you do is make An a$$ of yourself.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#112962 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't....mostly because I never stooped to such imbecilicness in grade school either.
Well you seemed to have saved it for this thread then....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112963 Sep 11, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"I knew what I was doing was wrong..."
"I felt justified...."
"I felt like I had done nothing ...for which I needed to feel ashamed."
Huh? If you KNEW it was wrong, then WHY did you do it?
That is the difference between you and me.
If I feel that it would be wrong to do something, I DON'T DO IT.
So simple, but apparently not for you.
I am an excedingly ethical person. Always have been.
Religion is not needed to behave like a decent person.
Is it me or are these guys contradicting themselves on a regular basis?
And then they wonder why we do not trust their perception.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112964 Sep 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hold that thought!
God is real... case closed.... like your head!
Evidence please? Have you not heard? The case is not closed. But those who divert like you are the closed minded ones.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112965 Sep 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
No, the Bible does not!
If you'd read it... aw, you'd still say something stupid!
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How so? You show why having bible study and no Koran study is respecting the establishment of one religion over another. Note the same words are in our constitution.
Both the Koran and the bible demand you murder infidels.
So please tell me why no Koran in schools?

Deuteronomy 13 6-10. Read it and see how god demands you to murder.

Can you answer a question or are you going to divert every time?

United States of America

#112966 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence please? Have you not heard? The case is not closed. But those who divert like you are the closed minded ones.
Reminds me of that excerpt from Wizard of Oz when Dorothy meets Scarecrow and ask him.. "How can you talk if you haven't a brain?" and he replies "Oh some people without brains do an awful lot of talking" Scarecrow was talking about YaY, Curious, and Sista.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112967 Sep 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>With every post...
You Prove your Tardship!
I cannot fix your stupid... no human can!
I see you have just given up trying to refute my claims and have just resorted to whining like a bitch.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112968 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,no ,no Witchety..
The difference between you and I is that I am able to confess my faults and imperfections.
You are unable to acknowledge that which is obvious to all who know you .
I am fairly sure that the only one who has such a high opinion of you ..is You
"When confronted with an ethical dilemma, most of us like to think we would stand up for our principles. But we are not as ethical as we think we are. In Blind Spots, leading business ethicists Max Bazerman and Ann Tenbrunsel examine the ways we overestimate our ability to do what is right and how we act unethically without meaning to. From the collapse of Enron and corruption in the tobacco industry, to sales of the defective Ford Pinto, the downfall of Bernard Madoff, and the Challenger space shuttle disaster, the authors investigate the nature of ethical failures in the business world and beyond, and illustrate how we can become more ethical, bridging the gap between who we are and who we want to be.
Explaining why traditional approaches to ethics don't work, the book considers how blind spots like ethical fading--the removal of ethics from the decision--making process--have led to tragedies and scandals such as the Challenger space shuttle disaster, steroid use in Major League Baseball, the crash in the financial markets, and the energy crisis. The authors demonstrate how ethical standards shift, how we neglect to notice and act on the unethical behavior of others, and how compliance initiatives can actually promote unethical behavior. They argue that scandals will continue to emerge unless such approaches take into account the psychology of individuals faced with ethical dilemmas. Distinguishing our "should self" (the person who knows what is correct) from our "want self" (the person who ends up making decisions), the authors point out ethical sinkholes that create questionable actions."
Among the self proclaimed righteous and ethical we find
Richard Nixon.....Spiro Agnew .....Bernie Maddof..... Bernard Ebbers.....Lance Armstrong,,,,,Ryan Braun ....Rafael Palmeiro...
John Mitchell.....Frank and Jesse James.....All the scurrilous business leaders who took this country to the edge of economic collapse ,Martha Stewart Eliot Spitzer ,Anthony Weiner among many others to numerous to mention
Oh yes ,All these were self proclaimed Ethical and honest individuals ,having never done anything for which they needed be ashamed,,,,,,,,Until they got caught.
And we hear about these self righteous ethical individuals as they lead Mafia families into a life of self righteous criminal activity.
And last but not least , we have that one fictitious individual laying claim to being free of sin
Ladies and gentlemen ,may I present to you , the fictitious personality with the fictitious personality of being Ethical to perfection. WitchintheWoods.
BTW; Did you know that those who teach Ethics are less likely to return their library books than the general population.
Who Can You Trust?.... Not me ,said the brave King
None of this explains why you did wrong, knowing you did wrong, then claimed you did not know better.
Your elaborate deviation from the accusation tells all.
And why do you presume to know our ethics and morals? You make claims with absolutely zero evidence. Basically slander.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112969 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't even waste a braincell even putting Iraq and Syria into any sort of all "DUH" same category, when contemplating issues with either.
Only idiots would.
Because you wish to have double standards, you rationalize this by not seeing them in the same category. Yet you have failed to even explain why.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112970 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit.
Cant refute my claims with logic, reason or evidence, so you just claim I lie? So typical.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112971 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit all you want to...it'll still be dirtbag bullchit.
When and if you eventually realize, grown ups can, and do, have diplomatic conversations at far more intelligent levels beyond imbecilic "right/wrong" and you can step up a few levels out of the piles of manure, then you might post something worth reading.
This is an opinion forum. I give my opinion of what is right or wrong. Don't like it? To flicking bad.
I am trying to have an intellectual conversation, but none if you guys wish to discuss issues. You just call me stupid and run. But I expect as much with the ultra hypocritical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Low Life 1 min Money woman 4
David Noble 6 min Jackson justice J... 25
who is going out at ekcc (Sep '10) 7 min Lol 112
Adam Cooper 24 min Eye candy 1
Easy lay 29 min Horny too 2
Adam Campbell (Jul '11) 47 min Bicycle 3
Cheyenne spencer was hays 1 hr Crazy 4

Hazel Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance