Social Workers in Perry Court

Posted in the Hazard Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
lil fancy pants

Manchester, KY

#1 Oct 29, 2009
Did anyone else hear that Leigh Anne Stephens barred Perry Co. Social Workers from her court? I don't know if this is just a rumor or if there may be some truth behind it, but I was told that Stephens said she was tired of the lying from Social Services and their antics. If anyone can shed any light on this, holla back.
No Idea

Manchester, KY

#2 Oct 30, 2009
It would be awful hard to have court on Wednesdays without the Social Workers!
supervising

Zoe, KY

#3 Oct 30, 2009
not true they were in court this week actually,
Hazardchic

Brodhead, KY

#4 Oct 30, 2009
I don't think that would actually be legal.
unknown

Kittanning, PA

#5 Oct 30, 2009
yeah it would because all of the social workers has paper work and what I'm guessing is that they would give the paper work on each case to the judge because the social workers just make recommendations in court to the judge as what should happen and then the judge decides himself or herself what should happen in the case so actually it's the judges decision they don't really have to have the social workers and they do do a lot of lying there's one that I really like she's really good if you have any issues her name is Tiffany Collins I recommend her if you have been lied about and don't deserve to be in the situation you are in she'll get you out of it if she thinks it seems fit
true

London, KY

#6 Oct 30, 2009
supervising wrote:
not true they were in court this week actually,
Yes, they were in court, all of them. Judge Stephens called them all in together and after a long time, postponed all cases for the day. Now wonder what that means????
Private Poster

London, KY

#7 Oct 30, 2009
If there's one social worker in perry county hwo doesn't lie, I'd like to meet her. we have had a situation in our family, and the person made a bad mistake, no denying that. but the whole familoy has paid for it now, for three years. her children suffer, parents, brothers and sisters, everyone involved has to be governed by the social workers. then you go to court adfter you think you've done it all, and they hit you in the face with something you didn't even know you were supposed to do. They're dirty, everyone I met. If kthis Tiffany isn't, I wish she had our case.
TSgt Gray

UK

#8 Oct 30, 2009
Kim is an excellant worker whome I think would not or could not Lie in court she has been one of the most concerned with the safety of the children she represents.
what r u talkin about

London, KY

#9 Oct 30, 2009
TSgt Gray wrote:
Kim is an excellant worker whome I think would not or could not Lie in court she has been one of the most concerned with the safety of the children she represents.
aru you stupid or what. its there job to lie. that goes for kim, wanda brenda and the whole bunch. they dog the people that r trying ther best and ignore the freaks that need to be watched like the ones who feed them info. tsgt just happens to be in real tight with kim if u know what i mean.m thers aright way to do the job and a wrong way and they do it all wrong. they need to be looked at real hard by an higher rankin person.
just thinking

Manchester, KY

#10 Oct 30, 2009
It is true that some of the social workers are hard to deal with. I have never had to myself but I do know people that have. But the way I see it is if you were taking care of your kids to begin with you wouldn't have to deal with a social worker. Kids should always come first.
just thinking

Manchester, KY

#11 Oct 30, 2009
I will agree that some social workers here in Perry County are hard to deal with but the way I see it is if you were taking care of your children to begin with you wouldn't have to deal with social workers. Kids should always come first.
WTH

Manchester, KY

#12 Oct 31, 2009
People call Social Services everytime they get mad at someone around here! You are crazy if you think otherwise. Piss someone off and SS will be knocking on your door that afternoon.
damn right

London, KY

#13 Oct 31, 2009
Amen wth, thats happen to me 3 times and every time it all turns out to be a bunch of lies, ya know 2 times i had to pay for drug test, passed both of em, but thats $80 i had to fork out because of lies, $80 will buy quit a bit of stuff for my children, Im all for social services if a kid isnt being taking care of but ya know they will pass 20 kids who are truely being neglected just to follow up on bs phone calls.
miss prissy

Manchester, KY

#14 Oct 31, 2009
I think they should keep them all drug tested too, and I also think they would be surprised.
Lucy Marie

Manchester, KY

#15 Oct 31, 2009
they do the best they can at this jail, they are over crowded and under staffed, someone in my family has used this jail many times and he has always been treated good.
To TSgt Gray

Greenbrier, AR

#16 Oct 31, 2009
R u seriously still on here defending Kim? After everything she has done to u personally? Ok maybe she has been right this whole entire time about u then! Maybe u r not fit to be around ur child with out supervision due to ur drinking! U know sh tells ppl that she's actually affraid that u will get drunk and molest ur very own blood?! Kim is and always will be a terrible person both @ home and especially on the job! She has torn so many families apart and not tried to put any of them back together! If Ms. Stephens has or does bar them from her court then I will give her many many kudoes! I know that most of them have and will continue to lie to keep their jobs!!
opiate45

London, KY

#17 Oct 31, 2009
To TSgt Gray wrote:
R u seriously still on here defending Kim? After everything she has done to u personally? Ok maybe she has been right this whole entire time about u then! Maybe u r not fit to be around ur child with out supervision due to ur drinking! U know sh tells ppl that she's actually affraid that u will get drunk and molest ur very own blood?! Kim is and always will be a terrible person both @ home and especially on the job! She has torn so many families apart and not tried to put any of them back together! If Ms. Stephens has or does bar them from her court then I will give her many many kudoes! I know that most of them have and will continue to lie to keep their jobs!!
i do so agree with everything u have said.
true

London, KY

#18 Oct 31, 2009
I agree also. There is no attempt to put the children back with their parents, no matter how much the parents and children want it. It's the children who suffer most. The social workers certainly don't care. They act more like a police unit, than an agency that should be helpful in these circumstances. And yes, they lie every step of the way.
checking in

London, KY

#19 Oct 31, 2009
she tld everybody in the courtroom that the social workers lied out both sides of their mouth and she saidif they told the kids stuff to report it to their attorney
just thinking

London, KY

#20 Oct 31, 2009
WTH wrote:
People call Social Services everytime they get mad at someone around here! You are crazy if you think otherwise. Piss someone off and SS will be knocking on your door that afternoon.
You are absolutely right about that. I do agree but if they had knocked at my door when I did have children at home they would have found a clean house, parents that were working and providing for their children and most of all they would have found happy, healthy well loved children. There is nothing to fear from social workers unless there is something going on in the house that shouldn't be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Rat 18 min rats on rats 36
Boiling Water Alert in Hazard 49 min Curious 5
Man went Crazy in Gorman Hollow 1 hr i dont see him an... 51
Attention: Christopher Lee Fugate 2 hr What about that 9
Lisa coots Campbell 2 hr Ruby 41
Upcoming Hazard Mayor's Race 3 hr Visiting From Geo... 207
Melissa combs and black disease liver Chriss ol... 3 hr Mike 1
When will the water be back on in hazard? 7 hr carl 122
Mayors wife making fun of us 18 hr Double D 102

Hazard Jobs