'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
107,041 - 107,060 of 151,088 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#121766 Sep 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
I worry more about Canada's threat to throw a leaky sludge pipe across our aquifers than I do Iran's threats.
Goodnight all
Jay

Paris, TN

#121767 Sep 9, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran making idle threats against the US and its interests is nothing new.
As to the specific threats, I have my doubts. The link your source cites is broken. No way to judge it's credibility.
Maybe we should just hang around and call their bluff?

42 - Sep 08 2013
----------

Top Commander: Syria to Target Washington, Allies' Interests If Attacked

TEHRAN (FNA)-

Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces for Cultural Affairs and Defense Publicity Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri underlined that Syria will attack the interests of the US and its allies in case it comes under a military strike.

http://english.farsnews.com/newsh.aspx...

Since: Dec 11

#121768 Sep 9, 2013
One man...with one well placed bullet can change world history. One of those SOBs threatened the Presidents daughter with rape and murder.
AT LEAST take that one out.

>----------X__*
An example?
Welp

United States

#121769 Sep 9, 2013
Obama is a warmonger and his minions must hide that fact by looking the other way.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#121770 Sep 9, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a bitch, I'm a real bastard! I couldn't care less about responding to anything you post!
You just did twice bitch.

Location hidden

#121771 Sep 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ya! It should tell you why Obama's ratings are dropping like a hot rock. His supporter's are leaving him one by one. His dumbass is in trouble with the American people. Across the country they want him impeached. There are petitions all over the internet. Of course the democracks don't read anything but libtard news, so they wouldn't know that now would they?
Actually I post about it all the time. You Frightwing - Rightwing are the American Taliban. You try and overthrow our freely elected President and install some form of your own government.
Hello to salt lick

West Liberty, KY

#121772 Sep 9, 2013
How is everything at salt lick this morning
Welp wrote:
Obama is a warmonger and his minions must hide that fact by looking the other way.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121773 Sep 9, 2013
Here are the people Obama wants America to go to war for!
• The rebel advance into the area this week was spearheaded by Jabhat al-Nusra, or the Nusra Front, exacerbating fears among Syrians and religious minorities about the role played by Islamic extremists within the rebel ranks.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul-Rahman, said Jabhat al-Nusra backed by another group, the Qalamon Liberation Front, moved into the village after heavy clashes with the army late Saturday. He said around 1,500 rebels are inside the town.

A Maaloula resident said the rebels, many of them sporting beards and shouting God is great, attacked Christian homes and churches shortly after moving into the village overnight.
"They shot and killed people. I heard gunshots and then I saw three bodies lying in the middle of a street in the old quarters of the village," said the resident, reached by telephone from neighboring Jordan. "So many people fled the village for safety."
Now, Maaloula "is a ghost town. Where is President Obama to see what befallen on us?" asked the man.
Another resident who fled the village of 3,000 inhabitants earlier in the day said in a telephone interview that Assad's forces deployed on the outskirts of the village, while gunmen inside refused to allow anybody in.
He said the gunmen declined to allow fleeing people to take five dead bodies out of the village with them.
He said one of the churches, called Demyanos, had been torched and that gunmen stormed into two other churches and robbed them.
Most of the gunmen are foreigners, he said, adding that he heard different dialects, mainly of Tunisians, Libyans, Moroccans and Chechens.
Another resident, a Christian man, said he saw militants forcing some Christian residents to convert to Islam. "I saw the militants grabbing five villagers Wednesday and threatening them (saying):`Either you convert to Islam, or you will be beheaded,"' he said.
The two other residents said they heard about the conversions, but did not see them. All three spoke on condition of anonymity out of fears of retaliation. A Christian woman who spoke to the AP on Thursday also said there were reports that militants threatened villagers with death if they did not convert.
Syria's state SANA news agency said the army reported "progress" in its offensive against the rebels in Maaloula. "The army inflicted heavy losses in the ranks of the terrorists," it said, using a government term to describe the rebels.
"Military operations are continuing in the vicinity of Maaloula and its entrances," SANA said.
The U.S. says Assad's forces fired rockets loaded with the nerve agent sarin on rebel-held areas near the capital before dawn on Aug. 21, killing at least 1,429 people. Other estimates put the death toll from the attack at more than 500.
Back in Washington after a trip to Europe that included a two-day visit to Russia to attend a Group of 20 summit, Obama will intensify his efforts to sell a skeptical Congress and a war-weary American public on a military strike against Syria.
A passionate debate is already underway in Congress and the administration's lobbying campaign culminates Tuesday, as Obama gives an Oval Office speech the evening before a critical vote on the possible Syria action is expected in the Senate.
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius questioned in a television interview Sunday Assad's willingness for a political solution to the Syrian crisis.
"No one is for war," Fabius told France 3 TV. "The question we ask is if we want to get to a political resolution, will Bashar Assad accept if nothing is done? My opinion is no. There has to be a firm response to push toward a political negotiation."
Fabius said that a military intervention didn't require every country to be behind it. He said: "We must be vigilant against barbarity
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/08/syria...

Location hidden

#121774 Sep 9, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live in a cave? Since Obama has been president Americans have lost nearly 40% of their wealth. Since Obama has been president there are a record number of citizens on food stamps. Since Obama has been president there are a record number of Americans living at or below the poverty level. Since Obama has been president the real unemployment rates for the Black communities is hovering steadily at 14%. We have become underemployed and unemployed at warp speed on Obama's watch.
Are you pretending to be extremely stupid just so people will chat with you or are you actually as stupid as you portray yourself to be? Are you THAT damn lonely old OLD crow? Ass clown democrat group hug needed for the old hag. lol
The 40% lost starts in 2007 not 2009. The 40% lost includes home prices. Glad to see them down to reality instead of the balloon that blew up the world economy.
Hope they get you

West Liberty, KY

#121775 Sep 9, 2013
Are you retared posting stuff like that
Jay wrote:
People on the comments board are saying that if Iran threatens to rape and kill one of Obama's daughters, this should raise the hair on the back of his neck. However, they are so well protected now that it will be hard for anyone to get to them. Again, however, where there is a will there's a way. One day the Obama's will leave the WH. One day they will retire to Hawaii. Protection will be there but not as secure. Further, does he want his daughter's living in a cage the rest of their lives?
These Iranians are very patient people. This threat should not be taken lightly by him or anyone else.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#121776 Sep 9, 2013
Welp wrote:
You ignorant pos.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#121777 Sep 9, 2013
Hope they get you wrote:
Are you retared posting stuff like that
<quoted text>
Are you "retared"?

Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao

Retard.
Wondering

West Liberty, KY

#121778 Sep 9, 2013
Is it really that funny to you that a D was left out of the word retarded?
Now that is funny that something like that could be so funny to a Genius like you!
I would say that it will not be that funny to that retard when the secret service comes calling!
http://www.genius-test.com/
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Are you "retared"?
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
Retard.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#121779 Sep 9, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Is it really that funny to you that a D was left out of the word retarded?
Now that is funny that something like that could be so funny to a Genius like you!
I would say that it will not be that funny to that retard when the secret service comes calling!
http://www.genius-test.com/
<quoted text>
I laugh at you retards all the Time you ignorant pos.

“I love Nicholasville”

Since: Sep 13

Nicholasville

#121780 Sep 9, 2013
Looks like troglodyte carpetbombing on this forum. Perhaps too many here call their mom's brother "dad". And what's up with the fat kids at Wal-Mart piling on cases of Mountain Dew (redneck crack) instead of shopping for a personality? Love the Wal-Mart crowd on Thursday night - so many shoppers wearing U of K clothing. Sadly, that's as close as they'll come to actually getting an education.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#121781 Sep 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
CITING OBAMACARE, 40,000 LONGSHOREMEN QUIT THE AFL-CIO

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
ILWU disafilliates from AFL-CIO

http://www.longshoreshippingnews.com/2013/08/...
Sleep on THIS ...
G'night :)
Yet again, you post hysterical conservative headlines that leave out the crux of the story. The letter also stated:

August 29, 2013
President Richard Trumka
Re: ILWU Disaffiliation

Brother Trumka:

I do wish to note that during our affiliation, the Federation’s national office did, on occasion, provide some support to the ILWU. One particular high mark was your personal involvement in longshore contract negotiations in 2002, which we gratefully acknowledge. But even in those negotiations, we had to fend off attacks from other national affiliates, who actively tried to undermine our contract struggle by filing legal claims and walking through our picket lines protesting the ten-day employer lockout. And this was at a time when the Bush Administration had openly threatened to militarize the ports and even shoot some of us to secure the ports for the coming war in Iraq. Even after this passed, six years later, when the longshore contract reopened in 2008, one of these national affiliates filed ULP charges against the ILWU to try again to sabotage our bargaining.

Since then, we have seen a growing surge of attacks from various affiliates. Your office added insult to injury by issuing a directive to the Oregon State Federation to rescind its support of the ILWU fight at EGT, which threatened to be the first marine terminal on the West Coast to go non-ILWU.

The attacks by affiliates against the ILWU have only increased. In Los Angeles and Oakland, another affiliate is imposing internal union fines against dual union members for the “crime” of taking a job as a longshoreman — the stated purpose of the fines being to prevent the ILWU from filling new waterfront jobs that replace traditional longshore work due to new technologies. In Oakland and Tacoma, another affiliate is trying to use a recent NLRB ruling against one of our employers to take over ILWU jobs with some of our other employers. Throughout the Pacific Northwest, we are daily seeing still other affiliates blatantly cross the picket lines of ILWU members who have been locked out for months by the regional grain industry.

We see this situation only getting worse as the ILWU is about to start West Coast longshore negotiations and face the challenge of the ports soon being run by robotics and computer-operated machinery over the next five to ten years. We will not let other affiliates jeopardize our survival and block our future as the primary waterfront workforce.

Similarly, the AFL-CIO and the ILWU have historically supported comprehensive immigration reform with a clear path to citizenship that protects undocumented workers from firings, deportations, and the denial of their rights. However, the immigration bill you recently asked us to support imposes extremely long waiting periods on the path to citizenship and favors workers with higher education and profitability to corporations, as opposed to the undocumented workers such as janitors and farm workers who would greatly benefit from the protections granted by legalization.

In Solidarity,
Robert McEllrath
International President

I had to cut a lot of the letter for space, but gist of it is, it's about turf wars. Yes, one paragraph cites healthcare, but that's one paragraph of a litany of complaints about other unions crossing ILWU picket lines!

And do you see what the ILWU is also complaining about? That the "path to citizenship" for undocumented workers is too long!

This is from your Longshore Shipping News link, Witch Dumchit. For anyone interested, the letter in its ENTIRETY can be read there.

Wake up to THIS...

Good morning :)

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#121783 Sep 9, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.politifact.com/trut h-o-meter/statements/2013/aug/ 21/mike-lee/sen-lee-says-union -call-obamacare-bad-workers/
UNIONS: Obamacare bad for workers.
Thanks for the links, O. Did you read them? According to this one, only about half of the unions don't want "Obamacare" because it offers access to better plans than they do. In other words, instead of joining a union and paying dues, workers can just keep that money in their pocket AND get a better healthcare plan through "Obamacare". How cool is that?

As for the IRS and federal government workers, that link said they're ticked because instead of their current healthcare plans that are funded by OUR tax dollars, they're going to have to pay for it themselves like the rest of us. I don't see where that's a bad thing, do you?

Personally I'd like to see that loophole excluding Congress and their staff closed, so they'd have to pay for their own healthcare too. Since the Republicans in Congress have been so adamantly uncooperative though, I guess the President had to make concessions to try and get more important things accomplished.

Again, thanks for the links. They were very informative.

“I love Nicholasville”

Since: Sep 13

Nicholasville

#121784 Sep 9, 2013
Welp wrote:
As opposed to the Neocon warmongers who deliberately lied to get us into war, kill over 5,000 Americans, and actually have the nerve to attack Obama for trying to shut down a proxy state for Iran that has stockpiled over 1,000,000 pounds of nerve gas?

As Bush said, "if you're not with us, you are with the enemy"!
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#121786 Sep 9, 2013
Ed Muenster wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the Neocon warmongers who deliberately lied to get us into war, kill over 5,000 Americans, and actually have the nerve to attack Obama for trying to shut down a proxy state for Iran that has stockpiled over 1,000,000 pounds of nerve gas?
As Bush said, "if you're not with us, you are with the enemy"!
Correct! Bush is the Enemy.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#121787 Sep 9, 2013
Just this week TWC and another has indicated cutting off retires medical care insurance. Reason given, Obama Care, and the increase in costs where they can save money. Obama Care is all about gov`t control , and the businesses are all about making money ,Capitalism.

This may sound as though going backward, but, what was so wrong with things the way things were and make minor changes instead of throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing? I think Congress , the POTUS , most of the Sup.Ct. members , should all be thrown out , start over as the Constitution calls for!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min BCB 1,208
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Curious 130,466
wreck on wolverine 1 hr curious 41
You can fool people 1 hr Nat55 7
Want to buy 1 hr Cheap 1
'Ole Tim to plead guilty to mail fraud! 2 hr getting real 29
Anyone know of any haunted places in Breathitt? (Jan '09) 2 hr Othello 72
•••
•••

Hazel Green Jobs