unknown

London, KY

#1 Jan 20, 2012
Why is estill fired when John Paul Amis should be the one getting fired he was the one 4 or 5 year ago had child pornography on his SCHOOL COMPUTER?
help us

London, KY

#2 Jan 20, 2012
I HOPE John Paul Amis is next to be fired he has no morals.
Big Al

Hazard, KY

#3 Jan 20, 2012
It will never happen. He and Punkin own the county
Rest of the story

Somerset, KY

#4 Jan 20, 2012
help us wrote:
I HOPE John Paul Amis is next to be fired he has no morals.
It ain't over til the fat baby FARTS!...Just sit back and listen for it...lmao
laughing

London, KY

#5 Jan 20, 2012
I agree with you rest of the story i believe it just started coming out there will be more firing when you think you can't be touched that when hell steps what goes around comes around just sit and wait it will happen people get your houses in order
Rest of the story

Mount Ida, AR

#6 Jan 21, 2012
laughing wrote:
I agree with you rest of the story i believe it just started coming out there will be more firing when you think you can't be touched that when hell steps what goes around comes around just sit and wait it will happen people get your houses in order
Laughing... you are so right...more firing to come...lol Its to late for them to get their houses in order, they should have thought about that before they got this all started. Its all in black and white. JPA and his college room-mate have some explaining to do! Like I said... it ain't over til the fat baby farts...just sit back and listen...its workin up...can't wait! I bet when its said and done it smells like chit...lmao
Anonymous

London, KY

#7 Jan 21, 2012
The way I see it, this is all just getting started. The downfall of the Perry County Board of Education is about to occur. And I love every bit of it.
Big Al

Hazard, KY

#8 Jan 21, 2012
I hope some punkins get smashed. I love smashing punkins!
Rest of the story

Mount Ida, AR

#9 Jan 21, 2012
Big Al wrote:
I hope some punkins get smashed. I love smashing punkins!
Oh you just wait...the pumpkin patch is gone too...and I too love it...way over due! JPA Pumpkin and the whole bunch ain't gonna know what hit em...Balahahahahahahahahh
MemyselfandI

Hazard, KY

#10 Jan 21, 2012
Estill was the fall guy for that bunch of clowns. All they ever cared about was sports. Look at how many Straight A students go off to college only to be placed in remedial classes just to get them up to speed. You can't blame this solely on the principal. Its the whole system that is messed up. It won't change until academics becomes more important than athletics and politics.

Also, a job in the education field should not be a political appointment in return for votes. Thats why the nasty old punkin patch needs to be sprayed with agent orange.
MemyselfandI

Hazard, KY

#11 Jan 22, 2012
Let's plow up the Punkin Patch...
Anonymous

London, KY

#12 Jan 22, 2012
We all know that John Paul is the real criminal here. It's time for us to take a stand like the students at PCC and take down his corrupt ass. He isn't even legally employed according to this Hazard Herald article. The truth should be known, folks. Here is the article:

A recent review of the employment contract of Perry Schools Superintendent John Paul Amis indicated that the total package amounts to well in excess of $200,000 annual salary. That contract began on July 1, 2006 and ended on June 30, 2010.

Interestingly, the board in 2007, one year into that contract, began to grant one year extensions, obviously in an effort to keep a continuing four-year employment obligation in place to Superintendent Amis. Last July, Superintendent Amis was granted a fourth one-year extension of his employment contract, putting the current projected expiration date at June 30, 2015. In the contract, the Board used KRS 160.350 to legitimize the continuing one-year extensions. This legislation became effective in 2004 and states:“After the completion of the superintendent’s first contract, or after four years, whichever comes last, the board of education may, no later than June 30, extend the contract of the superintendent for ONE(1) additional year beyond the current term of employment.”

His current term of employment (four years) expired on June 30, 2010. The statute cited above makes no provision for employment of the superintendent beyond the designated one-year extension. That extension legally expired on June 30, 2011. Referencing KRS 160.350 (the law of the land), it appear that Perry Schools may be currently operating without a legally-employed superintendent.

And so will we sanely begin the process of accepting applications for the position? Let’s review accomplishments or lack thereof under the leadership of John Paul Amis:

Bottomed-out test scores.

The disgraceful ACT cheating scandal followed by Superintendent Amis’ even more disgraceful accusations toward the testing organization

Impending state takeover of Perry Central High School’s instructional program due to last year’s test scores ranking among the bottom 5 percent statewide with top district leadership (including Mr. Amis) located three hundred yards away.

Not to be forgotten, the tens of thousands of gallons of petroleum vanished from the district reserves located directly behind Central Office.

The inability of Superintendent Amis to take the lead in mending the relationship between Perry Schools and cross-town rival Hazard Independent.

The inability of Superintendent Amis to lead in selecting a construction site for Dennis Wooton Elementary without the very avoidable confusion of choosing, then discarding numerous sites before settling on the current one.

Chairman Combs will undoubtedly make reference to this statement as “foolishness,” but the law is

very clear. It is time to select a superintendent. We parents, grandparents, taxpayers, and citizens have a choice: We can be silent and allow this to be handled by people proven incompetent to see to the needs of the children, or we can insist that we select a superintendent fit to lead Perry Schools out of the devastation brought about by these individuals.

Eddie N. Campbell
Lloyd Engle
Lost Creek, Ky.
MemyselfandI

Hazard, KY

#13 Jan 22, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
We all know that John Paul is the real criminal here. It's time for us to take a stand like the students at PCC and take down his corrupt ass. He isn't even legally employed according to this Hazard Herald article. The truth should be known, folks. Here is the article:
A recent review of the employment contract of Perry Schools Superintendent John Paul Amis indicated that the total package amounts to well in excess of $200,000 annual salary. That contract began on July 1, 2006 and ended on June 30, 2010.
Interestingly, the board in 2007, one year into that contract, began to grant one year extensions, obviously in an effort to keep a continuing four-year employment obligation in place to Superintendent Amis. Last July, Superintendent Amis was granted a fourth one-year extension of his employment contract, putting the current projected expiration date at June 30, 2015. In the contract, the Board used KRS 160.350 to legitimize the continuing one-year extensions. This legislation became effective in 2004 and states:“After the completion of the superintendent’s first contract, or after four years, whichever comes last, the board of education may, no later than June 30, extend the contract of the superintendent for ONE(1) additional year beyond the current term of employment.”
His current term of employment (four years) expired on June 30, 2010. The statute cited above makes no provision for employment of the superintendent beyond the designated one-year extension. That extension legally expired on June 30, 2011. Referencing KRS 160.350 (the law of the land), it appear that Perry Schools may be currently operating without a legally-employed superintendent.
And so will we sanely begin the process of accepting applications for the position? Let’s review accomplishments or lack thereof under the leadership of John Paul Amis:
Bottomed-out test scores.
The disgraceful ACT cheating scandal followed by Superintendent Amis’ even more disgraceful accusations toward the testing organization
Impending state takeover of Perry Central High School’s instructional program due to last year’s test scores ranking among the bottom 5 percent statewide with top district leadership (including Mr. Amis) located three hundred yards away.
Not to be forgotten, the tens of thousands of gallons of petroleum vanished from the district reserves located directly behind Central Office.
The inability of Superintendent Amis to take the lead in mending the relationship between Perry Schools and cross-town rival Hazard Independent.
The inability of Superintendent Amis to lead in selecting a construction site for Dennis Wooton Elementary without the very avoidable confusion of choosing, then discarding numerous sites before settling on the current one.
Chairman Combs will undoubtedly make reference to this statement as “foolishness,” but the law is
very clear. It is time to select a superintendent. We parents, grandparents, taxpayers, and citizens have a choice: We can be silent and allow this to be handled by people proven incompetent to see to the needs of the children, or we can insist that we select a superintendent fit to lead Perry Schools out of the devastation brought about by these individuals.
Eddie N. Campbell
Lloyd Engle
Lost Creek, Ky.
I agree with 99% of what you are saying. The 1% difference is this:

If you want to kill the snake, cut off the head. If you just dump JPA, then you cut off the tail and the snake can still bite you. Get rid of Gaddafi's body double, a.k.a. Punkin, and the snake is dead. Get that guy out and the others go too. Best case scenario is for the state to take it over and throw out the current cartel that controls local politics via the Perry County School Board. Time to take out the trash folks. This is best shot you have got. Make Punkin go away for good at the next election. Your kids' futures depend on it.
Rest of the story

London, KY

#14 Jan 22, 2012
Its gonna be a very interesting week...2 choices, resign or get fired, myself I hope its the latter...lol Punkin will be going with him, I hope they both go to jail. People like this is what gives Perry County the name it has, crooks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guess who's pregnant already 8 min Ben Dover 13
what is, where is the pop TRAIN? !!!!!!!!! 16 min Soda Pop 3
David Johnson Law firm 18 min They done me good 12
Combs rd tobacco 26 min dope man 3
Word Association (Dec '12) 32 min SWAMP WITCH 825
Hazard, Ky Feels So Evil (Mar '12) 34 min Old Man 377
drop a word.......add a word (Apr '10) 34 min SWAMP WITCH 2,584
bridget smith dead!!!!!! 5 hr guest 25
Dr. James A. Chaney update after court 16 hr Praying 264
More from around the web

Hazard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]