Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,543

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#112769 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>OK, let me get this straight. Brigham claimed Joseph Smith was wrong about black persons in the priesthood? And all Mormons followed what Brigham said over what Joseph said for a hundred years? If so, then why would you ever trust a single thing a prophet ever says?
I don't see anywhere that Brigham ever said Joseph was wrong about anything.
Prophets are human. They have opinions just like you do. They make mistakes too. This is why they encourage us to use the Spirit as our guide and pray for ourselves to know if something spoken is true.

Location hidden

#112770 Sep 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I knew a woman who was a devout Christian, she would visit the sick and shut-ins every chance she got... she would cook food at her home and take it to those who were unable to do for themselves. She was the most humble person I have known. She had grandchildren that she raised from infants, who cherished her as much as she cherished them. Suddenly she had an aneurysm burst, which by all means should have killed her, but instead left her in an almost vegetative state. Her grandchildren were devastated to the point that the parents had to stop them visiting. Why would God allow this to happen to such a person who lived and exemplified the definition of what Christian really means? Why do you and others say "If you only have faith" God will hear you and answer your prayers, he will answer you." This woman attended Church every time the doors were open, she worked for that church on any occasion they had... but guess what, when this happened to her, all those church members were scarce when it came time to lend a helping hand to that family. Tell me why God ignored the crys of that family, tell me why God allowed this woman to suffer for years before she died?
No one knows. Maybe her work was done. Maybe it was time for her to stop serving so others could learn how to serve and follow her great example. Sounds like many failed that test if this was the case. Sad story.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#112771 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like staying out of Iraq? I would love to agree with you on staying out, but you keep showing it is not your true belief. Either that or you are hypocritical of your beliefs.

Breaking News!!!
John Kerry admits there will be Boots on the Ground in Syria!!!!

But it's not what it sounds like.... After making a speech telegraphing that any strike on Syria would be Unbelievably Small and still finding no support for bombing Syria the White has leaked it will use the traditional Islamic method for showing anger and disdain at your enemy and send a squadron of B2 Stealth bomber with a Payload of Left Boots... Stating the dropping both left and right boots could in some way aid the enemy, dropping the left boot only would cause ciaos while having limited collateral damage.... Kerry stated that it would be a very short, very targeted, very limited strike that will absolutely deter the future use of chemical weapons...

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/1...

Location hidden

#112772 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a god allow Brigham lead the new church if he was so wrong?He was so wrong, it is one of the reasons I left the church. Is this what your god would want? It is the result of Brigham's seriously flawed actions.
I can understand a prophet might not be perfect, but this is far from perfection. It is seriously screwed up. Some would call it evil.
So your faith in The Lord couldn't overcome your dislike for a leader?
Never put your faith in man alone. We trust that prophets are correct when they speak, but they aren't always. And maybe in his time, blacks would have been persecuted more if they would have flocked to a church that was already persecuted. We don't know, but we trust that God knows and we follow Him.

Location hidden

#112773 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You make three assumptions here. One is, their is a god. The second is, he has a gospel.
A third assumption is, you know which of these gospels is of a god.
None of these have evidence of truth.

And who is asking for curbside appearances? Maybe the god could just visit us all and thus no one would have to debate this ever again. Their would never be wars over the disputes of it again.
Is this to much to ask? Again the point comes back to, what is the point of blind faith? I see no virtue in having it.
Well, I wouldn't say it is just assumptions that I make. I have personally experienced the things promised to us in the scriptures. I have heard the voice of the Spirit. I have felt His presence. This was after many years of trying to recognize Him. This was after seeking Him diligently. I have my own personal evidence, just like you could have.

Chrome was asking for curbside appearances.
Yes, if He visited us all right now, there would be no reason for faith and thus would ruin His plan for us. Just because you don't see the point for it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Location hidden

#112774 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All of the cases you cite are of blind faith. You did not see Jesus heal anything. You just blindly accept the claims of him doing so.
I have seen people healed by faith in Him. With my own eyes. This isn't blind.

Location hidden

#112775 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There are occasions when someone deserves to be insulted. Their are some who get insulted by simply disagreeing with their claims.
Religion often causes harm. I will not sit back and allow it to happen without opposition. If this opposition insults you, to darn bad.
I think the Mormon church needs to be slapped. It spent millions of dollars to fight equality for homosexuals recently. It needs to be slapped for this. It needs a wake up call. Just as it got a wake up call about its actions on excluding black persons from the priesthood.

Your church bases its opposition to homosexuals due to what is a myth. Does this insult you?
Nothing you say hurts my feelings. Sorry to disappoint you.

Location hidden

#112776 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did none of them change church policy? If they knew it was not doctrine, then what was their excuse for keeping the church policy to be of bigotry and racism?
No one knows God's timing. Like I said, maybe it would have been more harmful to blacks had this happened sooner. They were already treated as less than human in that time period. Add to that a persecuted church and it may have had a more negative effect on them.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112777 Sep 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>I guess multi-tasking is too difficult for ya.....I'm on the jobsite you twit.
Ok, So you are on the jobsite.....Meaning.....
You are driving around breaking into the mailboxes of senior citizens znd stealing their Social Securuty Checks.
TIMMMBERRRR.......
Calabasasditutsun LOL

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112778 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you use the moniker of Mike Duquetee , you claim to be a descendant of Apes . You been watching to many Tarzan movies and have developed an affinity to Cheetah that defies natural human behaviour.
You are hung up on the (ironically) humanist idea that God made >you< more "special" than a chimp or a gorilla. You have faith that believing in a concocted story about a martyr makes you more >special< than Mike, Q, WitW, Haven't Forgotten, me - or even YaA, Sista, Known Fact or any other Xtian poster who just might by happenstance disagree with you at some point in time. You own and wear the false pride of a false god in believing that YOU made YOURSELF superior with that decision.
At least an orangutan knows its an orangutan. That alone makes it wiser than you.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112779 Sep 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
You still insisting Chrom, Md, and myself are all one person?
Alright-y then.
laughing
pretty good trick, since he knows I live in Florida. It's been a helluva commute, jumping between all of those IPs. Jet fuel for the hyper-sonic jet in my garage is costing me a fortune.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#112780 Sep 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows. Maybe her work was done. Maybe it was time for her to stop serving so others could learn how to serve and follow her great example. Sounds like many failed that test if this was the case. Sad story.
hum, okay, lets assume that her work was done. So this loving God will take one of his devoted, most humble persons and cause great suffering. For What Reason? Tell me why God feels the urge to "test" his children? When is enough really enough for this god? Even if you live the most devoted life you can to god, he still will cause great suffering to you, not for what you've done , but for your family members to see....as if that is gonna make them say... well, I'm gonna be like my mom ... and live the Christian life, because god loves me, But he may use me as a tool and cause me great suffering for several years ...... Yep thass the life fer meeeeee!!!
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#112781 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are driving around breaking into the mailboxes of senior citizens znd stealing their Social Securuty Checks.
TIMMMBERRRR.......
Calabasasditutsun LOL
Hey Curious, SS checks are no longer being mailed....word of advice.... when entering a battle of wits, at least try to come prepared! ya twit!

laughing
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#112782 Sep 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty good trick, since he knows I live in Florida. It's been a helluva commute, jumping between all of those IPs. Jet fuel for the hyper-sonic jet in my garage is costing me a fortune.
We are Magic! Still waiting for Curious to bow down and pay homage to me!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112783 Sep 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Knowing... That The Bible tells us about them, and the chronological pace of these things... Not much longer will we have to put up with it!
They Prove the Word true with every post!
Amen!
..........said the past several hundred generations of fundies.
It is classic propaganda and it has evidence of not coming true for all those generations.
It is propaganda crafted to make you hold hope we will be gone and you will win. But it just does not happen in reality.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112784 Sep 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you please try not to be ridiculous?
Comparing the Bible to the Koran only makes you look more stupid than we'd hoped!
Ask the Lord for Wisdom!
How so? You show why having bible study and no Koran study is respecting the establishment of one religion over another. Note the same words are in our constitution.
Both the Koran and the bible demand you murder infidels.
So please tell me why no Koran in schools?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112785 Sep 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows God's timing. Like I said, maybe it would have been more harmful to blacks had this happened sooner. They were already treated as less than human in that time period. Add to that a persecuted church and it may have had a more negative effect on them.
Sad excuses for your churches blatant racism that lasted for a hundred years.
How is being less racist possibly harmful to those you discriminate against?

And you said before, god did not make the rule, it was the racist opinions of Brigham young. So are you now changing the tale?
Do you just switch the story around to assign blame away from your "one true church"?

Your prophets never changed the rule you claim Brigham made for reasons that had nothing to do with doctrine for a hundred years. Why? Are they stupid, immoral, careless or have no instructions from a Holy Ghost?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112786 Sep 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Curious, SS checks are no longer being mailed....word of advice.... when entering a battle of wits, at least try to come prepared! ya twit!
laughing
Let me make myself perfectly clear; I do not get into battles with the defenseless and witless.

Having said that , read this article that I cut n pasted from the
Appalachian News- Express in Pikeville , Kentucky.

Police have issued a warning to the elderly of our City to beware
when exiting a bank after making withdrawals from their Savings Accounts.
Security cameras have captured a seedy looking individual with a tattoo scrawled on his forehead thart reads:Hidden in a lodi", hanging around the entrance of these banks and as unsuspecting elderly patrons exit ,said character snatches their purses and makes a mad dash for an awaiting car.
As he jumps in the car an accomplice speeds away for a quick getaway.
The accomplice has been identified as a scroungy looking individual driving a car with Florida license plates.
On the left side of the back bumper can be seen a sticker which reads "Mirror , mirror on the wall" with a picture of a 3 eyed alligator.
These 2 incorrigibles are known to strike on the day when social security checks are deposited into the elderly's bank accounts.
Community Trest Bank branches on North Mayo Trail and a branch on Main street seems to be their favorite targets.

BTW You live in Pikeville. You know anything about this.
CAREFUL , anything you say can and will be used against you.....
........And the Crowman.......Quibinito....LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112787 Sep 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church was behind the norm for black relations. When I would expect the moral groups to be ahead of the curve, you are behind.
It only makes your institution look man made, not god made. Racist men at that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112788 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
TIMMMBERRRR.......
Calabasasditutsun LOL
I guess your Jesus is cool with slander?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cruzing down the boot hill 8 min pooh bear 23
Davis: Morgan County Pastor files law suit agai... 41 min Houdini 35
Anyone know a keith Branham? 44 min 6968ltv 1
Are you ready? 48 min Omar Abdualla 4
We Have A Dictator; Not A President! 1 hr ELMER 8
Garage on 519 (Sep '13) 1 hr Brown Hole Bob 13
Moaning at Hardees 1 hr laughing 12
Hazel Green Dating
Find my Match

Hazel Green People Search