Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 135,198

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more
act your age

AOL

#108663 Jul 22, 2013
the entire nation is going the way of Detroit ,....

OK
keep backing obama and the democrats !

lets watch America fall !

it will be quite a show !

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108664 Jul 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Says I,Most people that get married do so,hoping to raise a family.
In your son's case,he and his wife have opted to have no children.
As you state"There will be no Christians coming out of this family"
"There will be no Christians coming out of this family" = FACT.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> From that,one can deduct that they had a concern that,if they had children,they feared that they may have converted into believers,once they realized the error of their parents ways,or,if they remained atheists,they could be afflicted with mental problems,drug and alcohol abuse or suicidial tendencies.
You call that "deducting?" LOL! You are serious, aren't you? Really?
LOLOL!
They didn't have kids because they didn't want to raise kids. Not everyone does, you know. Or maybe you don't know... There is a lot you don't know.
It shows every time you post.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> I understand
In a pig's eye you do.... LOL!
curious wrote:
<quoted text> And yes,25% of atheists attend religious services on a regular weekly basis....
That is more than enough to satisfy their curiosity and explains why many of your children,when they reach adulthood convert into believers.
I understand...
get out of the spinzone and join the real world.
You understand nothing.
I KNOW quite a few atheists.
I KNOW a lot of pagans.
I know for a FACT that 25% of their kids are NOT going to church regularly.

You read about some survey you would love to believe is true but for which you have no actual proof.
Imagine that, a Christian claiming to know something for which they have no proof...AGAIN.

And you think *I* am the one who should join the "real world?"
LOL! You are a hoot.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108665 Jul 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back from the brink of madness.
I know of a guy who found Jesus when he was reunited with his dog.
http://images.dangerousminds.net/uploads/afil...
Now he spends his time buttressing his delusions by misinterpreting polls and being played like a piano by apologist sites and fundamentalist blogs. It's tragic to watch.
Which do you think is more noble and worthy of praise?
The love of God and Christ.Using a lost pet to put an unbeliever on the road to repentance
Or,
The actions of those unbeliecers who live according to their human nature.
Knowing full well the destructive ramifications of unbelief,they continue to weave their deceptive web.
The fact that unbelievers have the highest suicidial rates,mental problems and are more likely to become drug and alcohol abusers.
These unbelievers continue preaching their religion of Unbelief,feeling no guilt about the destruction they are wreaking on weak and unsuspecting minds and to their own families
And,when these problems surface,it is not the Atheists who provide support...
Generally speaking,the support comes from a Christian organization...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108666 Jul 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"There will be no Christians coming out of this family" = FACT.
<quoted text>
You call that "deducting?" LOL! You are serious, aren't you? Really?
LOLOL!
They didn't have kids because they didn't want to raise kids. Not everyone does, you know. Or maybe you don't know... There is a lot you don't know.
It shows every time you post.
<quoted text>
In a pig's eye you do.... LOL!
<quoted text>
You understand nothing.
I KNOW quite a few atheists.
I KNOW a lot of pagans.
I know for a FACT that 25% of their kids are NOT going to church regularly.
You read about some survey you would love to believe is true but for which you have no actual proof.
Imagine that, a Christian claiming to know something for which they have no proof...AGAIN.
And you think *I* am the one who should join the "real world?"
LOL! You are a hoot.
The value of what you know is not sufficient to buy one an empty glass of cider and the whole from a donut during Halloween.
In other words,you know a lot about nothing....As is evidenced by the nonsense and gibberish you post under all your different monikers....

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#108667 Jul 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Great question. It is something that disturbs many members of any Christian religion. I personally view this as self defense. As a country, we normally go to war to defend our country (or at least that's what they have us believe), so we are defending our families. I would not take pleasure in taking the life of another individual, but if it were done to save the life of a family member, I would do it.
I don't think that means it is "ok", but I see it as necessary to defend our country.
Different scenarios are numerous, but it all comes down to the unfortunate situation they are placed in. Have you seen "Saints and Soldiers"?
I found a link about the question I ask you that shows the LDS places the blame the killing of LDS on other LDS on the president of that country and you are not held blameless. The writer of the article sees things differently than the LDS leadership.

Religious ones seem to worship a God of war, I do see similarities between pagan worship and war also. Those who go into combat will walk with the devil.

That said, I agree with defending out country also. No I have not seen "Saints and Soldiers" and would like to watch it sometime.

----------
Should A Mormon Join The Military?
An Insidious Doctrine

Ask most latter-day saints about reconciling war with the commandment “Thou shalt not kill”, and you’ll nearly always hear that war is an exception to that rule. They'll tell you that God doesn’t hold the soldier accountable for any killing done in battle. When a Mormon kills during wartime it doesn’t count against him. He gets a pass. Responsibility for any killing transfers to the politicians who sent him into war.

The problem with this widely held “doctrine” is that it’s a false one. It is not supported anywhere in the scriptures. In fact, the reverse holds true.

As legions of those returning soldiers unable to live with themselves will tell you, God will hold you personally accountable for every last person you killed regardless of whether or not you were wearing a government issued uniform at the time.

http://puremormonism.blogspot.com/2009/11/sho...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#108668 Jul 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm aware that people do terrible things. I was being hyperbolic, pointing out that the language "good guys and bad guys" in conjunction with any discussion of carrying a god-damned loaded gun around in public underscores how dumb it is.
I realize most carriers hide their guns and I won't even know they are around. But when I do spot someone carrying and I know they are not law enforcement I keep my kids the hell away from them. Especially when they talk like it's a 1960s western.
But hey, takes all kinds to make the crazy world go round.
I always love it when a Victim in Waiting is so scared by the numbers of bad guys they shun the protection of good guys, until after they are no longer in waiting and then blame the Good Guys because the Bad Guys kills their family and rapes their cat....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108670 Jul 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The love of God and Christ.Using a lost pet to put an unbeliever on the road to repentance
Or,
Knowing full well the destructive ramifications of unbelief,they continue to weave their deceptive web.
The fact that unbelievers have the highest suicidial rates,mental problems and are more likely to become drug and alcohol abusers.
These unbelievers continue preaching their religion of Unbelief,feeling no guilt about the destruction they are wreaking on weak and unsuspecting minds and to their own families
Actually, I have no problem with a belief in God or practicing spiritual principles. The thing that gets under my skin is when people choose to be dishonest with themselves and others regarding the fallibility and accuracy of "their" Holy tome(s) and expose a complete personal disregard of the virtuous lessons that it/they might contain.
Mind your 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#108671 Jul 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>

You want to aggrandize what you want to believe, so you advance faulty assumptions about atheist hobgoblins and you attribute to Christendom that which belongs to a strong and supportive personal social network. Mind your 9th commandment.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108672 Jul 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The value of what you know is not sufficient to buy one an empty glass of cider and the whole from a donut during Halloween.
At least I know how the differece between "whole" and "hole."
curious wrote:
<quoted text> In other words,you know a lot about nothing....As is evidenced by the nonsense and gibberish you post under all your different monikers....
Try not to appear any more foolish than you usually do.
I post only as aWitchintheWoods.

It bothers you to think there are so many educated, intelligent, well-spoken atheists. You would rather pretend we are all posting under multiple names. But you are wrong, as usual.
Anyone with half a brain would notice the distinct personalities represented.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#108676 Jul 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Says I,Most people that get married do so,hoping to raise a family.
In your son's case,he and his wife have opted to have no children.
As you state"There will be no Christians coming out of this family"
From that,one can deduct that they had a concern that,if they had children,they feared that they may have converted into believers,once they realized the error of their parents ways,or,if they remained atheists,they could be afflicted with mental problems,drug and alcohol abuse or suicidial tendencies.
I understand
And yes,25% of atheists attend religious services on a regular weekly basis....
That is more than enough to satisfy their curiosity and explains why many of your children,when they reach adulthood convert into believers.
I understand...
get out of the spinzone and join the real world.
I think you have the stat wrong. I heard only 25% of believers attend church on a weekly basis. Are you wanting us to believe atheists attend church as much as believers?

"Spin zone"? Someone needs to lay off the O Reilly factor.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#108677 Jul 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read the New Testament? Jesus plainly tells them this
All laws are of man made traditions. Just look at the difference between the old and New Testament. The old traditions/laws needed an update and Jesus was that avenue to the changes.
Now is time for more updates. And I do not mean Joe Smith has the correct path to new traditions or laws. If he did, your church would never have made such massive mistakes as discriminating like it has done and is still doing.
Our traditions are moving past the era of Smiths days ( 1840). Our laws have moved along. Now catch up or be left behind.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#108680 Jul 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love it when a Victim in Waiting is so scared by the numbers of bad guys they shun the protection of good guys, until after they are no longer in waiting and then blame the Good Guys because the Bad Guys kills their family and rapes their cat....
"Victim in Waiting"...that would be a great band name.

And you live in a strange world if you think someone is going to rape my cat and you are somehow going to skin your smoke wagon, do a double flip over the "bad guys", and save the day. That's called Hollywood.

I used to live in a rough part of a city. Had several friends and loved ones that were mugged. I was also attacked. None of us needed a gun and I'm thankful none of us had guns or the situations would have been worse.

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#108683 Jul 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
"Victim in Waiting"...that would be a great band name.
And you live in a strange world if you think someone is going to rape my cat and you are somehow going to skin your smoke wagon, do a double flip over the "bad guys", and save the day. That's called Hollywood.
I used to live in a rough part of a city. Had several friends and loved ones that were mugged. I was also attacked. None of us needed a gun and I'm thankful none of us had guns or the situations would have been worse.
You may have answered this in the past (pardon me, I'm half asleep), but I would like to know your stance a little further, if you would indulge me. You seem to feel people shouldn't pack guns. Do you think the same thing about a woman? Do you feel sprays, stuns, and whistles are sufficient for a female, or do you feel a female should be trained to defend herself (and often her children as well) empty handed?

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#108685 Jul 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Or,
In a discussion about believers and nonbelievers, the term "knowing full well" should never come into play.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#108686 Jul 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to aggrandize what you want to believe, so you advance faulty assumptions about atheist hobgoblins and you attribute to Christendom that which belongs to a strong and supportive personal social network. Mind your 9th commandment.
It has been established that Unbelievers have a higher suicide rate than any other group.
They also are more likely to abuse drugs,alcihol and be afflicted by other mental problems.
Those are facts based on scientific studies. Those are not faulty assumptions.

Are there any Atheist Social Agencies they can turn to for help?
If they have a problem,they can call AA,Catholic Charities or any Christian Church or social agency.
They will either provide the necessary help and if not qualified to do so, will point you in the right direction.
It is not a question of aggrandizement,it is a fact,as you well know.
Needless to say,Atheists will attempt to dismiss these studies as irrelevant or based on faulty assumptions....
The evidence points otherwise.
SistaNoneyabiz

London, KY

#108687 Jul 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All this made me think is, you have no good rational reason to use different names.
Where the name is to be put on topix is to identify the poster, not the topic.
You refuse to use the common rules of society yet expect to be taken as a rational person?
Refusing to use a consistent name only makes me ignore your actual points.
Why? Because I cannot follow a line of posts from you if you are not using a consistent name.
You see, society has a valid reason to use consistent names for people. You evidently this society is all wrong about this concept.
You can do that too, no need to sit and whine about it.

(and I actually follow MOST rules, MOST of the time (not just preach about it) WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than most I know-so there!)
SistaNoneyabiz

London, KY

#108688 Jul 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean differing religions are only natural? I agree. It is as if no real god is actually a part of any of this.
Yup--kind of like a dog chasing it's tail around in circle, because it thumped.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#108689 Jul 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to realize who this rebuttal was about (yes and amen). YAA is the typical hater of atheists. He hates most science books and wants them out of schools. Now I see this as harmful. Maybe you do not, but that is your business.
You consistently see religion as harmless. Did you forget about 9/11 already?
We demonstrate on a daily basis our problems with religion yet your short term memory seems not to keep these grievances in mind.
It is not the belief we hate, we hate the negative actions of believers due to the beliefs.
Now can you comprehend this concept?
Science books are good (in my opinion)..actually there seems to be NOT enough of them these days.

I see harmless beliefs as harmless, I see extreme intolerance and/or terrorist type psychoticness as dangerous.

9/11 was an example of extreme intolerance of others beliefs, in combination with the psychoticness of psychoTIC evil beings, wishing to force their own beliefs upon others in very evil, dark age, nutcase ways.

Never to forget that.

Not all believers are haters, and not all haters are believers.

Not that difficult to understand, for rational, sane, logical thinking people anyway.
SistaNoneyobiz

London, KY

#108690 Jul 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I think you have the stat wrong. I heard only 25% of believers attend church on a weekly basis. Are you wanting us to believe atheists attend church as much as believers?
"Spin zone"? Someone needs to lay off the O Reilly factor.
O'rielly not sick is he? All that vitatrol back up into some gastric reflux?

Hope not-wouldn't want the fill wearing themselves out entertaining @ the masses lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#108693 Jul 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been established that Unbelievers have a higher suicide rate than any other group.
They also are more likely to abuse drugs,alcihol and be afflicted by other mental problems.
Those are facts based on scientific studies. Those are not faulty assumptions.
Are there any Atheist Social Agencies they can turn to for help?
If they have a problem,they can call AA,Catholic Charities or any Christian Church or social agency.
They will either provide the necessary help and if not qualified to do so, will point you in the right direction.
It is not a question of aggrandizement,it is a fact,as you well know.
Needless to say,Atheists will attempt to dismiss these studies as irrelevant or based on faulty assumptions....
The evidence points otherwise.
You look at evidence hackneyed and jump to the wrong conclusions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car wash 1 hr Neil 2
Wanda partin noble 2 hr inoticed 6
sesco noble 3 hr Courtroom audience 15
Dustin miller 3 hr huh 2
Benny R. Campbell 3 hr ester 4
Santana Roberts? (Oct '10) 5 hr not so nice 50
Who running 6 hr To early 4
Hazel Green Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web