UK Basketball
Smokey

Viper, KY

#1 Nov 9, 2012
How far will UK go this year?
none sports fan

Viper, KY

#2 Nov 10, 2012
who cares,,,there are more important things for ppl to be thinking about these days,,i get so tired of hearing about stupid UK,,,every where you look thats all u see,,,get over it ppl,,,put God in ur lives and dont put UK before him,,,worship Him only,,,He can save ur soul,,,what can UK do for you,,,nothing but take money out of ur pocket and off ur table...
donb

United States

#3 Nov 11, 2012
Maybe to some people your talking of something they don't believe exist l don't believe exist I have seen UK play have you seen god
well

London, KY

#4 Nov 11, 2012
none sports fan wrote:
who cares,,,there are more important things for ppl to be thinking about these days,,i get so tired of hearing about stupid UK,,,every where you look thats all u see,,,get over it ppl,,,put God in ur lives and dont put UK before him,,,worship Him only,,,He can save ur soul,,,what can UK do for you,,,nothing but take money out of ur pocket and off ur table...
Are you saying its a sin for a christian to watch UK basketball? I don't think it is. I happen to believe in god strongly, and I also bleed blue. You could do a better job at spreading the word my friend if you didn't seem so bitter and angry.
none sports fan

Viper, KY

#5 Nov 11, 2012
i did not type that it is a sin to watch uk or any kind of sports,so that is not what i said.,,,but i have sat in church and watched ppl check thier watches and talk about how close it is getting to the time for the game to begin,,and have heard ppl even say "can we hurry this along Uk plays tonight,,,yes that is a sin,,putting ANYTHING before God is wrong,,He gives us all of his time, we should give Him his no matter how long it takes,,i am not saying any of you do that but this is a public fourum and i just dont get all the hype that is built in with the worship of this team,,,i feel there is much more important things for people to focus on,,,such as time with God. also i have friends that gripe about how they dont have money for nothing but they walk around with thier Uk shirts, jackets etc. on and they always have thier Uk this and uk that,,,so yes i feel it is taken too far, and as far as me being bitter and angry goes,,absolutely not,,people can waste thier time and money anyway they want,,,i just have the right to express my feelings about it,,there is coming a time in this world when people better have thier priorities straight...
well

London, KY

#6 Nov 11, 2012
none sports fan wrote:
i did not type that it is a sin to watch uk or any kind of sports,so that is not what i said.,,,but i have sat in church and watched ppl check thier watches and talk about how close it is getting to the time for the game to begin,,and have heard ppl even say "can we hurry this along Uk plays tonight,,,yes that is a sin,,putting ANYTHING before God is wrong,,He gives us all of his time, we should give Him his no matter how long it takes,,i am not saying any of you do that but this is a public fourum and i just dont get all the hype that is built in with the worship of this team,,,i feel there is much more important things for people to focus on,,,such as time with God. also i have friends that gripe about how they dont have money for nothing but they walk around with thier Uk shirts, jackets etc. on and they always have thier Uk this and uk that,,,so yes i feel it is taken too far, and as far as me being bitter and angry goes,,absolutely not,,people can waste thier time and money anyway they want,,,i just have the right to express my feelings about it,,there is coming a time in this world when people better have thier priorities straight...
What do people have? Yes we have god, but what do people have to be proud of? Most of us are passionate about sports. It's in our dna. Sports have been around as long as man has been around. So what if I wear a UK shirt. Hell you can get them for 5 bucks or less. So what?

As for you hearing people mutter in church we need to hurry up, uk plays tonight. Well, that's an outright lie! UK does not schedule any of its games on sundays.
none sports fan

Viper, KY

#7 Nov 11, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>What do people have? Yes we have god, but what do people have to be proud of? Most of us are passionate about sports. It's in our dna. Sports have been around as long as man has been around. So what if I wear a UK shirt. Hell you can get them for 5 bucks or less. So what?
As for you hearing people mutter in church we need to hurry up, uk plays tonight. Well, that's an outright lie! UK does not schedule any of its games on sundays.
first of all i have not gotten disrespectful to you or anyone else,,,so dont call me a liar,,,evedently the church you go to,,if you go only has services on sundays,,but the one im talking about has service three times a week,,,so mam or mister do not call someone you dont know a liar,,,im glad you can buy your Uk stuff so cheaply, once again im not saying that ppl should not like sports,,,i just said that i dont understand all the hype that goes with UK basketball,,be a fan but dont make your whole life about it, and dont expect everyone to feel the same way,,and yes i do know some people that do,,,,
Smokey

Viper, KY

#8 Nov 12, 2012
It seems to me it is more the lack of devotion from your fellow parishioners than temptation from a college basketball game. It appears they are going to be going to church to be seen going to church.
well

Liberty, KY

#9 Nov 12, 2012
none sports fan wrote:
<quoted text> first of all i have not gotten disrespectful to you or anyone else,,,so dont call me a liar,,,evedently the church you go to,,if you go only has services on sundays,,but the one im talking about has service three times a week,,,so mam or mister do not call someone you dont know a liar,,,im glad you can buy your Uk stuff so cheaply, once again im not saying that ppl should not like sports,,,i just said that i dont understand all the hype that goes with UK basketball,,be a fan but dont make your whole life about it, and dont expect everyone to feel the same way,,and yes i do know some people that do,,,,
How bout this? Don't tell others what to do! You go to church 7 nights a week and do your thing, but let others do what they want to. If you don't like sports, that's your business. That doesn't mean you have to get on topix and degrade others because they do.
none sports fan

Viper, KY

#10 Nov 12, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>How bout this? Don't tell others what to do! You go to church 7 nights a week and do your thing, but let others do what they want to. If you don't like sports, that's your business. That doesn't mean you have to get on topix and degrade others because they do.
I have not degraded you or no one else,,,you are the one that started name calling,,,i only gave an opinion and you getting all defensive and angry because i am not a UK fan and am willing to say so only proves my point,,,i just dont get it,,,This is all I have to say about because i am not going to argue about it,,,like i have said i am not a sports fan, basketball or any other sport and i have that right the same as you have the right a to be a fan of what ever you choose,,,that being said for you and all the other fans of this team i do hope they go all the way this year,,,God bless you and may He always grant you happiness...
none sports fan

Viper, KY

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Smokey wrote:
It seems to me it is more the lack of devotion from your fellow parishioners than temptation from a college basketball game. It appears they are going to be going to church to be seen going to church.
That is true,,,I wittnessed this many times and it just bothered me how people who claimed to be christians could put watching a ball game before God and giving Him his time,,maybe they didnt realize what they were doing,,i never said that there was anything wrong with being a passionate fan,,,i only said that i didnt understand all the hype being so intense connected to this one school,,,i have people in my own family who are not just a fan they are fanatics about it and will get all up in peoples face about it,,,thats just too much to me,,
partie

Lexington, KY

#12 Nov 14, 2012
They have a long season ahead. From the looks of the duke game they need to work on rebounding and free throws
Concerned Citizen

Baltimore, MD

#13 Nov 14, 2012
They will lose two more games before January, then will not lose again until at least the National Championship game. I fully expect them to win the title!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delusional People in Perry County 3 min Dump 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Albuha 167,931
thea williams 14 min Thea 10
Fazolis near East Perry 1 hr Ummmm 23
Oh my bidness 2 hr Mind you own 10
Sierra Brewer Scott Combs girlfriend 5 hr Lottscreeklady 12
Hazard city workers slug it out downtown 5 hr Hillbilly 155

Hazard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hazard Mortgages