Enterprise Mining
Rough Rider

London, KY

#1 May 7, 2012
They will soon be shuting down,is it because of the UNION talk.
miner

London, KY

#2 May 7, 2012
no it's because of the bad coal market plus the trouble of getting workable permits.i've not heard any union talk except on here and i figure thats just losers like you wanting to cause trouble.we are losing a good company and the best jobs in this region.i know that will tickle a lot of you no working pecker heads
Rough Rider

London, KY

#3 May 7, 2012
Here we go another scab that is afraid of his job.
stunned

Somerset, KY

#4 May 8, 2012
you call me a scab but i bet you dont even work.a few 10 hour days might put some fear in you cheese eater
Ha Ha

United States

#5 May 8, 2012
stunned wrote:
you call me a scab but i bet you dont even work.a few 10 hour days might put some fear in you cheese eater
**{{ snicker }}**

"cheese eater"....that's a good one.

(that cheese is pretty good, though)
Rough Rider

London, KY

#6 May 8, 2012
Was told today they were shuting down around the last of this month.
stunned

Harrison, AR

#7 May 9, 2012
now i know you're full of shit rr.i work there and can see the amount of work that has to be done before any shut down,and a month wont even start it.guess you'll have to wait a little longer to get joy out of other people losing their living.
just saying

London, KY

#8 May 10, 2012
enterprise isnt going anywere but to say a mine cant close in a month is very wrong i personally got caught in the middle of a mine shutting dwn over in leslie co on baily creek the mine owners had first and second shift haul out all the equipment they wanted and thats exactly what they done they couldnt get it all but they got the high dollar stuff and left the rest so when 3rd shift come rolling in and yes this was on payday i got to tell them hey this mine closed dwn they were some pissed off miners demanding there checks but i was just the guard that got stuck in the middle so yes a mine can pull out in as little as 2 shifts and leave others hanging and im sure theres pple on here that worked there at the time that will back what i say up
stunned

Sheridan, AR

#9 May 11, 2012
the mine i'm talking about is a surface job and you cant leave until it is reclaimed or you lose your bond money.plus it keeps you from getting another permit.by the way enterprise is leaving we have already been told.a lot of people think it will only affect us,but take hundreds of 60 to 100 thousand dollar a year jobs out of our local economy and watch the misery trickle down

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Davis 22 min good stuff 3
KKK coming to Hazard? (Apr '11) 36 min What 277
march on combs! 1 hr cocoa 4
arc suboxone clinic fraud 1 hr junkieluvr 1
Patsy banks@walker branch rd 1 hr Grannymom 3
Anyone know Rita Ritchie 1 hr Grannymom 4
Tournament 2 hr Oven 1
Chavies 5 hr Leslie 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance