Washington, IN

#1 Nov 25, 2012
It's gone due to funding and mines closing
Need Info

Inman, SC

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Adam wrote:
It's gone due to funding and mines closing
Can anyone provide OFFICIAL references to confirm this claim ?

Thanks
lol

Manchester, KY

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Wtf does mines closing have to do with high school sports??? Dumb!!
Ummm

Somerset, KY

#4 Nov 26, 2012
lol wrote:
Wtf does mines closing have to do with high school sports??? Dumb!!
Mining has to do with everything... Hitler despised coal. And look what happened to the Eskimos. Hitler killed them all in the Vietnam war because they used coal.

COAL!
lol

Somerset, KY

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Mining has to do with everything to narrow minded rednecks like you. There is a great big world outside if eastern Kentucky that is doing just fine. You would know that if you crawled out from under the rock you are living under
sob story

Manchester, KY

#6 Nov 26, 2012
i'm a former miner myself and im so sick of hearing all these coal miners and their sob stories, yea the economy around here takes some hits from it but my god do u actually believe that it would affect high school athletics? If so its people like you that truelly give east kentuckians a bad name, Wise up retard.
truth

London, KY

#7 Nov 27, 2012
ever hear of coal severance funds dumb ass no coal no funds
retard

London, KY

#8 Nov 27, 2012
so i'm guessing that in your little mind that coal severance funds are the only type of financial support that the high school athletics recieve? If so you need to crawl out of whatever hole your hiding in and take a second look at things.
HOW ABOUT THAT

London, KY

#9 Nov 27, 2012
truth wrote:
ever hear of coal severance funds dumb ass no coal no funds
Eighteen people were injured early Friday evening when a gas-fueled explosion ripped through a strip club in the western Massachusetts city of Springfield, the city's mayor said.
retard

London, KY

#10 Nov 27, 2012
and thats relevant to this topic because?
go dawgs

United States

#11 Nov 27, 2012
Well, if coal keeps the lights on, we won't have all those school taxes that come out of our electric bill anymore.
Ron

Washington, IN

#12 Nov 27, 2012
It's true lack of funding
Spelller

Paducah, KY

#13 Nov 29, 2012
sob story wrote:
i'm a former miner myself and im so sick of hearing all these coal miners and their sob stories, yea the economy around here takes some hits from it but my god do u actually believe that it would affect high school athletics? If so its people like you that truelly give east kentuckians a bad name, Wise up retard.
I thought truellly had three L's?
Odd Comments

United States

#14 Nov 29, 2012
Does anyone here understand basic economics?

Try following this very basic logic:

1. Football programs cost money.
2. Schools get money for sports programs from the local tax base.
3. The "local tax base" is based on local businesses (which provide local paychecks)
4. Coal is a major local business.
Santa

Somerset, KY

#15 Nov 29, 2012
Need Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone provide OFFICIAL references to confirm this claim ?
Thanks
do you actually expect to hear "official" information on Topix, good luck
Go Dawgs

United States

#16 Nov 29, 2012
Ever hear of the Booster Club? Unless HHS closes its doors there will be a football team. Alumni and parents care to much about the kids as well as the tradition to ever let this happen.
Trace Adkins

Lexington, KY

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Sorry guys, official word came in today... they're will not longer be anymore country music, cigarettes, lottery tickets, camaros, 12 packs of natty light, or NASCAR. Because of the recent coal layoffs.

Also there is no more funding for camo hats, flea market tap out shirts, or Jesus.

Thanks a lot Obama.
DollyP

United States

#18 Nov 29, 2012
Trace Adkins wrote:
Sorry guys, official word came in today... they're will not longer be anymore country music, cigarettes, lottery tickets, camaros, 12 packs of natty light, or NASCAR. Because of the recent coal layoffs.
Also there is no more funding for camo hats, flea market tap out shirts, or Jesus.
Thanks a lot Obama.
But what about TransAms, monster trucks and tractor pulls? I guess we'll have to smoke corn silks!
Trace Adkins

Lexington, KY

#19 Nov 29, 2012
DollyP wrote:
<quoted text> But what about TransAms, monster trucks and tractor pulls? I guess we'll have to smoke corn silks!
Monster trucks and tractor pull funding is provided by federal funds, controlled by the Dept of agriculture. Transam funding actually falls under planned parenthood since so many children are conceived in the back of them in this area. Obama is pretty cool with planned parenthood so we should be ok. Great question though.
DollyP

United States

#20 Nov 29, 2012
Trace Adkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Monster trucks and tractor pull funding is provided by federal funds, controlled by the Dept of agriculture. Transam funding actually falls under planned parenthood since so many children are conceived in the back of them in this area. Obama is pretty cool with planned parenthood so we should be ok. Great question though.
Thank you Trace, ya big lug! Come on over to Dwood and ride our newest attraction, TWIN PEAKS! This ones (or twos) on me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hazard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican candidate for perry county Judge 3 min Not Scott 9
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Going Blue 1,283
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Curious 130,470
East ky hunter 23 min Pissed off 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 25 min Anne52 81,595
What is going in the old Mc Donald's building? 39 min signs 32
Freddie Kennedy 56 min Ex Con 8
Blue Diamond Wed Best of Luck 103
•••
•••