Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#91174 Jul 27, 2013
IF I became pregnant I'd sue that doctor that was to remove the crib and leave the playpen. And at my age ... Lord, have mercy! And since my better half hasn't been home since, oh, March, oh my, what mess I'd be in!

Uh. My dads lifelong friend is 76 and has a first grader. Lol.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91175 Jul 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>If I got someone pregnant at my age...I would call the book of world records.
Slow blind swimmers and dried up eggs. What a pair

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91176 Jul 27, 2013
Anne wrote:
IF I became pregnant I'd sue that doctor that was to remove the crib and leave the playpen. And at my age ... Lord, have mercy! And since my better half hasn't been home since, oh, March, oh my, what mess I'd be in!

Uh. My dads lifelong friend is 76 and has a first grader. Lol.
Never heard it worded that way. Love it! Thanks for the laugh
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91177 Jul 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>The closest second hand store to me is a Methodist store, its like a gold mine.
A lot of well to do'ers live close to it. I picked up several pairs of dockers shorts not long ago for two bucks seventy five cents a pair. Got a microwave there last year for ten bucks and it still works fine.
Anyone have any ideas about how to keep ants out of a hummingbird feeder?
I have it on a string but the ants just climb down the string and sugar water dive somehow...I guess they dive in through the holes in the bottom IDK.
The thing stays full of drowned ants.
Some big ol Terro traps from Walmart. I sat two by my window and ants were gone in several days. The little traps are about $3.95 for a six pack.
its been

Hyden, KY

#91178 Jul 27, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
over 2 yrs.is it still ready? when it going happen?
duh

Dahlonega, GA

#91179 Jul 27, 2013
Bout time for this to DIE..sick of seeing it and sick of the nuts trying to cover the other stories up with this BULL.Let it go NUTSSSSS!!!!!!
what now

United States

#91180 Jul 27, 2013
Seems like all the animals had babies about the same time around here. Maybe I could take a box of kittys to church, some parents' kids would be happy! Lol
Anne

United States

#91181 Jul 27, 2013
Ah, Miss E Font! That was cute about the slow blind swimmers and dried up eggs! Lol.
We're just popping out the funnies tonight! A WILD Saturday night around here!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91182 Jul 27, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Been severely nauseous this morning. I wonder if that has anything to do with not sleeping?
Yes, if you are having a lot of restless nights it affects your melatonin and circadia ?? rhythm, you will get sick. Eat plenty of peppermint candies and try to relax several hours before going to bed and try mullein as a tea. Hibiscus might help you sleep.
Wish you the best of luck;)
Anne

United States

#91183 Jul 27, 2013
what now wrote:
Seems like all the animals had babies about the same time around here. Maybe I could take a box of kittys to church, some parents' kids would be happy! Lol
I will keep an eagle eye out for you tomorrow morning at church and if I see that box of kittys I will grab the gkids and run like the wind.. In the opposite direction!!!

Have a wonderful restful night!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91184 Jul 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone have any ideas about how to keep ants out of a hummingbird feeder?
First, I just read on this machine to leave ants on the feeder. The hummers love to snack on them before the sugar water. I do not, gets yucky look'n. So, last year on all four feeders I put a small cup above the feeders to hold cooking oil or water but water will evaporate pretty fast. In your cord or wire above the feeder, place a 3/32" small all-thread rod about 3" long along with (2) very small o-rings and (2) small nuts. Buy strong, RED plastic picnic glasses and cut the bottom off to use for a cup. The all-thread runs through a very small hole in the bottom of the cup and fastens on with the small o-rings and nuts. With needle-nose pliers bend a loop on both ends of the all-thread rod for hanging. It takes very little, 1/2" or so, liquid and the ants cannot cross it. Works great. I ordered the small pieces from McMaster-Carr Supply and bought the plastic glasses from Wally-World. Just don't tighten those miniature nuts too tight against the o-rings or it will leak. Any questions......?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91185 Jul 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I just read on this machine to leave ants on the feeder. The hummers love to snack on them before the sugar water. I do not, gets yucky look'n. So, last year on all four feeders I put a small cup above the feeders to hold cooking oil or water but water will evaporate pretty fast. In your cord or wire above the feeder, place a 3/32" small all-thread rod about 3" long along with (2) very small o-rings and (2) small nuts. Buy strong, RED plastic picnic glasses and cut the bottom off to use for a cup. The all-thread runs through a very small hole in the bottom of the cup and fastens on with the small o-rings and nuts. With needle-nose pliers bend a loop on both ends of the all-thread rod for hanging. It takes very little, 1/2" or so, liquid and the ants cannot cross it. Works great. I ordered the small pieces from McMaster-Carr Supply and bought the plastic glasses from Wally-World. Just don't tighten those miniature nuts too tight against the o-rings or it will leak. Any questions......?
How about just go to walmart and by a clear plastic tube with about 6 doors on it with stoops for birds to sit on..Fill it with seed and BAMMMM! bird feeder and seed for under twelve bucks...Just a suggestion, you know instead of o-rings and cups and cutting and hydraulic oil and what not...LMAO.....I got Big Bird in my front yard eating for only 12 bucks.
i just

Hyden, KY

#91186 Jul 27, 2013
take a piece of chalk and chalk the bird feeder holder a ant wont cross chalk..it messes up his radar ..
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91187 Jul 27, 2013
duh wrote:
Bout time for this to DIE..sick of seeing it and sick of the nuts trying to cover the other stories up with this BULL.Let it go NUTSSSSS!!!!!!
Yeah "duh" you slack jawed, slack backed little smart mouth. AW was wondering how long you stood in the road just because cars were going by?
Did you wave there too you imbecile?
If you dont like the traffic get outta the damn road.

Duh my a$ that post was about as dumb as a..... post...hehehehe
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91188 Jul 27, 2013
i just wrote:
take a piece of chalk and chalk the bird feeder holder a ant wont cross chalk..it messes up his radar ..
I'll try it. I dont want to spray ant killer around it that might poison the hummingbirds.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#91189 Jul 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I just read on this machine to leave ants on the feeder. The hummers love to snack on them before the sugar water. I do not, gets yucky look'n. So, last year on all four feeders I put a small cup above the feeders to hold cooking oil or water but water will evaporate pretty fast. In your cord or wire above the feeder, place a 3/32" small all-thread rod about 3" long along with (2) very small o-rings and (2) small nuts. Buy strong, RED plastic picnic glasses and cut the bottom off to use for a cup. The all-thread runs through a very small hole in the bottom of the cup and fastens on with the small o-rings and nuts. With needle-nose pliers bend a loop on both ends of the all-thread rod for hanging. It takes very little, 1/2" or so, liquid and the ants cannot cross it. Works great. I ordered the small pieces from McMaster-Carr Supply and bought the plastic glasses from Wally-World. Just don't tighten those miniature nuts too tight against the o-rings or it will leak. Any questions......?
Now that, I can build. I already have everything it would take in the little shack out behind my bigger shack LOL. I'm going to try the chalk trick while I make the moat bowl. And the ant traps, I didn't mess with them until they messed with me. I would hate it if they made there way into the house.
John

Paintsville, KY

#91190 Jul 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Now that, I can build. I already have everything it would take in the little shack out behind my bigger shack LOL. I'm going to try the chalk trick while I make the moat bowl. And the ant traps, I didn't mess with them until they messed with me. I would hate it if they made there way into the house.
the pr lady knows all about this
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91191 Jul 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Saturday night, no cigarette, no drink....no woman of ...ill repute.....
Zzzzeesh
Hahahaha But there is music.
Same here, not that I needed or wanted that anyways but for music I wemt to a Southern Gospel concert.

I was reading about the late life child bearing. That one commercial says if you have an erection lasting longer than 4 hours to call the doctor. Heck, forget the doctor. Just call the newspaper and the tv station. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91192 Jul 28, 2013
Gave away 8 dozen ears of corn yesterday. 16 plastic bags containing 6 ears each for the old folks. In about another week, I will be able to do that again. That and the exercise to keep the ticker humming are the main reasons I raise so much corn. Plus, the chickens get what the raccoons and deer mess over.
John

Paintsville, KY

#91194 Jul 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Gave away 8 dozen ears of corn yesterday. 16 plastic bags containing 6 ears each for the old folks. In about another week, I will be able to do that again. That and the exercise to keep the ticker humming are the main reasons I raise so much corn. Plus, the chickens get what the raccoons and deer mess over.
talk to pr lady

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazel Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tonya bolin 1 min Gar 2
Tonya Sheffield (Sep '14) 3 hr I figured 2
Savannah Land 5 hr Abc 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Family Man 142,410
CLayton Smith 7 hr Old friend 5
What do yall think about Matt Strong, Jordan Mu... (Nov '09) 9 hr Witness 37
Adultry 13 hr IDoKnow 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazel Green Mortgages